Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

It’s Thanksgiving 2019: Which DAW turned out to be the champ, NS2 or Stagelight?

I wonder when all is said and done a year from now , which of these two will in fact have turned out to be our “One Stop Solution”?

Comments

• edited November 2018

NS2 but then in 2022 Logic Pro XI for iOS beat them all! :)

• It’s all ones and zeros in the end... so wichever one ends up working the best for your particular workflow/style is probably the one you’ll use the most. That’s my plan, anyway.

• edited November 2018

Will there be a iPhone Version of ns2?

• @mistkerl said:
    Will there be a iPhone Version of ns2?

Yes, but not right away.

• As long as the DAW is something I can use that does not get it my way with glitches, serious issues, limitations and/or catastrophic failures at every turn I’ll use it. Right this second I’m using one particular DAW app, but that could change quickly if something (personally) better comes along or if they or apple break it in an update.

• edited November 2018

Cubasis 3.

• @PhilW said:
    Cubasis 3.

Cubasis will never be allowed to cannibalize Cubase . Same w GB... With Stagelight, ns2, Auria Oro, there’s no imposed ceiling.

• @Telstar5 said:

@PhilW said:
    Cubasis 3.

Cubasis will never be allowed to cannibalize Cubase . Same w GB... With Stagelight, ns2, Auria Oro, there’s no imposed ceiling.

Cubasis has a large way to go to be anywhere close to Cubase, so it could technically still advance more than the other iOS DAWs without said cannibalism of Cubase. Will it? Who knows :D

• I’ve already chosen NS2 over SL. I used both SL and NS1 a number of times recently. Based on that experience especially regarding workflow and the new capabilities of NS2 there is no question in my mind. It’s not a matter of whether or not I can create what I want because I can do that with any number of apps. It’s all about how my brain interacts with the app and, for me, the Blip product does it.

• @anickt said:
    I’ve already chosen NS2 over SL. I used both SL and NS1 a number of times recently. Based on that experience especially regarding workflow and the new capabilities of NS2 there is no question in my mind. It’s not a matter of whether or not I can create what I want because I can do that with any number of apps. It’s all about how my brain interacts with the app and, for me, the Blip product does it.

Excellent response. I might consider NS2 if it were here in complete but it won’t be until it leaves June 2019. So I have to go with what I have which is stage light. Which I think is more open and potential platform.. also I love the idea of an app massive sound Labory

• Ableton iLive LOL :D

• @PhilW said:
    Cubasis 3.

+1

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Telstar5 said:

@PhilW said:
    Cubasis 3.

Cubasis has a large way to go to be anywhere close to Cubase, so it could technically still advance more than the other iOS DAWs without said cannibalism of Cubase. Will it? Who knows :D

Agree. Both Cubase and Cubasis have their unique places and specific uses.

Apple would not promote iPads (by creating a new category) if they were concerned about cannibalizing MacBooks.

• @Samu said:
    Ableton iLive LOL :D

“Korg AudioBusasis NanoMaker 4” developed by the audiobus forum members featuring every chame changer feature ever invented, AU3, lifetime free updates and sample packs...universal

With Korg AudioBusasis NanoMaker4 you are The Champ now

• Audio Evolution

• It’s gonna be BM3 (prepares to dodge the tomatoes)

• IIRC, StageLight requires a login, so is bound to the whim of its developer.
    I'm not using such software, not even testing it.

• edited November 2018

Very unlikely NS2 gets audio tracks in 2019. I think Steinberg will step things up..as 2019 will be the year of pro software for iPad. Adobe has foreshadowed this.

GarageBand will get another 2MB soundpack

• Im not sold on stagelight, not that its bad or anything at all...just kinda not in my want to sign in and etc...i might buy the iap Christmas time and check it out more but so far im not into it much

• @realdawei said:
    Very unlikely NS2 gets audio tracks in 2019. I think Steinberg will step things up..as 2019 will be the year of pro software for iPad. Adobe has foreshadowed this.

