The Amazing AudioKit DIGITAL D1 Synthesizer

Just a video of some more of my favourite patches, amazing synth.

«1

Comments

  • Thanks Doug, we appreciate it! 🎉

  • @analog_matt Your very welcome, it’s a pleasure to play😊

  • I finally got it! Thanks Doug and Matt! Amazing sounding synth! Loving it bigtime!

  • @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I finally got it! Thanks Doug and Matt! Amazing sounding synth! Loving it bigtime

    So happy it lives up to expectations! Hope you can make some wonderful music with it!

  • edited November 2018

    @analog_matt hello there! Great synth and sounds!
    But for some reason it crashes really often for me, when it plays in background. Hosting it in AUM. IPad pro 12.9 1st gen.
    Tried to host in apematrix, crashes there too.
    ‘Background audio’ option is on.
    Also i have tried to turn on an ‘always on’ option, but button seems broken. I turn it on, press done. When i press settings button again, i see ‘always on’ is off.

  • @chalice Thanks for the heads up!

    Additionally, feel free to email directly anytime with bug reports ([email protected])

  • Thanks and will do!
    Gotta get my iPad fixed soon though. Hopefully the coming week will take it i for repair. I’m amazed I got it to still work all taped up :D

    But the amazing thing about D-1 is how awesome the presets are; rarely do I make so many favorites so fast !

    Can’t wait for AU. :)

    @analog_matt said:

    @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I finally got it! Thanks Doug and Matt! Amazing sounding synth! Loving it bigtime

    So happy it lives up to expectations! Hope you can make some wonderful music with it!

  • @MusicMan4Christ said:

    But the amazing thing about D-1 is how awesome the presets are; rarely do I make so many favorites so fast !

    I gave up on that, they are actually ALL good. No point in favoriting. :D

  • edited November 2018

    Nice demo!

    @analog_matt Hey, What’s the eta on MPE support for D1 and synth one? Btw, I for one would be happy to pay for MPE support that as IAP..

    Love your team’s work!

  • edited November 2018

    @ohwell said:
    @analog_matt Hey, What’s the eta on MPE support for D1 and synth one?

    MPE support is something we definitely want to add to both Synth One & D1, all while making it easier for all developers to add MPE support to their apps. In the past couple of weeks, we've met with both ROLI and Roger Linn (MPE Linnstrument). So, it is a priority.

    We have a busy few months ahead of us, with AUv3 support, and improving MIDI input for AudioKit apps. We're working on improving the apps everyday. All we ask is that everyone is patient. We're in it for the marathon, and want D1 and Synth One to be awesome apps for years to come!

  • @analog_matt Thanks for the info. S1 and D1 are offering soooo much already that we won’t be waiting on empty stomachs! ;)

  • Am I the only one who has problems with the D1? It is a really cool Synth, but I've got hangs and stuff. The other day I was floating away with some nice ambient sounds and suddenly the D1 crashed and produced the loudest and ugliest sound I have ever heard. I still had goose bumps five minutes later. I certainly would not want this to happen in a live performance. I even have fears now to use it at all or loud or with headphones. Never had somethig like this with any hard or softsynth.

  • @Doc_T said:
    Am I the only one who has problems with the D1? It is a really cool Synth, but I've got hangs and stuff. The other day I was floating away with some nice ambient sounds and suddenly the D1 crashed and produced the loudest and ugliest sound I have ever heard. I still had goose bumps five minutes later. I certainly would not want this to happen in a live performance. I even have fears now to use it at all or loud or with headphones. Never had somethig like this with any hard or softsynth.

    So sorry but the goose bumps 5 minutes later truly cracked me up

  • edited May 6

    @realdawei said:

    @Doc_T said:
    Am I the only one who has problems with the D1? It is a really cool Synth, but I've got hangs and stuff. The other day I was floating away with some nice ambient sounds and suddenly the D1 crashed and produced the loudest and ugliest sound I have ever heard. I still had goose bumps five minutes later. I certainly would not want this to happen in a live performance. I even have fears now to use it at all or loud or with headphones. Never had somethig like this with any hard or softsynth.

    So sorry but the goose bumps 5 minutes later truly cracked me up

    Wonder if anyone ever took a software/hardware company to court for hearing damage after something like this?

  • @Doc_T said:
    suddenly the D1 crashed and produced the loudest and ugliest sound I have ever heard.

    We're hoping to push a fix for that this week. It's not only affecting D1, but, all apps in the App Store using the AudioKit open-source Flanger code.

  • edited May 6

    @analog_matt said:

    @Doc_T said:
    suddenly the D1 crashed and produced the loudest and ugliest sound I have ever heard.

    We're hoping to push a fix for that this week. It's not only affecting D1, but, all apps in the App Store using the AudioKit open-source Flanger code.

    Some kind of warning would have been nice if it’s a current known issue. Ears are pretty fragile :/

  • edited May 6

    @EyeOhEss said:

    @analog_matt said:

    @Doc_T said:
    suddenly the D1 crashed and produced the loudest and ugliest sound I have ever heard.

    We're hoping to push a fix for that this week. It's not only affecting D1, but, all apps in the App Store using the AudioKit open-source Flanger code.

