Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Create a new Apple ID for her or use my Apple ID for her as well?

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic question, but it does relate to how best to use multiple iPhones with music apps!

I have an iPhone 6S plus 128 and an iPad Air II 128. My wife is using a Samsung Galaxy III and I just bought her an iPhone 6S 64. I am going to retire her Samsung Galaxy III and it seems I have two choices for setting up her iPhone 6S 64, but I’m not sure which one is best:

1 Create a new Apple ID for her
2 Use my Apple ID for her as well

I use my iPad Air II 128 exclusively for music apps, I use my iPhone 6S plus 128 for general use and music apps, and my wife will be using her iPhone 6S 64 for general use but might like to play around with the occasional music app.

Comments

• edited November 2018

Create a unique Apple ID for her. Then setup “family sharing” between your ID and hers. It will allow you to share music apps (provided the developer has allowed such sharing)

• edited November 2018

Give her a unique ID. Worth mentioning that Family sharing doesn’t allow sharing of iaps though.

• Yeah, IAPs are the one shortcoming but otherwise Family Sharing is awesome.

• You need to have separate IDs, otherwise your emails and messages etc will all get mixed up.

Family sharing works pretty well for sharing apps.

• @richardyot said:
    You need to have separate IDs, otherwise your emails and messages etc will all get mixed up.

Family sharing works pretty well for sharing apps.

You can have separate apple ID's but use the same ID for the store, then that doesn't happen and IAP are still shared across devices. I have an apple ID for message stuff, icloud, etc, but we all use my wife's ID for the store. I use my ID for my Mac app store purchases.

And yes, there has been a time or two in an argument that I wanted to walk out and the thought of losing all of my apps stopped me. :#
    Ok, maybe there were a few other reasons I stayed.... but I won't lie, i did think that a few times.

• edited November 2018

Thanks all for the crispy ideas, and it seems mrufino1 has the best thought patterns, inclusive of rationalizing staying with the Lovely Wife.

How exactly do I enable separate apple ID's but use the same ID for the Store? As things stand now my iPad and iPhone are fully enabled with my ID, which is the ID I use for iTunes and the Store. The iPhone S6 I just bought for my wife has no SIM card, it's unlocked, and my wife has never used any Apple products, nor has an Apple ID, Apple email, etc. In fact she is still using her Samsung Galaxy III and I hope to simply transfer the SIM in the nest few weeks.

• edited November 2018

@puppychumful said:
    Thanks all for the crispy ideas, and it seems mrufino1 has the best thought patterns, inclusive of rationalizing staying with the Lovely Wife.

How exactly do I enable separate apple ID's but use the same ID for the store? As things stand now my iPad and iPhone are fully enabled with my ID, which is the same one for I use for iTunes, and the iPhone S6 I just bought for my wife has no SIM card, it's unlocked and my wife has never used any Apple products or has any Apple ID or Apple email etc.

On the app store settings page, enter the apple ID you want to use.

And yikes, don't use that reason!! Ha!!!!

• edited November 2018

Am I right in assuming I must use my iPad or iPhone to access the app store settings page? I prefer to use my PC for data entry but it seems to be an iOS thing exclusively.

• I use one Apple ID for the AppStore for the whole household, this way we can all download apps and IAPs without paying twice. Then each of us have our own iCloud accounts for everything else.

• @puppychumful said:
    Am I right in assuming I must use my iPad or iPhone to access the app store settings page? I prefer to use my PC for data entry but it seems to be an iOS thing exclusively.

Yes, it's in the settings app. You can use the same ID on the iTunes store on pc/mac but you'd still have to enter it on iphone / ipad

• edited December 2018

One more question if I may! I just bought my lovely wife a used iPad Air 2 128 (same as what I use) and unlike mine, the front facing camera ** is not covered with (apparently) seamless glass that's continuous over the entire front.

With hers, the entire front of the iPad is covered with (apparently) seamless glass that's continuous over the entire front except for the front facing camera ** where there is a small round hole exposing the front facing camera **

** well I think it's the front facing camera, it's on the front, by the opposite edge to the home button.

I Googled like a mad Googler and I could find no instance of such a hole on an iPad and I have not had time to check it out and see if the front facing camera ** functions as it should. I am at a loss to explain it, except to say I did not notice it when I purchased it today, and the seller promised to take it back if unhappy (and I actually believe he would surprisingly enough).

• Could it be a glass screen protector? https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Protector-Anti-Scratch-Smudge-Resistant-Installation/dp/B00SF6VSVG
    Or a 3rd party-repaired glass?
    Got a pic?

• edited December 2018

I guess it could be a glass screen protector but I kind of doubt it because the height of the glass is 100% identical to my my iPad Air 2 128, and surely a glass screen protector would increase the height of the glass?

As to a 3rd party replacement glass, I guess that's most likely; but why would a 3rd party replacement glass have a small round hole matching up with the front facing camera, instead of being continuous over the entire front like my iPad Air 2 128?

Also, isn't there a concern with having the front facing camera (and therefore the internals of the iPad itself) exposed in this fashion?

I kind of doubt a pic would provide enough detail to support any additional insight.

• Hopefully others more knowledgeable than I am will chime in on why there is a nice round hole in the glass over the front facing camera!

Hopefully...
    Hopefully...
    Hopefully...