Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Small midi keys. Recommendations?

I’m after a small midi keys for limited desk space and travel. 25 should do looking at Keith McMillan K Board or something similar. Would people recommend it yes, no ? Any suggestions welcome.

The doesn’t see to be much choice at that end of the market for a small profile.

Comments

• edited November 2018

Would an Arturia Keystep be too big?
    It's neither the smallest nor the lightest of the bunch but the most enjoyable to play "limited desk space keyboards" I've tried.

If it has to be much smaller: Have you played on a Korg Nanokey 2 yet?
    I would definitely compare the McMillen rubber keys with the Nano-keys, they feel quite different (rubber keys vs plastic keys with some mechanical travel).

• Novation Launchkey Mini
    Small but enough knobs, pads & buttons to have fun with.

• ROLI Seaboard Block?

• edited November 2018

I was in the same boat!
    For traveling I prefer a light unit and a small footprint.

I don’t like the minikeys from the Akai and Novations, the best key feeling I have with the Arturia Minilab MK II but this is Keyboard is quite heavy. To much for traveling but good for use at home.

For traveling I prefer and own the Korg Mikrokey Studio, the XKey Air and the ROLI Seaboard. They are all great!

All of them I can use wireless! 😊

• edited November 2018

CME Xkey, the only lightweight keyboard that can send aftertouch midi messages

• @RockBottom said:
    CME Xkey, the only lightweight keyboard that can send aftertouch midi messages

The Keith McMillen can have key pressure and key up/down tilt mapped to separate MIDI CC so that's probably an even more powerful feature.

• Nanokey2 is very small and being a pianist I was surprised by how fun it is to play. Maybe too small for your home use. Regarding the arturia Keystep, I had to return it due to the keyboard causing my hands to hurt. There is not enough give on the keys for prolonged use IMHO. CME look excellent and full sized.

• Thanks people for all the ideas, I got a Keystep already but it’s slightly to long to get in a normal sized rucksack so was after a smaller footprint. Have been considering the M Audio Keystation 32 Mk 2 or 3 also as they seem a good price.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Thanks people for all the ideas, I got a Keystep already but it’s slightly to long to get in a normal sized rucksack so was after a smaller footprint. Have been considering the M Audio Keystation 32 Mk 2 or 3 also as they seem a good price.

Mod and PitchBend knobs like on the Odyssey?
    Looks fun! :smiley:

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Thanks people for all the ideas, I got a Keystep already but it’s slightly to long to get in a normal sized rucksack so was after a smaller footprint. Have been considering the M Audio Keystation 32 Mk 2 or 3 also as they seem a good price.

I’ve got an M Audio Keystation 32 as my sole midi keyboard, it’s lightweight, cheap, and surprisingly playable. If you have any questions give me a shout.