Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta in auria pro videos/tutorials?

Haven’t tried in a while but last time it didn’t work for me and i went back to aum for jams or gadget for song building. However i do love auria and most of my stuff ends up there. Would love to host my jams right there and just record without exporting/importing, doubling files etc.

Anybody get this going ?

Comments

• Still doesn’t work. Well, you can send one note at a time (so, no snare and kick on the same beat). I can explain how if it’s worth it to you. Otherwise, I imagine it’ll get sorted some time.

• @wim said:
    Still doesn’t work. Well, you can send one note at a time (so, no snare and kick on the same beat). I can explain how if it’s worth it to you. Otherwise, I imagine it’ll get sorted some time.

Hey sure, i would have those in seperate channels anyways. I can have say 5 rozeta xox’s on 5 channels though, right? I guess chords in cells wouldn’t work either then?

• That would work for one note per beat, so chords in cells wouldn’t work, but Rozeta, driving just the kick, or even multiple pads, as long as there are no overlapping beats, would work. Bassline should work too.

1. Add an audio track, and add the app you want to drive with Rozeta (ex: Ruismaker) as an effect.
    2. Important: Arm the audio track
    3. Add a midi track and add the Rozeta plugin that you want to use.
    4. Touch the FX button on the Rozeta track and select the midi output to the Track / plugin that you want to play.
  • @wim said:
    That would work for one note per beat, so chords in cells wouldn’t work, but Rozeta, driving just the kick, or even multiple pads, as long as there are no overlapping beats, would work. Bassline should work too.

1. Add an audio track, and add the app you want to drive with Rozeta (ex: Ruismaker) as an effect.
    2. Important: Arm the audio track
    3. Add a midi track and add the Rozeta plugin that you want to use.
    4. Touch the FX button on the Rozeta track and select the midi output to the Track / plugin that you want to play.

Thanks man. Will try it tonight

• @wim, ok so tried it out (thanks because it's pretty unintuitive). works fine for one instrument but if i try two (say rozeta bassline triggering a bass synth and rozeta xox triggering a kick in say ruismaker fm) i get both synths getting both signals. i can supposedly choose the channel to send to in the drop down in the midi channel, where it clearly shows ruismaker fm on track 4, etc, but i don't see anywhere to specify midi receive channel on the au placed in the audio channel. so it responds to all and i have both synths getting all midi notes. am i missing something or is this as far as we currently are. if so it is currently unusable for programming for me, at least i can bring gadget in as as iaa or a bounce and add one instrument at a time, but i really want to build a full blown jam with multiple au's (like i do in AUM, but with my fabfilters etc) and then record when i'm ready.

• @vpich said:
    @wim, ok so tried it out (thanks because it's pretty unintuitive). works fine for one instrument but if i try two (say rozeta bassline triggering a bass synth and rozeta xox triggering a kick in say ruismaker fm) i get both synths getting both signals. i can supposedly choose the channel to send to in the drop down in the midi channel, where it clearly shows ruismaker fm on track 4, etc, but i don't see anywhere to specify midi receive channel on the au placed in the audio channel. so it responds to all and i have both synths getting all midi notes. am i missing something or is this as far as we currently are. if so it is currently unusable for programming for me, at least i can bring gadget in as as iaa or a bounce and add one instrument at a time, but i really want to build a full blown jam with multiple au's (like i do in AUM, but with my fabfilters etc) and then record when i'm ready.

You’re right. I hadn’t tested with more than one plugin. That’s too bad.

If you arm the XOX and Bassline tracks and record their midi output then you will be able to play back both polyphonically with no problems.

Personally I can’t be bothered. I’m not using AUv3 midi in Auria Pro until it works as it should.

• @wim said:

@vpich said:
    @wim, ok so tried it out (thanks because it's pretty unintuitive). works fine for one instrument but if i try two (say rozeta bassline triggering a bass synth and rozeta xox triggering a kick in say ruismaker fm) i get both synths getting both signals. i can supposedly choose the channel to send to in the drop down in the midi channel, where it clearly shows ruismaker fm on track 4, etc, but i don't see anywhere to specify midi receive channel on the au placed in the audio channel. so it responds to all and i have both synths getting all midi notes. am i missing something or is this as far as we currently are. if so it is currently unusable for programming for me, at least i can bring gadget in as as iaa or a bounce and add one instrument at a time, but i really want to build a full blown jam with multiple au's (like i do in AUM, but with my fabfilters etc) and then record when i'm ready.

If you arm the XOX and Bassline tracks and record their midi output then you will be able to play back both polyphonically with no problems.

Personally I can’t be bothered. I’m not using AUv3 midi in Auria Pro until it works as it should.

Yup. Tis a shame. Soon i hope. To be fair it is a joy to work in aum. Only thing i hate is not being able to make the tracks smaller and fit in more than 5. Wish it had some overview ..uhrm... view.

• @vpich said:

@wim said:

@vpich said:

Yup. Tis a shame. Soon i hope. To be fair it is a joy to work in aum. Only thing i hate is not being able to make the tracks smaller and fit in more than 5. Wish it had some overview ..uhrm... view.

Hadn't thought of that before but would be cool....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@vpich said:

@wim said:

@vpich said:

Hadn't thought of that before but would be cool....

Get an older iPad that can only handle five channels. Problem solved. B)

• A mini view would be great, I was using it ok on my 6s so theres lots of room to go smaller on an iPad.

• @1nsomniak said:
    A mini view would be great, I was using it ok on my 6s so theres lots of room to go smaller on an iPad.

Yeah on a phone i only use it to host seekbeats or noir or whatever and make loops. One channel per view is not condusive to anything else for me.

• My issue with the phone was those thin fader knobs not recognizing my finger tip, they don’t even need to be that skinny.