Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KB-1 MIDI Keyboard from Kai Aras

Comments

• Works here. Check background audio and the midi channel. KB-1 defaults to MPE on new keyboards, so give it a nudge up to 1.

• edited November 2018

Will try to reboot, or reinstall, or format my hard drive and reinstall OS then. iOS music making reminds me of the 90s.
    Can’t stop progress they say.
    Or as I say often, fuck this shit, I’ll just grab my accoustic guitar.

• I could not get it to play a reasonable range of velocy, but that may be because I don't understand the 0,0 to 1,0 range.

• edited November 2018

@ka010 I think the multi row string or uniform layout looks nice, but I wish I could slide vertically across key boundaries without firing off a new note. Hexagonal would be cool, too. I guess what I think I want is smooth 2-dim movement in pitch...

• just bought this so I could have a look at what midi you output (my new app processes midi and I notice some people do midi note on/note off and others just do note on twice - once with 0 velocity - if there is a way to subvert a standard - people will find it ;-) ) anyway - started making music with it instead of debugging things - always a good sign - great app.

• edited December 2018

Still very happy for the KB-1 purchase! Really like this kind of apps, that help us with less talent with the real keyboard!

But, you always wants more ;-)
    I suppose that @ka010 have a lot of things on the to-do-list, but I wants a small adjustment of the Chord-layout...
    I like to have three rows with chord, with the two inversions together with the ground chord, but, the velocity can be a problem...
    I would like to have some dead zone between each row, because as it is now it’s a very sharp edge between full velocity on the lower row and low velocity on the above row...
    Attach pictures what I mean...

Below is what I would like to have:
    The second pic is how it’s looks today...

And, as @Samu have said earlier, it would be nice to have an settings that include max and minimum velocity...

• +1 for min/max velocity.

• +1 for the dead zones

• Really digging this app so far, great work

• edited December 2018

@pagefall the note-on-with-0-velocity trick is completely standard, btw. It was designed to permit more compact encoding. It's in the spec, and described in a number of places, e.g.,
    http://midi.teragonaudio.com/tech/midispec/noteon.htm

• What is the CC midi number for pitch swipes? I am trying to record them in xequence but to no avail. Thanks.

• @Norbert said:
    What is the CC midi number for pitch swipes? I am trying to record them in xequence but to no avail. Thanks.

Pitch Bend has its own MIDI message (not a CC), you can add it to a Xequence instrument by tapping a free controller slot and choosing "Pitch (P)".

• @mojozart said:
    @pagefall the note-on-with-0-velocity trick is completely standard, btw. It was designed to permit more compact encoding. It's in the spec, and described in a number of places, e.g.,
    http://midi.teragonaudio.com/tech/midispec/noteon.htm

Yeah. I found not everything is happy with both interestingly

• Yooooo doea anyone know if you can control the sequencer in spacecraft with this keyboard, or even multiple spacecrafts with one instance of kb1

• @reasOne in AUM you load kb1 and SC. Enable midi mode in SC. Then tap the midi routing option in AUM for the SC window to listen to kb1

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @reasOne in AUM you load kb1 and SC. Enable midi mode in SC. Then tap the midi routing option in AUM for the SC window to listen to kb1

Perfect!!!

• How is everyone feeling about KB-1 now that it’s been in the wild for awhile and AB3 opens up AU Midi recording anywhere?

• @WillieNegus said:
    How is everyone feeling about KB-1 now that it’s been in the wild for awhile and AB3 opens up AU Midi recording anywhere?

I like the app. As for hosts and their use of AU midi, I think it’s quite poor at this time. There are many more good uses that AU midi apps can be put to. For example being able to change out the hosts main keyboard / pads for alternative options. Maybe in time AU midi apps will command their rightful place in the food chain. As a guy that only uses the touch screen for input to my device, I wait for that time with excitement and just a little impatience :p

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@WillieNegus said:
    How is everyone feeling about KB-1 now that it’s been in the wild for awhile and AB3 opens up AU Midi recording anywhere?

I like the app. As for hosts and their use of AU midi, I think it’s quite poor at this time. There are many more good uses that AU midi apps can be put to. For example being able to change out the hosts main keyboard / pads for alternative options. Maybe in time AU midi apps will command their rightful place in the food chain. As a guy that only uses the touch screen for input to my device, I wait for that time with excitement and just a little impatience :p

Just made the buy. So far digging it. Who has time for learning chords and scales in 2018?lol. All this tech goodness requires tools that move tedious tasks and years of boring study out of the way so everyone can express themselves. Works like a charm with AB3 update. Special big UP to @Michael for his commitment to interoperability and innovation...doesn’t get nearly enough credit for being an iOS Jedi...perhaps he’s the Yoda or Obi of the bunch even. Force is strong with Kai also. Hope he adds 64 mpe drum pads with grid scale!

• I'm super happy with this! Was using it this weekend with KEW and it performed delightfully with no additional apps needed. I hate the Korg keyboards and KB-1 made playing it a real pleasure!

There are a couple of things I wish it had:
    1. A way in scales mode to select exactly which notes appear on the keyboard
    2. A rudimentary arpeggiator

I still think Animoog has the best keyboard of any synth app, so it's be awesome if there was a mode a bit more similar to that.

Otherwise, this app is absolutely fabulous!

• @oddSTAR said:
    I'm super happy with this! Was using it this weekend with KEW and it performed delightfully with no additional apps needed. I hate the Korg keyboards and KB-1 made playing it a real pleasure!

I still think Animoog has the best keyboard of any synth app, so it's be awesome if there was a mode a bit more similar to that.

Korg should do a keyboard AU!

• SoundPrism should as well. @michael are you connected with Audanika at all?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@oddSTAR said:
    I'm super happy with this! Was using it this weekend with KEW and it performed delightfully with no additional apps needed. I hate the Korg keyboards and KB-1 made playing it a real pleasure!

Korg should do AU, any AU, which would be a start, and probably very welcomed.

• @CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@oddSTAR said:

Damn, I thought Moog and typed Korg lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@oddSTAR said:

That would be awesome. Model-15 AU controllers, without having to load up the whole dang Model-15 just to access them. Great idea. :)

• @aaronpc said:
    SoundPrism should as well. @michael are you connected with Audanika at all?

Thanks for mentioning SoundPrism. That keyboard was so sick. Had some show stopping bugs at one point and I deleted it. Gotta revisit controlling other Synths with it. Be crazy to have a MPE version of SoundPrism!!!!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Here I thought you were just trolling me... :wink:

• @aaronpc said:
    SoundPrism should as well. @michael are you connected with Audanika at all?

I'm afraid the Audanika guys are doing other things now! Dunno if there's gonna be more

• @ka010 said:

@JonLewis said:
    @ka010 is there a rough ETD on the iPhone version? I'm dying over here.

Shouldn't be too long, maybe a week or two.

@ka010 - are you able to share any new info on the iPhone/universal version?