GarageBand will get another 2MB

@realdawei : Matt , from blip said audio would drop approximately June 2019.. so who knows?
    Is the 2mb for GarageBand just a prediction or do you know for a fact that’s coming? That’d be great but it still wouldn’t convince me not go w SL.
    Love those Pete Johns GB tutorials though!

• edited November 2018

@Telstar5 said:

@realdawei said:

GarageBand will get another 2MB

@realdawei : Matt , from blip said audio would drop approximately June 2019.. so who knows?

Any release prediction past 2 weeks is usually a crapshoot :). So 6 months out seems really speculative to me 😂 and given NS history... we are probably looking at 2020

Is the 2mb for GarageBand just a prediction or do you know for a fact that’s coming?

I was being a bit sarcastic here. I would want much more than a 2Mb soundpack. But core GB hasn’t evolved much recently

That’d be great but it still wouldn’t convince me not go w SL.

SL has enchanted me as well, The couple things I want to see added to it have been enthusiastically acknowledged by the developer. I’m using it more and more

Love those Pete Johns GB tutorials though!

Yes very good!

• Which DAW November 2019, the one that came out in October 2019 and everybody hypes until their fingers fall off from typing, which they used for twenty minutes, made some ambient noise and a drone that played for another twenty minutes, then went back on to some forum somewhere to tell everybody how perfect the workflow was, for another twenty threads, until a different DAW got announced in December 2019, at which point, the fingers had been repaired and the hypey typey begins again.

Why are IOS apps so cheap?
    Because nobody wants to use them, they just want to buy them.

• I’ll ya what though. When ya go for that “Stagepass” thing whole hog on SL, you get new free packs each month.. Anywhere from two to four so you can have something new and shiny without having to switch apps.

• @Turntablist said:
    Which DAW November 2019, the one that came out in October 2019 and everybody hypes until their fingers fall off from typing, which they used for twenty minutes, made some ambient noise and a drone that played for another twenty minutes, then went back on to some forum somewhere to tell everybody how perfect the workflow was, for another twenty threads, until a different DAW got announced in December 2019, at which point, the fingers had been repaired and the hypey typey begins again.

Jeez the truth hurts

• @MobileMusic said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Telstar5 said:

@PhilW said:
    Cubasis 3.

Apple would not promote iPads (by creating a new category) if they were concerned about cannibalizing MacBooks.

I dunno, before the iphone the iPod was probably Apples biggest seller they must have known that eventually iphone would cannibalize that to death.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Telstar5 said:

@PhilW said:
    Cubasis 3.

I dunno, before the iphone the iPod was probably Apples biggest seller they must have known that eventually iphone would cannibalize that to death.

The market for music changed, so the iPod has become less important to their current way of making money. If the same happens to the iPad or Mac range or whatever, Apple will ditch whatever and move to where they perceive the most money is. Shame really as I loved the ipod.

I think with iPad and Macs, Apple are just making sure they have horses in each race ready for when things do change. One thing is for sure that over time things change. Apple just want to make sure they continue to make more money. This tends to water down real innovation in some ways. But hey, I could be dead soon, so will just use what I can and what I can afford. The rest is for the kids to help mould or be moulded by....

• edited November 2018

@Turntablist said:
    Which DAW November 2019, the one that came out in October 2019 and everybody hypes until their fingers fall off from typing, which they used for twenty minutes, made some ambient noise and a drone that played for another twenty minutes, then went back on to some forum somewhere to tell everybody how perfect the workflow was, for another twenty threads, until a different DAW got announced in December 2019, at which point, the fingers had been repaired and the hypey typey begins again.

:o
    :D :D :D :D
    So very true !

My DAW of choice for the last 20 + years has been Cubase on PC and now Cubasis on iOS .... I see no reason for that to change anytime in the near (or distant) future !

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    It’s gonna be BM3 (prepares to dodge the tomatoes)

I think people slowly move on. It's good to see new approaches, and hopefully bm3 will benefit from competition, it sure has the potential.

• edited November 2018

To me NS2 will be a Digital Music Workstation and not a Digital Audio Workstation and Stagelight just barely registers on the Gusometer, which is a little grumpy this morning.