Any beta tester of newest AUM version using an iPad pro 11 ? If not, anyone interested ?

@XanderJames @slcrz @gosnote @david_2017 @MichaelLawrence you might ask to beta test the next version of AUM to see if this spike problem is already or partly solved ?
I'm beta tester, but I don't own (yet) an iPad pro 11...So to make things quicker until I got one...

Comments

  • Great.. New AUM... looking forward to this..

  • I am in ;)
    I have cracklings using the speaker of the ipad but not if I have the bluetooth headset paired. Hopefully this will be solved soon.... by apple or Jonatan :)

  • As far as I know there's nothing we app-developers can do about this, unfortunately. Again it seems to be an issue about CPU frequency scaling, energy/performance management, thread priorities, or similar.. But if there's any "magic trick" I could do on my side to make things better, I'm eager to hear about it :)

  • @david_2017 said:
    I am in ;)
    I have cracklings using the speaker of the ipad but not if I have the bluetooth headset paired. Hopefully this will be solved soon.... by apple or Jonatan :)

    Using the speakers on the iPad defaults to 48khz sample rate which can cause some issues

  • I have an 11”’iPad. Willing to beta test.

  • Same here happy to beta test if needed.

  • edited November 26

    @j_liljedahl I think the "magic trick" is already integrated in the beta as everything works so much better on it now !
    I'd just like to know how bad it is on the beta...with which seems to be an IOS bug...

    Purpose is also to bring you more beta testers on the new pro's that could bring more feedback before I can test it myself, then we will hardly push Apple to correct it as we are legions ! :D

  • I don’t have an iPad 11" but would be interested in beta testing AUM, especially if it has Link sync stop/start!?

  • @j_liljedahl said:
    As far as I know there's nothing we app-developers can do about this, unfortunately. Again it seems to be an issue about CPU frequency scaling, energy/performance management, thread priorities, or similar.. But if there's any "magic trick" I could do on my side to make things better, I'm eager to hear about it :)

    Have you contacted Apple? What do they say?

  • @crony said:
    @j_liljedahl I think the "magic trick" is already integrated in the beta as everything works so much better on it now !
    I'd just like to know how bad it is on the beta...with which seems to be an IOS bug...

    Purpose is also to bring you more beta testers on the new pro's that could bring more feedback before I can test it myself, then we will hardly push Apple to correct it as we are legions ! :D

    The AUM beta has an improved internal MIDI engine, so it should improve timing and stability especially for MIDI going between AU plugins. I don't think it's related.

  • @j_liljedahl said:

    @crony said:
    @j_liljedahl I think the "magic trick" is already integrated in the beta as everything works so much better on it now !
    I'd just like to know how bad it is on the beta...with which seems to be an IOS bug...

    Purpose is also to bring you more beta testers on the new pro's that could bring more feedback before I can test it myself, then we will hardly push Apple to correct it as we are legions ! :D

    The AUM beta has an improved internal MIDI engine, so it should improve timing and stability especially for MIDI going between AU plugins. I don't think it's related.

    That's great news. I've run into some timing issues between apps as well as when controlling plugins with hardware sequencers. Hopefully some of that gets ironed out.

    Any room in the beta pool?

  • @j_liljedahl any chance of a minimized view setting option so we can see more than 5 tracks at a time?

  • @vpich said:
    @j_liljedahl any chance of a minimized view setting option so we can see more than 5 tracks at a time?

    http://kymatica.com/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html

  • @recccp said:

    @vpich said:
    @j_liljedahl any chance of a minimized view setting option so we can see more than 5 tracks at a time?

    http://kymatica.com/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html

    Thanks. I see. Seen and passed up.

Sign In or Register to comment.