Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gen 3 iPad pro users: Have you noticed significant CPU spikes?

12346»

Comments

  • edited December 2018

    the beta 12.1.2 claimed to have some fixes for iPad Pro 2018.

    the actual release 12.1.2 is for iPhone only. https://www.macrumors.com/2018/12/17/apple-releasing-ios-12-1-2-esim-bug-fix/

    so, yes @marmakin is right, it seems we will have to wait for 12.1.3 or later for a iPad Pro fix.

  • edited December 2018

    @Hmtx said:
    the beta 12.1.2 claimed to have some fixes for iPad Pro 2018.

    the actual release 12.1.2 is for iPhone only. https://www.macrumors.com/2018/12/17/apple-releasing-ios-12-1-2-esim-bug-fix/

    so, yes @marmakin is right, it seems we will have to wait for 12.1.3 or later for a iPad Pro fix.

    I’m on 12.1.2 beta on 3rd gen IPad Pro, still same cpu issues with certain apps, mostly synths, model 15 takes 70% cpu. Cubasis 2 works fine for me though, luckily...
    So you mean 12.1.2 just doesn’t contain bug fixes for iPad? Weird...

  • 12.1.3 update out now! iPad Pro 2018 owners get after it!!!

  • Fuck yeah ! Buffer 256 seems to (finally) hold !!!

  • Proplem not solved with 12.1.4 on my iPad pro 2018.

    Just using bm3 with kb1 and sunrizer. Crackles and even sometimes audio crashes which forces me to restart bm3...

    Anyone out there with similar problems?

  • @ELADORE said:
    Proplem not solved with 12.1.4 on my iPad pro 2018.

    Just using bm3 with kb1 and sunrizer. Crackles and even sometimes audio crashes which forces me to restart bm3...

    Anyone out there with similar problems?

    It’s better... but I am having my fingers crossed for 12.2. maybe apple will finally get it sorted out after almost half a year

    Still some Apps have cracklings in standalone or as plugin... in 12.1.4

  • It’s a disgrace truly.

  • @david_2017 said:

    @ELADORE said:
    Proplem not solved with 12.1.4 on my iPad pro 2018.

    Just using bm3 with kb1 and sunrizer. Crackles and even sometimes audio crashes which forces me to restart bm3...

    Anyone out there with similar problems?

    It’s better... but I am having my fingers crossed for 12.2. maybe apple will finally get it sorted out after almost half a year

    Still some Apps have cracklings in standalone or as plugin... in 12.1.4

    It must have something to do with the cpu handling. Maybe the power cpus don't kick in because the ipad thinks it doesnt need them. An app which activates a power mode would be amazing. Is there something like that on the market?

  • @ELADORE said:

    @david_2017 said:

    @ELADORE said:
    Proplem not solved with 12.1.4 on my iPad pro 2018.

    Just using bm3 with kb1 and sunrizer. Crackles and even sometimes audio crashes which forces me to restart bm3...

    Anyone out there with similar problems?

    It’s better... but I am having my fingers crossed for 12.2. maybe apple will finally get it sorted out after almost half a year

    Still some Apps have cracklings in standalone or as plugin... in 12.1.4

    It must have something to do with the cpu handling. Maybe the power cpus don't kick in because the ipad thinks it doesnt need them. An app which activates a power mode would be amazing. Is there something like that on the market?

    That is the theory: iPad Pro doesn’t make a difference between listening to music and producing music. One is really CPU hungry, the other can be done with a $1.99 MP3 player from wish.com... who would EVER had thought of that?
    Do people use these magazine reading, gaming playing, netflixmachines for music production?

  • edited March 27

    Have you tried my Dubstation2 workaround for crackles? Could perhaps work in this situation too:

  • @janosax, could it be that adding Dubstation makes the iPad use the high-performance cores only?

    I was searching for issues with the A12 (upcoming new iPads), and while reading found some techies describing a bug in Apple's 'Performance Module' (I think that's what it's called). Basically it's the hardware mux that manages the switching between the low-performance and high-performance cores. Reminded me of the long-time issue Nvidia and AMD had years ago when switching back and forth between their dedicated GPUs and the Intel graphics chips in gaming laptops. Lost the URL to the Apple bug discussion, but hopefully someone here has more insight.

  • edited March 28

    @ocelot yes it seems that Dubstation2 helps with CPU not being in throttle mode, but I don’t know exactly why.

    A12 seems to have some issues with that too on both new iPhones and recent iPads pro, don’t know for new Air. I have lot of hesitation to upgrade my iPhone or get an iPad because of that.

  • Doesn't Dubstation 2 use noticeably more CPU compared to other AU delays like Kosmonaut, Dedalus Delay, apeDelay, etc.? Dubstation is a very simple delay compared to those 3, but uses a lot more CPU. Maybe that could be why it pushes the load to the high-performance cores only. Could be bad coding too.

    But it could end up being like Nvidia Optimus which took about 5 generations of refinement before it worked as advertised.

  • edited March 29

    My current workaround in AUM (shown here) is to leave an instance of RE-1 with its GUI open permanently. It doesn’t even have to be connected to anything else. Current theory is that this provides a steady enough load which in turn prevents throttling.

    I’ve noticed other plugins have a similar effect, like Rozeta Collider and Enso.

Sign In or Register to comment.