Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can't use text keyboard on ipad when external hardware is connected

Anyone else have this issue on ipad, always been an issue for me. If Ihave an external keyboard connected with the camera kit, anytime a text prompt appears the text keyboard stays docked and never pops up to use, it stays hidden. I have to unplug the external gear from the lightning port, then the keyboard will then up allowing me to enter text, then I plug the peripheral in again. Its been an issue for years for me with several ipads, and I wonder if this is something a dev can comment on, if its app based or a flaw in iOS thats never been addressed. In Cubasis it is impossible for me to name projects if external midi hardware is plugged in via lightning port.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

I don’t have an USB keyboard available to try, but can suggest making a small investment in a BlueTooth keyboard instead. Any cheap one off of Amazon should do. I have this one: http://a.co/d/9stnEwz, and love it. When I need to type, I just unfold it and can instantly go to work. It doesn’t conflict with my NanoKEY Studio at all. It’s cross-platform compatible (Win, Android, iOS), and is compatible with keyboard shortcuts for copy/cut/paste, switching apps, and bringing up the emoji keyboard (if you’re into that sort of thing). It goes weeks and weeks without a recharge. Worth every penny.

Plus it leaves your CCK Free to connect other stuff through the CCK.

• As far as I know connecting an external keyboard either via USB or BT overrides the on-screen keyboard for text input. I've never had any issues using external BT keyboard to type in text into text fields in apps including Cubasis, SunVox, Gadget etc. etc.

• edited November 2018

I had that issue at some point like a year go, I eventually figured out that one of the USB MIDI devices I was using emulated a keyboard USB device (typing keyboard, not musical/MIDI, that is). What devices do you have? Can you try isolating the issue by disconnecting them individually?

• Thanks for replies. I have an Akai MPK and M-audio keyboards (piano keyboards) and neither allow text input when plugged in, the text keyboard never appears. Oh well.