Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video..Using iRig Pro to record VST's into Cubasis

A nice and easy way to your VST's into your iPad, and although you have to have a mono feed, it still sounds great. Lots of people have an iRig HD or Pro, not so many have a stereo audio interface, so this is a nice workaround.

Comments

• Cool video! The part about iRig PRO not being working with Windows PCs can be worked around (for audio, not MIDI) using ASIO4ALL but it isn't a solution that works "right out of the box" and since there are challenges that some folks may face in doing so (or they simply won't want to "mess around" with it) we don't post it on the product page. We do, however, have an entry in our FAQ about how to go about doing so: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3615

Side note, I've been a fan of the hardware M1 for ages, probably because that's the workstation I worked on most during my music education (which means I'm old!).

• Ah yes, I had a hardware M1, weighed a ton, but superb. What I like about the VST is that you get all the cards, thats over 3000 top sounds, exactly the same as the original for about £35

• Inspiring Doug !

After watching this just spent the evening experimenting with a similar set up. Didn't have my iPad CCK to hand but manged to get a stereo signal into Multitrack Daw on my iPhone.

this is what i did ....

M audio, axiom air keyboard, mini USB out to USB in on laptop

Cubase on laptop acting as VST host

Laptop headphone >>> 3.5mm stereo out to l & R line in on miditech audioface 11 interface.

USB out >>> from interface to camera connection kit to iPhone.

Will try tomorrow with iPad and Cubasis... i think it should work.