Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChillScape! Sonic Meditation New App!

From the creators of the awesome KRFT app!!

ChillScape- Sonic Meditation

Get it launch special price for .99 cents amazing!

ChillScape - Sonic Meditation by Studio Amplify https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chillscape-sonic-meditation/id1441147066?mt=8

Jonah Fox
Jonah FoxMAKER
@weepy · Studio Amplify
Hiya - we're brothers Alex and Jonah and we made ChillScape together. We made it because we both tried meditation apps, but found the voice lead stuff distracting and hard to get into. We started the project by looking into cognitive psychology research about the types of sound and music that reduce stress and provide a sense of "flow".
We built the generative sound engine around these principles. In particular:

• Low tones, white noise and "organic" sound effects echo those found in the womb. * The soft "heat-beat" starts at 60 beats per minute and slows to 50. A phenomenon called "entrainment" means that the body will try to match this.

• The background sound is always different and slowly evolves over the course of each session.
  • The melodies are algorithmically created to be fragmented and unpredictable. This prevents the mind trying to predict what's coming next. Meditation is about emotionally connecting with "now" and we felt that sound was a powerful way to give users a point of focus. We also added a bubble popping interaction to keep you engaged and give a sense of dissipating energy.

Overall we're really happy how it turned out and some of the use cases have really surprised us. Some users have been using it to help with falling asleep and others are using on their train rides. Our dad has been using it as a warmup step before a “normal” meditation session. Look forward to your thoughts and ideas!

Comments

• @[Deleted User] said:

ChillScape - Sonic Meditation by Studio Amplify https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chillscape-sonic-meditation/id1441147066?mt=8

Jonah Fox
    Jonah FoxMAKER
    @weepy · Studio Amplify
    Hiya - we're brothers Alex and Jonah and we made ChillScape together. We made it because we both tried meditation apps, but found the voice lead stuff distracting and hard to get into. We started the project by looking into cognitive psychology research about the types of sound and music that reduce stress and provide a sense of "flow".

• Low tones, white noise and "organic" sound effects echo those found in the womb. * The soft "heat-beat" starts at 60 beats per minute and slows to 50. A phenomenon called "entrainment" means that the body will try to match this.

• The background sound is always different and slowly evolves over the course of each session.
    • The melodies are algorithmically created to be fragmented and unpredictable. This prevents the mind trying to predict what's coming next. Meditation is about emotionally connecting with "now" and we felt that sound was a powerful way to give users a point of focus. We also added a bubble popping interaction to keep you engaged and give a sense of dissipating energy.

Overall we're really happy how it turned out and some of the use cases have really surprised us. Some users have been using it to help with falling asleep and others are using on their train rides. Our dad has been using it as a warmup step before a “normal” meditation session. Look forward to your thoughts and ideas!

I'm searching for tools for sound design for meditation, and came across this, but sadly not available in the app store, at least, not here in the UK today. It sounds great! Is there anything out there that might take it's place today?

• edited January 2023

From their webite:
    " How it works - Each chill session starts with low pitched tones, similar to those experienced in the womb. As you pop bubbles melodies play and the soundscape evolves.

Layers of sound are gradually introduced – with frequencies known to stimulate calm and create feelings of euphoria.

Underneath the music there is a soft ‘pulse’ that gradually slows from 60 to 50 beats per minute through the session.

Due to a phenomenon called “entrainment” your breath and body will naturally try to follow this rhythm, consequently reducing your heart rate and blood pressure. "

An app that reduces your heart rate and blood pressure... interesting claim.

As they say in the musicals, "That's Entrainment!".

• @andowrites said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Jonah Fox
    Jonah FoxMAKER
    @weepy · Studio Amplify

I'm searching for tools for sound design for meditation, and came across this, but sadly not available in the app store, at least, not here in the UK today. It sounds great! Is there anything out there that might take it's place today?

Wotja, maybe moodscaper

• @Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Jonah Fox
    Jonah FoxMAKER
    @weepy · Studio Amplify

Wotja, maybe moodscaper

Thanks Gavinski. I have and love Wotja. But it always feels a bit of a rabbit hole when I'm using it! But it's good to have you point me back to it. It's an app I use, and then forget about, then discover again, then use. Why does Wotja always feel like cheating? I know it's not, and I know it's got such depths to it too, but still…

• I don't really know how to use Wotja on any deep level - I usually just let it generate something and pick one I like!

@andowrites said:

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Jonah Fox
    Jonah FoxMAKER
    @weepy · Studio Amplify

Wotja, maybe moodscaper

Thanks Gavinski. I have and love Wotja. But it always feels a bit of a rabbit hole when I'm using it! But it's good to have you point me back to it. It's an app I use, and then forget about, then discover again, then use. Why does Wotja always feel like cheating? I know it's not, and I know it's got such depths to it too, but still…

• @Gavinski said:
    I don't really know how to use Wotja on any deep level - I usually just let it generate something and pick one I like!

@andowrites said:

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Jonah Fox
    Jonah FoxMAKER
    @weepy · Studio Amplify

Wotja, maybe moodscaper

Sounds good to me. Wotja is capable of so many ambient sounds.

When I use it, I either start with a particular type of template, drone, for example, and then take sounds out, before tweaking or adding sounds in. I enjoy the explorations, for sure. I could just run Wotja and be done for this purpose, but I have a need to enjoy the creation process too!

• edited January 2023

Chillscape review: https://www.tapsmart.com/apps/review-chillscape-sound-based-meditation/

Anyone been able to download this app or even get to the app's page on the apps store?

I am having trouble finding this app on the app store on my iPad & Mac and it is making my heart rate and blood pressure go through the roof.

• @Simon said:
    Chillscape review: https://www.tapsmart.com/apps/review-chillscape-sound-based-meditation/

Anyone been able to download this app or even get to the app's page on the apps store?

I am having trouble finding this app on the app store on my iPad & Mac and it is making my heart rate and blood pressure go through the roof.

I fear that it has been removed completely. I had it in my purchased apps, but I can no longer download it.
    The developers pulled the same thing with KRFT and another earlier app.

• @andowrites said:

@Gavinski said:
    I don't really know how to use Wotja on any deep level - I usually just let it generate something and pick one I like!

@andowrites said:

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Jonah Fox
    Jonah FoxMAKER
    @weepy · Studio Amplify

Wotja, maybe moodscaper

Sounds good to me. Wotja is capable of so many ambient sounds.

When I use it, I either start with a particular type of template, drone, for example, and then take sounds out, before tweaking or adding sounds in. I enjoy the explorations, for sure. I could just run Wotja and be done for this purpose, but I have a need to enjoy the creation process too!

I really need to dive deep into Wotja myself, lol. Honestly, it's one of the only music creation apps I can justify paying a monthly subscription for since the duo are always updating it with new and exciting features! Not even sure where to begin. 🤪

• @jwmmakerofmusic its a really complex app for sure. What helped me was just working with one cell at first and exploring what that does when I make changes. Its still pretty over my head but doing the one cell at first helped make it a lot less overwhelming and now I’m a lot more comfortable working with it

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic its a really complex app for sure. What helped me was just working with one cell at first and exploring what that does when I make changes. Its still pretty over my head but doing the one cell at first helped make it a lot less overwhelming and now I’m a lot more comfortable working with it

Ah, that makes sense just to start with one cell! It's my habit to often go "all in" rather than "one step at a time", lol.