Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KB-1 MIDI Keyboard from Kai Aras

Comments

• Wow did not know I could rename thanks

• Hi @ka010, this may seem like an odd request, and feel free to ignore it. But an option to enable midi-through would be helpful. I’m thinking specifically of AudioBus, which defaults to having the lower part of the screen as a keyboard. With the GREAT cc controls layout, one could really make use of the AB keyboard in conjunction. It even makes sense in AUM as you can easily pop up the built-in keyboard for quick notes, and not have to worry about fiddling with window positions.

Thanks for the dials and pads! I really love this thing.

• @wim said:
    Hi @ka010, this may seem like an odd request, and feel free to ignore it. But an option to enable midi-through would be helpful. I’m thinking specifically of AudioBus, which defaults to having the lower part of the screen as a keyboard. With the GREAT cc controls layout, one could really make use of the AB keyboard in conjunction. It even makes sense in AUM as you can easily pop up the built-in keyboard for quick notes, and not have to worry about fiddling with window positions.

Thanks for the dials and pads! I really love this thing.

Sounds cool, I can definitely see that coming in handy!

• I love the note repeat feature!!! Great idea. Thanks!
    Really great update!!!

• edited March 2019

Big update, incredible app! I just love it. Thanks Kai.
    Edit-Fixed my typo.

• Is setting CC values for xypads working for anyone? It's not letting me save anything besides the default cc values: 12, 13, 14, 15.

@ka010 Can you take a look?

• @nondes said:
    Is setting CC values for xypads working for anyone? It's not letting me save anything besides the default cc values: 12, 13, 14, 15.

@ka010 Can you take a look?

Ah yes, sorry about that, it's fixed in the beta, I'm currently preparing a number of updates but I'm happy to send an invite, just let me know where to send it to.

• Thanks @ka010, will PM, that would be awesome.

• @nondes said:
    Thanks @ka010, will PM, that would be awesome.

Sure thing.

• Does anyone know where i can find the (up to 16) knobs for midi CC control?

• @ka010 said:

@nondes said:
    Thanks @ka010, will PM, that would be awesome.

Sure thing.

@ka010 , Can I ask some queries regarding KB1 directly to you, since I have ever received replies from email mentioned on website?

• @Crabman said:
    Does anyone know where i can find the (up to 16) knobs for midi CC control?

• Awesome,thanks.

I was a couple of time in this settings but managed to overlook it nonetheless...

brilliant app!

• I was using the two rows of chords layout yesterday, sending to DRC in AUM, with velocity sensitivity set to On. Noticed that sometimes a single note was heard instead of a chord ... it was almost reproducible, but not quite. Anyone experienced similar issues?

• And does it not support state saving as AU?When i reopen cubasis it loads with the default layout.

• @bleep said:
    I was using the two rows of chords layout yesterday, sending to DRC in AUM, with velocity sensitivity set to On. Noticed that sometimes a single note was heard instead of a chord ... it was almost reproducible, but not quite. Anyone experienced similar issues?

I was recording KB-1 chords into Flow this morning and for one of the chords I got the three notes "strummed" across several notes 1/64th apart (Flow was set to 1/8 and the chord spanned three parts in the sequencer).

• @Crabman said:
    And does it not support state saving as AU?When i reopen cubasis it loads with the default layout.

Yeah this is a problem, besides some other minor reloading bugs is why i currently cant trust KB-1 for my live rig.

• @Calverhall said:

@Crabman said:
    And does it not support state saving as AU?When i reopen cubasis it loads with the default layout.

Yeah this is a problem, besides some other minor reloading bugs is why i currently cant trust KB-1 for my live rig.

Thought I was losing my mind I guess not, same in AUM

• I’m having an issue where certain GUI elements, in particular the “Done” option, is disappearing from certain menus/dialogue boxes. I load a menu and there is no way to close it again because “Done’ has disappeared and I can’t tap it.

I sent an email with several screenshots to Numerical last week (and followed again tonight since I reproduced the bug several times in a row) but haven’t heard back. I’m also having the issue in Volt.

I am experiencing the issue when I use the AU versions in Cubasis.

Thanks in advance.

• @papertiger said:
    I’m having an issue where certain GUI elements, in particular the “Done” option, is disappearing from certain menus/dialogue boxes. I load a menu and there is no way to close it again because “Done’ has disappeared and I can’t tap it.

Same issue here.
    Email sent, but no reply.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @blakkaz said:

@papertiger said:
    I’m having an issue where certain GUI elements, in particular the “Done” option, is disappearing from certain menus/dialogue boxes. I load a menu and there is no way to close it again because “Done’ has disappeared and I can’t tap it.

Same issue here.
    Email sent, but no reply.

@StudioES said:
    @papertiger I had the same issue - deleting & reinstalling fixed it. That is until a new issue occured - When enabling any one of the expression buttons in the top-left, ALL are enabled. Earlier, dev asked me help him beta-test, but now he's unresponsive. No idea.

Thank you both for your responses. That’s disappointing to hear. I also asked whether I should be able to record MPE data (I.e. oodles of MIDI data) into a Cubasis MIDI track using KB-1. I couldn’t seem to get it to work today. Have either of you had any success?

The lack of response from Numerical is a bit concerning. I love the MPE implementation in Volt and I’m excited about the new synth they’re working on.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah, the issue with chord mode I mentioned further up on this page was never resolved. Seems to be rather buggy, these Numerical releases. Too bad with the lack of developer response lately.

• Is there a reason kb1 is not state saved as auv3?

• @bleep said:
    Yeah, the issue with chord mode I mentioned further up on this page was never resolved. Seems to be rather buggy, these Numerical releases. Too bad with the lack of developer response lately.

That’s a bummer. The apps are all really good and unique but yeah there aren’t a lot of updates on any of the issues

• The dev just had a baby, so I wouldn’t worry about him being a bit less responsive temporarily ;)

• Good to know @brambos congrats @ka010 🥳 👶. Looking fwd for updates!

• edited December 2019

Hi,
    @ka010 or anyone knows if it is of possible use in some extent with Roli Lightpad Blocks?
    Thanks

• Curious what the “press” button in kB-1 is for?