Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New to Audiobus 3 had a newbie question

Hey all,

I've used Audiobus, Audiobus 2, and just purchased 3 last night. I'm familiar with the app but when I clicked input, I see "state" and "link" on some of the apps but I haven't been able to find info in the manual or online when I search. Can someone either post a link or a brief explanation? I'm running an iPad 3 (software version 9.3.5) and usually record into nanostudio but I also just purchased loopy. Are there any optimization tips for AB3?

Comments

• edited November 2018

Hello and welcome :)

State means that the app(s) support state saving , meaning that if you save the session in AB3 then next time you load it , the app(s) will restore their parameters :)
    Link means that the app supports Ableton Link sync method , which is way better than midi clock in iOS . The downside is you can’t start/stop all Linked apps at the same time ,unless they support Link v3 .
    I usually prefer IAAsync mode since it allows to start all apps at the exact time I press play ...

• Thank you so much! Appreciate you taking the time to explain