Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Assistance With Midi Things That Should Be Easy

So...

I feel a bit daft asking for help on something that seems like it should be obvious but I'm at wits end right now.

Egoist has an option to send midi so that you can use something other than their built in bass synth and I wanted to try sending it somewhere else so that I could use that delicious randomize button and have some fun. But! Why the hell can't I get it set up right?

I don't have a lot of experience using AUM but it seems like it SHOULD BE pretty straightforward. I place Egoist MIDI FX (Bass) on one channel and set it as a MIDI source on Model 15 AU on another channel. The little blue checkmark is there so I feel pretty good about that part being set up correctly. But! When I hit play in Egoist I get no sound from Model 15.

I have checked the Midi Route in the AUM settings and the matrix has an arrow going from where I want it to where I want it...

What the heck am I doing wrong? I even picked up ApeMatrix just now on sale to see if I could get it going there but I'm having the same issue, so... help?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

Try with another app. I couldn’t get it to work with Model D either, but other apps work OK. You might have to adjust the scale root in Egoist. It defaulted too low to work with some apps.

[edit] weird. It’s working with Model D now. I had Forgotten to kill Electribe Wave from when I was running it earlier. When I killed it Egoist > Model D started working. Try killing all other background apps, and a reboot if you need to, to see if that helps.

• Yeah, I was hoping that updating to OS 12 would maybe somehow resolve things, but no luck.

So far I still can't get it to work in either apematrix or AUM. I just figured there was something I did not correctly route but I can't figure out what...

• @Gordon_G_Gordon said:
    Yeah, I was hoping that updating to OS 12 would maybe somehow resolve things, but no luck.

So far I still can't get it to work in either apematrix or AUM. I just figured there was something I did not correctly route but I can't figure out what...

Post a screenshot of the routing grid in AUM.

• edited November 2018

Don’t have egoist, but does theAUv3 require the host transport to be running? I.e does setting AUM to play make any difference?