    Some kind of warning would have been nice if it’s a current known issue. Ears are pretty fragile :/

    Agreed. It's something we found out about this weekend. Can't tell you which apps in the app store are currently being affected. It could be hundreds of apps. Many app developers don't even tell us they are using our code (for example, we found out through other people that this app uses AudioKit code: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chameleon-auv3-sampler-plugin/id1456474953)

    So, I really can't even warn people on here what apps to avoid... Maybe any app in the app store with a flanger might be worth avoiding

  • We're testing a fix in the AudioKit code as I type this. It's up to individual app developers to update their apps...

  • Don't want to panic anyone about this, it seems to be a fairly rare issue – We've only heard a few bug reports out of millions of potential users. (I tried playing several apps for a 3-4 hours today including D1, and couldn't even reproduce). That being said, a contributor with a PhD in Computer Science is tracking down the issue in the core AudioKit code now.

  • @Doc_T said:
    D1 crashed and produced the loudest and ugliest sound I have ever heard

    @Doc_T Sorry you had to go through that. The next time AudioKit Pro releases an app you want, please send me an email: [email protected] and, I'll send you a free promo code as an apology for you having that experience. 🙏

  • @analog_matt said:

    @Doc_T said:
    D1 crashed and produced the loudest and ugliest sound I have ever heard

    @Doc_T Sorry you had to go through that. The next time AudioKit Pro releases an app you want, please send me an email: [email protected] and, I'll send you a free promo code as an apology for you having that experience. 🙏

    Nice touch :) Hope you can trace the issue :)

  • @EyeOhEss regarding the hearing damage, I have to speak in defense of @analog_matt here -- the sound pressure levels that can be created in headphones by the on-board headphone amplifiers in iOS devices are probably not enough to cause permanent hearing damage, especially if it's only for seconds as in the scenario outlined above.

    The goosebumps are a psychological reaction (shock), and if anything is unhealthy, it's the shock of suddenly hearing a striking and terrible noise while "floating away" ;) that triggers the million year old fight-or-flight pathways in our reptile brains :)

  • @SevenSystems said:
    @EyeOhEss regarding the hearing damage, I have to speak in defense of @analog_matt here -- the sound pressure levels that can be created in headphones by the on-board headphone amplifiers in iOS devices are probably not enough to cause permanent hearing damage, especially if it's only for seconds as in the scenario outlined above.

    The goosebumps are a psychological reaction (shock), and if anything is unhealthy, it's the shock of suddenly hearing a striking and terrible noise while "floating away" ;) that triggers the million year old fight-or-flight pathways in our reptile brains :)

    People might have iPad plugged in to a louder interface then headphones or speakers tho ;) Reading things like this just scares me. Damaged ears (or speakers) is no fun ;)

  • edited May 7

    Happened to me a couple years ago while beta testing an AUv3 instrument, I don’t even recall which instrument it was and the memory of the experience was totally repressed until now 🤯

  • edited May 7

    @EyeOhEss said:

    @SevenSystems said:
    @EyeOhEss regarding the hearing damage, I have to speak in defense of @analog_matt here -- the sound pressure levels that can be created in headphones by the on-board headphone amplifiers in iOS devices are probably not enough to cause permanent hearing damage, especially if it's only for seconds as in the scenario outlined above.

    The goosebumps are a psychological reaction (shock), and if anything is unhealthy, it's the shock of suddenly hearing a striking and terrible noise while "floating away" ;) that triggers the million year old fight-or-flight pathways in our reptile brains :)

    People might have iPad plugged in to a louder interface then headphones or speakers tho ;) Reading things like this just scares me. Damaged ears (or speakers) is no fun ;)

    Of course... but as soon as you connect anything that contains an amplifier, I doubt it's still the liability of the manufacturer of the source device.

    Apart from that: Nobody should EVER connect ANYTHING remotely expensive (or dangerous) directly to a digital consumer device. It's just disaster waiting to happen.

    For example, when I still had the studio, the last item in the chain before expensive studio monitors always was a very high quality limiter (in my case mostly the TC Finalizer). It's digital, but manufactured to high standards and well tested -- something you just can't say of most iOS apps or indeed iOS itself.

  • Update:

    • This has been fixed and pushed to the App Store review for D1 (v 1.0.7.1)
    • Plus, This has been fixed and pushed to the Develop branch of AudioKit on Github

    Thanks for the heads up. 🙏

  • So is anyone beta testing the next update , which is rumored to be updated to be an Audio Unit? I really want to buy this right now, but I know myself, and as good as it sounds, it’s going to fall into my great synths that I don’t really use category. I really hope auv3 is coming sooner rather than 10 months from now🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

  • edited June 5

    @Strizbiz said:
    I really hope auv3 is coming sooner rather than 10 months from now🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

    AUv3 will be out this month.

    Plus, we'll still have the app at $9.99 the rest of the month. So, you can wait until it's AU if it makes you more comfortable. 👍

  • H> @analog_matt said:

    @Strizbiz said:
    I really hope auv3 is coming sooner rather than 10 months from now🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

    AUv3 will be out this month.

    Plus, we'll still have the app at $9.99 the rest of the month. So, you can wait until it's AU if it makes you more comfortable. 👍

    Bought it 15 mins ago and loving it, can’t wait till auv3 hits, this is gonna be all over my tracks👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😁

Sign In or Register to comment.