Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stroke Machine to be released tomorrow with AB support

Comments

• Not yet in spanish store.

• Bumping this up because I want to see more feedback on it. It is ugly, but how does it sound? How easy is it to use?

• Pretty easy to use, quite intuitive as main controls on one screen, freely assign lots of modulation to just about anything as well as recording automation to so yes, it sounds pretty damn good but is just a little bit buggy and no good through AB right now. Fix on the way!

• @Trueyorky - thanks. Any other time I'd of jumped right on this. I love Waldorf stuff and this might be a garish Attack for iOS, but I've spent a ton of money on apps lately. I'll think about this a little longer.

• Since I was lucky enough to get a promo for the excellent NXT...I should buy this! Right?

In all seriousness, I love groove boxes, and this would be getting two extensive ones if I do purchase this one. How do the synth sound? Can you make the thing growl for some dubstep type of track. Or is it more tame and basic kinda sounds (like, here's a sawtooth preset, and here's a fairy tingle bell sine preset thingy)? Drums samples/kits, same here, is it the usual 909/808/Linn or more fresh stuff (I gathered you could use the synth to make drum sounds?). And can you make it pump and thump lol ?

Render-audio copy paste out of the app options ?

Ok lots of questions...gonna scour the internets for more videos on this one

• It is to bad about all the glitchs with this and Electrify nxt. It seems that apple are not the only developers attempting to edge out users who have not updated to the latest thing! I can see why apple approves crap like this how ever, it is good for their sales..

• Aren't these types of grooveboxes supposed to produce glitching ?!?

• edited December 2013

@Tritonman2 said:

It is to bad about all the glitchs with this and Electrify nxt. It seems that apple are not the only developers attempting to edge out users who have not updated to the latest thing! I can see why apple approves crap like this how ever, it is good for their sales..

Progress is unavoidable if we didn't move forward we'd still be using 286 CPU's and our IPhones would be analog bricks.

• Multitouch is right, and its sad but true, and is true not just with apple, but with every product in the world, cars, phones, TV's, what it is nowadays is the speed technology upgrades, and company's will continue to do it because they want our money, they need us to upgrade to the next product.

• Are you saying I should upgrade my 286?? ;-)

• @funjunkie27 said:

Are you saying I should upgrade my 286?? ;-)

No, just get a newer Ipad. hehehe.

• Just got the mini retina a few weeks ago, and it dusts any 286!

• Video comparison please.

• I would, but my 8mm camcorder is glitching up again!

• funjunkie27
    Are you saying I should upgrade my 286?? ;-)

Not as long as it has a turbo button.

• edited December 2013

Ok I'm going through the presets/patterns, and I'm either getting some glitching/crackling thing playing or perhaps some drums but nothing from the synth parts (even tho I can see notes). Or some bleeping bloopping weird stuff. They don't exactly do a good job of selling this thing. This on an iPad Air.

I'd like to see bug fixes, cos this thing doesn't sound right or doesn't sound at all. More skins/themes for the UI (!). The sequencer is 4 bar with 16 beats per pattern, a higher resolution like 32 would be welcome.

A bit more fresh content, both drum kits and synth presets. This is a trip back to the 80s - early 90s. :) Take a look at NXT, iMashine, iKaossilator, WeJaam, Cotracks and other grooveboxes..

• Yes, it's a real shame. I hope it improves when the fix comes through end December.

• edited December 2013

Yea, I don't mean to sound overly negative. All I've done is gone through the "tracks" that it came with, plus some fiddling around making some disted synth bass/lead sounds. So I definitely need to spend more time with it before I have a clue what it is actually capable of. But, the initial impressions like bad and glitchy presets/patterns, bad (and glitchy) graphics/UI, doesn't exactly make you want to continue exploring it. But I hope those things will be fixed and smoothed over with continued updates..

Btw, I get that Audiobus SDK license expires in x days box when opening it.

• edited December 2013

More bugs...

Saving a pattern and recalling it will not recall all the parameters correctly. Looks like it's mostly the parameters in the FX section (with the four effects unit lines) that doesn't save correctly, and completely messes up your track (and the factory track too perhaps). The visual feedback/knob positions etc here doesn't represent what you're actually hearing after you load up a project.

Hope the dev knows what's up and can fix all these things that keeps popping up. There's lots of powerful and cool stuff here that's kinda buried under bugs and bad UI at the moment..

• Huh huh, stroke machine.

• I'm trying to review this, and I'm getting stacks of bugs and haven't even put it into AB yet, yet for all that when it's fixed it's gonna be great, really great, once you get your head around it and read the manual it all makes a lot of sense. I'm going to wait till the bugs are sorted before I make a video, so probably in the new year now

So onto NXT me thinks

• Makes the descision very easy for now.Thanks,pass.

• Yes Nxt and this app are loaded with issues at present, in time however they could be worth a look. They only were just released keep in mind.

• NXT only has minor issues, and is playable. Stroke Machine has major bugs, and is unplayable. I'm sure that both will have updates soon.

• @mgmg4871 totally agree, fixes coming soon.

• From Franke Music FB page... (Great news)
    Stroke Machine V1.0.1 is in the works. All known bugs are ironed out and we have managed to increase the overall performance greatly. Among the most important changes are:

• Improved overall performance by 30%.
    • Fixed audio glitches.
    • Permanent Audiobus key.
    • Fixed distorted Audiobus recording.
    • Fixed possible crash when loading a sound or kit.
    ... and more.

We can't wait to get it onto your iPad, but Apple's App Store review team is on holiday until December 28, which means that V1.0.1 is going to be available a couple of days after that date.

Stroke Machine is still available in the App Store for a special introductory price until December 26. Make yourself a groovy Christmas gift and get it on: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id773218050

Have fun with Stroke Machine and we wish you all a Merry Christmas.

1Like · · Share
    Rafael Ollero and 3 others like this.

• @Trueyorky said:

From Franke Music FB page... (Great news)
    Stroke Machine V1.0.1 is in the works. All known bugs are ironed out and we have managed to increase the overall performance greatly.

We can't wait to get it onto your iPad, but Apple's App Store review team is on holiday until December 28, which means that V1.0.1 is going to be available a couple of days after that date.

Stroke Machine is still available in the App Store for a special introductory price until December 26. Make yourself a groovy Christmas gift and get it on: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id773218050

Have fun with Stroke Machine and we wish you all a Merry Christmas.

1Like · · Share
    Rafael Ollero and 3 others like this.

I don't understand why Apple doesn't give developer's more freebie codes so they can do more adequate testing of their apps before they're released to the public. Sometimes the apps are so buggy that you wonder if the developer even went to the trouble to test their own app on the iOS devices it's intended for?

Alternatively, developers could be upfront and say their product is incomplete and give it away for free for a limited time so they can get the feedback from the app users they need to make it a viable product.

Developers should also be aware that people are very leery of being a victim of bait and switch where developers put out an incomplete product at a low limited time introductory price and then promise they'll fix everything later. More and more people are less and less willing to roll the dice with their app purchases after being burned by these sorts of promises too many times.

Franke Music would be wise to extend their sale to include the bug free 1.01 update in my opinion or else they could risk turning people off by their poor marketing strategies.

• @Paulinko said:

Franke Music would be wise to extend their sale to include the bug free 1.01 update in my opinion or else they could risk turning people off by their poor marketing strategies.

This is all very true but I think they are counting on the App Sluts like me,who will just buy this
    anyway and wait for updates.

• @Multitouch said:

This is all very true but I think they are counting on the App Sluts like me...

Hence: Stroke Machine.