Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which (Black Friday) Sales are you buying? and Why?

I have grabbed these 2 today:

Grand Finale - $8 to get better mixes (up to 32-bit) faster and learn the FX that did it. Create many mixes (using the Presets for re-produceability) and see which sound the best in various speakers/headphones.

Moog Filtatron - $2 I have coveted this Moog Filter and it's a nice IAA FX plug-in w an internal sampler (i.e. File Player). NOTE only ONE IAA FX at a time.

Still lusting after "Brusfi" noise reducer. Especially for live inputs like Guitars, Hardware Synths.

BeatHawk IAP's - Choirs? World Drums?

Auria Pro Video Plug-in $2

Animoog (need to watch the video demos): iPhone or iPad and which IAP's?

HOPING FOR SALES FROM A LONG WISHLIST:

Luis Martinez Drummer/iBassist Apps
DrumJam
BM3
Moebius Lab
Mood
Infinite Looper

Comments

• edited November 2018

@McDtracy I can confirm that the Brusfi is not only an excellent purchase it also comes certified as entirely efficient and practical and thus does not register at all on the indulgence meter. Just so you know. Free swing and all that.

• Still waiting for more of the Wolfgang Palm synths.

• You have to respect the developers who never put their apps on sale (PPG/Lumbeat/LayR, etc.).

• Audio Damage Phase 3
    Some Icecear synths
    Woodulator
    Electrogene
    Ruismaker Noir
    Flora fxs
    Korg Electribe Wave
    Touchable Pro
    BeatHawk Mellotron and Toys packs

• Ahhh I remember the days of still having apps to buy. You kids have fun out there.

• @AudioGus said:
    Ahhh I remember the days of still having apps to buy. You kids have fun out there.

There’s 5 I don’t have in Jabosax’s list! Yes!!

• edited November 2018

@gusgranite said:

@AudioGus said:
    Ahhh I remember the days of still having apps to buy. You kids have fun out there.

Huh, wuh, Noir isn’t on sale.. err, oh yah the one app I have left, then I’m done.

• @AudioGus said:

@gusgranite said:

@AudioGus said:

Huh, wuh, Noir can’t be on sale..

Some apps in my list will be buyed sooner or later, during or just after Black Friday :)

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @McDtracy I can confirm that the Brusfi is not only an excellent purchase it also comes certified as entirely efficient and practical and thus does not register at all on the indulgence meter. Just so you know. Free swing and all that.

If Klvgrnd wanted to make more money they ought to have built a complete app out of this and not just a plugin. As someone who occasionally records meetings it would be much more convenient to just open my Klvgrand recorder and let it go to work. Also their naming schemes just aren’t that appealing to a mass audience either. On the other hand BRSFRI is a good purchase especially if you yourself myself up with a preset in AUM
    If for when the time comes to make a quick recording. So much easier to play back and transcribe without all that annoying background noise.

• I’m waiting for Zeeon to go on sale. Buying finger is poised and ready for tapping.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    I’m waiting for Zeeon to go on sale. Buying finger is poised and ready for tapping.

I take it you have Synthmaster One?

• I need an app that gives me more time to actually do something with my other apps :lol:
    There was a time I couldnt finish tracks. Now i'm barely starting them :open_mouth:

• @AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    I’m waiting for Zeeon to go on sale. Buying finger is poised and ready for tapping.

I take it you have Synthmaster One?

Yup :)

• Wishing for Audiokit D-1 to go on sale. Missed it first time it came out. :(

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wishing for Audiokit D-1 to go on sale. Missed it first time it came out. :(

We are kind of wavering on putting D1 on sale for Black Friday. As, it just came out and people might get offended if it went on sale right away. But, we have received several emails from people in countries where the currency exchange to the dollar is weak. And, every dollar matters to them. They have asked if they could buy it a little cheaper.

Was thinking of putting it on sale for $7.99. Though, am worried that the people who just bought it for $9.99 would be offended? 😬

• edited November 2018

@analog_matt You need to do what you need to do. If you believe a two dollar reduction will give you a real jolt in sales and that will fund your further efforts/buy you the boat you've promised the wife etc then go to it.

Not convinced that most original buyers will begrudge you the two dollars, although traditionally apps get more expensive after their release price debut etc etc.

