Using the effects slot of AB like a guitar pedal board?

I want to be able to use my guitar and amp, with the ipad and digital interface and AB in between, processing effects and functioning as a pedal board. Is it possible run my guitar through AB using only an app in the effects slot? It seems to me that when I tried this before it required me to use a guitar modeling app like Tonestack, Bias, and the like as the input source.

Comments

• edited November 20

Yes, you can:
    guitar -> interface -> CCK -> iPad -> interface -> amp (presuming you can use a line out from your interface to an input off your amp). In AB3 you can select your guitar (system Audio Input) as Audio Input, then put effect-app(s) in the Effect-slot(s) and choose your System Audio Output as Output, etc.

• You can do that and select Audio Input as your input and Audio Output for the Output slot in AB.
    What app are you thinking of using?

• thanks! And with v3.2 it's now possible to use my Behringer FCB1010 to change presets within AB3?

• I use AUM like a pedal board and it works like a charm. I have audio units set up such as chorus, delay, etc set up in my signal chain and can rearrange them however i need.

I do have it coming out of Tonestack first though. Why wouldnt you want to use tonestack? It sounds great. You can use a clean tone.

My audio interface does have a direct monitor button on it and I know I could run it through that way as well if I desired. Maybe the guitar settings in tonestack arent as good as the bass amps? (i primarily use it for bass)

• Do you right from the interface output to the input on the amp? When I do that it sounds like crap. Very thin and weak.

• @Coloobar said:
    thanks! And with v3.2 it's now possible to use my Behringer FCB1010 to change presets within AB3?

Not yet but I'm working on that right now; out soon.

• @Michael said:

@Coloobar said:
    thanks! And with v3.2 it's now possible to use my Behringer FCB1010 to change presets within AB3?

Not yet but I'm working on that right now; out soon.

Whoa, that'll be a game changer for us guitarists with pedalboards for sure.