Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm interested in Syndt. Do you all use it much?

Seems unique. Is it? So curious what your feelings are after using it. I watched the Haq Attaq ep i sode, but still on the fence...

Comments

• More smarter folks will no doubt chime in. I have it, I admire it, but in the way of the quirky sister you'd never date.

• @gkillmaster said:
    Seems unique. Is it? So curious what your feelings are after using it. I watched the Haq Attaq ep i sode, but still on the fence...

Is it on sale?

• edited November 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@gkillmaster said:

Is it on sale?

yes. I believe its 40% off for desktop and IOS:
    https://klevgrand.se/products/?utm_source=Klevgränd+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d31436c2da-blackfriday_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_550bc972ed-d31436c2da-121379553&mc_cid=d31436c2da&mc_eid=5549e24bcc

• @gkillmaster said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@gkillmaster said:

Is it on sale?

https://klevgrand.se/products/?utm_source=Klevgränd+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d31436c2da-blackfriday_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_550bc972ed-d31436c2da-121379553&mc_cid=d31436c2da&mc_eid=5549e24bcc

Unfortunately not all of the iOS apps, looks like syndt is not on sale. It sounds good but I don’t own it.

• edited November 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@gkillmaster said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@gkillmaster said:

Is it on sale?

Unfortunately not all of the iOS apps, looks like syndt is not on sale. It sounds good but I don’t own it.

O! I see. Its says "selected" IOS apps... I'm actually thinking of getting it for desktop and its about $12 with the 40% + 20% discount.

• It’s got a clear sound that fits in well in mixes and is pretty easy to program. Nice pads...

• What's the cut down version like?
    Syndtsphere. Available bundled with Jussi for $12 in NZ.
    Has anyone tried Jussi? Looks interesting.

• @pauly said:
    What's the cut down version like?

The best thing about SyndtSphere is the sphere's (A,X,Y,Z) AU parameters can be smoothly morphed, which means a lot more than just 70 presets from Syndt, but it has no control over the amp envelope, filter, etc. The in-between sounds can be fun to find. It's decent for 'gentle' poly synth sounds, but it's based on a single sine-to-square oscillator like Syndt, so no huge soundscapes or pads, no aggressive basses or leads...it's soft and digital-sounding IMO, but doesn't get lost in a mix.

It's free on Mac/PC, so worth checking out to get a better idea about the sounds.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    More smarter folks will no doubt chime in. I have it, I admire it, but in the way of the quirky sister you'd never date.

Couldn‘t be described any better.

• @ocelot nailed it with 'gentle poly synth sounds'. There's not much to it (purposefully, but still) and it sounds ok. Klevgrand made a noticeable leap forward in quality between Syndt and its next release, Brusfri, and everything since has been top-notch.

• @pauly said:

Jussi is a synth that sounds like a male operatic/dramatic singer - maybe basso/tenor range, I guess. I really like it, others may hate it. I don’t care.

• @ALB said:

@pauly said:

Jussi is a synth that sounds like a male operatic/dramatic singer - maybe basso/tenor range, I guess. I really like it, others may hate it. I don’t care.

As I think I mentioned somewhere else, a thousand years ago I did a whole stage piece (usually in my living room) based around Captain Olaf the Drunken Swedish Sea Captain and I swear Jussi is based on him... :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ALB said:

@pauly said:

As I think I mentioned somewhere else, a thousand years ago I did a whole stage piece (usually in my living room) based around Captain Olaf the Drunken Swedish Sea Captain and I swear Jussi is based on him... :)

That sounds great and is an accurate description of the sound, I think. I was able to squeeze a mournful, sonically challenging 6 minute track out of Jussi. I think what I like about it is that it is so emotional and specific - it doesn’t fit everything, but fits some things perfectly.

• As I think I mentioned somewhere else, a thousand years ago I did a whole stage piece (usually in my living room) based around Captain Olaf the Drunken Swedish Sea Captain and I swear Jussi is based on him... :)

$11.99 for a drunken Swedish sailor. I'm going to have to think about this.

• @pauly said:

Jussi is good and takes some tweaking. For the most part I find the output thin and the vocalization not really along the lines of choral ooh or ahh etc.

I usually mix it in with other vocals to give a little punch in parts.