It's an interesting one because you have an impeccable reputation at this point which is not nothing, but baby needs boots also :)

• Kronecker :)
    Would be a treat. And most likely I will get DAW cassette. And i am open for surprises hehe

• @analog_matt I wouldn’t take offence if you lowered the price for a bit. My stickers have arrived btw and they are good, pics to follow. :)

• Waiting for Korg to drop some sales. I got my iPad in July right at the tail end of their summer sale when everything was 50% off. Wish I had grabbed more of their stuff then.

• edited November 2018

RE-1, RP-1 and RF-1 are for sale now. As is Volt (a great synth for $10), and his other apps.

• @analog_matt said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

We are kind of wavering on putting D1 on sale for Black Friday. As, it just came out and people might get offended if it went on sale right away. But, we have received several emails from people in countries where the currency exchange to the dollar is weak. And, every dollar matters to them. They have asked if they could buy it a little cheaper.

Was thinking of putting it on sale for $7.99. Though, am worried that the people who just bought it for $9.99 would be offended? 😬

D1 is worth more than 9.99 so I wouldn't take offense even if I paid 20$ for it, imo, with synth one being free we've already saved more than enough money

• I had to grab the Animoog for $10. Not AUv3 but the demo's indicated it makes sounds I just don't have and the internal keyboard/scales are pretty cool.

• Been a bit slow getting on the AU train. Have loads of AU noisemakers but could do with suggestions for FX, both standard fodder and for wilder palettes.

• A heads up to anyone who hasn't gotten this yet. It's always free, but still. From the DRC developer.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dlym-delay-modulator/id1381246923?mt=8

• @Jocphone said:
    Been a bit slow getting on the AU train. Have loads of AU noisemakers but could do with suggestions for FX, both standard fodder and for wilder palettes.

Audio Damage, all of em, except replace Dubstation with brambos Kosmonaut and replace QuatroMod with FAC Chorus. Bam you're covered.

• edited November 2018

@Jocphone said:
    Been a bit slow getting on the AU train. Have loads of AU noisemakers but could do with suggestions for FX, both standard fodder and for wilder palettes.

Kosmonaut, RatshackReverb, Frekvens, Discord4 (proper bonkers, I use it on everything), and Turnado if you don’t have it.

Just picking up RE-1 as it’s on sale, that looks pretty wild too.

• @analog_matt said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I completely missed the intro sale, so I’d be happy with a new one!

• @oat_phipps said:

@Jocphone said:

Audio Damage, all of em, except replace Dubstation with brambos Kosmonaut and replace QuatroMod with FAC Chorus. Bam you're covered.

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Kosmonaut, RatshackReverb, Frekvens, Discord4 (proper bonkers, I use it on everything), and Turnado if you don’t have it.

Thanks both. I'm not big on the AD stuff. Had RoughRider but couldn't read the labels. Had that AI rhythm thing too and got impression the dev never got round to fixing some issue that was stop me using it. Both those things put me off buying anything from them. RE-1 looks cool though.

I have Kosmonaut, but not Turnado, keep hearing great things about that.

Anything that works on both iPhone and iPad would be especially welcome.

• edited November 2018

@Jocphone said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Thanks both. I'm not big on the AD stuff. Had RoughRider but couldn't read the labels. Had that AI rhythm thing too and got impression the dev never got round to fixing some issue that was stop me using it. Both those things put me off buying anything from them. RE-1 looks cool though.

I have Kosmonaut, but not Turnado, keep hearing great things about that.

Anything that works on both iPhone and iPad would be especially welcome.

I've always loved Turnado, but now it's AU it's even better, I'd always recommend that one. Audio Damage can be a bit hit and miss, and they don't seem to go back and tweak their apps once they're released - I've never got on with Axon - but I can heartily recommend RatshackReverb as it's cheap and adds some real grit to your sounds, and Discord4 is probably my most used FX. You can use it as a simple delay/phaser type thing or go pitch-shifting mental with it.

Just bought RE-1. I'd not paid it that much attention, but after watching a few vids last week it went on my list. Half price at the moment, so grabbed it. It's a bit of a beast (I'm finding the same thing with Synthmaster, these apps need a firm hand), but capable of some really good old style phasing and delay, and by messing with the tape you can generate the proper weirdness I used to get from my Wem Copycat years ago.

• I aim to complete my modular synths collection and will probably pick up Ripplemaker and Zors Modular. Still missing Ops (that won't go on sale probably), Modular Synthesizer which seems abandoned as well and Analog Kit which surely is not supported anymore.