Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Grand Finale On Sale

$8.99 /40% off. Seems to have a new update making it more compatible.
Sorry, couldn't figure out how to get a link. Maybe someone will post.

Comments

• I highly recommend picking this up

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

As someone who usually does more harm than good attempting to master my songs, I have never failed to get great results with Grand Finale. It’s been a real blessing.

Grand Finale by Klevgränd produkter AB

• edited November 2018

DAW Cassette is on sale as well :)

• @lairdhenn said:

Oh cool! Thanks for the headsup!
    Can I use DAW cassette also like the vinyl plugin to generate sound by its own?
    Sometimes i like to add a channel of vinyl cracklings with lush reverb for some ambience. Can i do that with DAW cassette too? Thanks

• @david_2017 said:

@lairdhenn said:

Sometimes i like to add a channel of vinyl cracklings with lush reverb for some ambience. Can i do that with DAW cassette too? Thanks

Yes you can. I highly recommend it.

I recommend Grand Finale more however. It's the only way (or at least the best way) to polish a track on the iPhone.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@david_2017 said:

@lairdhenn said:

I recommend Grand Finale more however. It's the only way (or at least the best way) to polish a track on the iPhone.

Thanks bro!!!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@david_2017 said:

@lairdhenn said:

On its own, it is only going to generate a steady tape hiss though, unless you run something through it. If there’s anything else going on, such as motor noise or hum, I can’t hear it.

• @wim said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@david_2017 said:

@lairdhenn said:

On its own, it is only going to generate a steady tape hiss though, unless you run something through it. If there’s anything else going on, such as motor noise or hum, I can’t hear it.

I actually like to run the vinyl thru the tape thru Lo Fly Dirt thru a reverb.

• @sysexual said:

@wim said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@david_2017 said:

@lairdhenn said:

In soviet russia vinyl run you through eh? Eh? Hehe.

• @AudioGus said:

@sysexual said:

@wim said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@david_2017 said:

@lairdhenn said:

In soviet russia vinyl run you through eh? Eh? Hehe.

I'm trying to picture how that would work.

• edited November 2018

Black Friday Sales in the App Store • 11.19.2018

Degrader by Klevgrand • 7.99 [reg. 9.99]

Brusfi by Klevgrand • 8.99 [reg. 14.99]

Model 15 by Moog • 14.99 [reg. 29.99]

VC-1 by Kai Aras • 2.99 [reg. 5.99]

DAW LP by Klevgrand • 7.99 [reg. 12.99]

DAW Cassette by Klevgrand • 7.99 [reg. 12.99]

Filatron by Moog • 1.99 [reg. 4.99]

Kleverb by Klevgrand • 11.99 [reg. 19.99]

Animoog by Moog • 9.99 [reg. 29.99]

Go To EQ by Klevgrand • 11.99 [reg. 19.99]

Grand Finale by Klevgrand • 8.99 [reg. 14.99]

Model D by Moog • 8.99 [reg. 14.99]

Patterning 2 by OlyNoiseCo • 14.99 [reg. 19.99]

Mellotronics M3000 by Omenie Ltd • 5.99 [reg. 11.99]

Synthmaster One by KV331 • 9.99 [reg. 19.99]

FAC Chorus by Fred Corvest• 9.99 [reg. 13.99]

Xequence by Seven Systems • 3.99 [reg. 5.99]

Auria Pro by Wave Machine Labs • 24.99 [reg. 49.99]

Beathawk by UVI Touch • 4.99 [reg. 9.99]

Patterning by OlyNoiseCo • 4.99 [reg. 6.99]

Below are sales that have been mentioned in the forum :

Neo-Soul Keys by MIDIculous LLC 9.99 [40% off]

DRC by Imaginando Lda FREE

• What about In-App Purchases? Is anyone aware of any good ones on sale?

• Is Grand Finale good for voice overs and video soundtrack stuff? Is there a list of the presets that come with it? I know zero about mastering but trying to decide if I should grab it.

• @u0421793 said:
    What about In-App Purchases? Is anyone aware of any good ones on sale?

+1 for info on IAP's

• @[Deleted User] said:

@u0421793 said:
    What about In-App Purchases? Is anyone aware of any good ones on sale?

+1 for info on IAP's

Xequence unlimited tracks seems to be on sale at 3.99 not sure of usual full price, think the others are still at normal price.

• If one has Auria Pro with the Fabfilter plug-ins, does Grand Finale bring something to the game?

How does its quality compare to Fabfilters?

Thanks!

• @espiegel123 said:
    If one has Auria Pro with the Fabfilter plug-ins, does Grand Finale bring something to the game?

How does its quality compare to Fabfilters?

Thanks!

If you have Pro L2 you're golden, nothing else comes close.

• Tx! I wasn't sure if Grand Finale had something else special to offer

• @espiegel123 said:
    Tx! I wasn't sure if Grand Finale had something else special to offer

Not IMO. The best way to "Master" is just to target -14LUFS. That way you won't squash all the dynamic range out of your master and you will have a tune ready for all the major streaming platforms. I made a video about it a while back:

Additionally, if you do want to make a loud master (which these days you really shouldn't) then Pro L2 is still the best option because it has oversampling and true peak metering. It's the best mastering option on iOS by a very long way.

• @richardyot : thank you so much for the words of wisdom. I look forward to checking out the video.

• Can I load grand finale as a effect on garage band instruments or master channel?

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@mistkerl said:
    Can I load grand finale as a effect on garage band instruments or master channel?

No. You can only load audio tracks into Grand Finale, then use it to master them. It’s not designed to be as an in-line FX.

• what grand finale does do is impressive. its very streamlined and simplified and my results as someone who is an intermediate level with mastering have been good. its certainly the best option for mastering on ios though i still continue to master on desktop, this is a good mobile option for quick jobs.

klevgrand has been awesome this year making me forget about all those crappy synths released in the years before with their new and excellent effects and this.

• I think many could benefit from Grand Finale for $9 on sale compared to $25 for Auria Pro and $19 for FabFilter L2 to get optimal levels for the streaming platforms.

Grand Finale also considers EQ and Stereo image settings so you effectively use it to tweak to your ears.

To set LUFS it's clear FabFilter makes Pro quality tools and L2 gets it right. But If you only have the $9 maybe you should consider improving your tracks "to your ears" with another excellent tool.

• @sysexual said:
    what grand finale does do is impressive. its very streamlined and simplified and my results as someone who is an intermediate level with mastering have been good. its certainly the best option for mastering on ios though i still continue to master on desktop, this is a good mobile option for quick jobs.

klevgrand has been awesome this year making me forget about all those crappy synths released in the years before with their new and excellent effects and this.

Can you say more about why in your opinion this is a better mastering tool than FabFilter L2?

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

If you don’t know wtf you’re doing, and you often do more damage than good when trying to master, as I do, it can give great results consistently. Even the best tools in the hands of someone who can’t use ‘em are worse than useless. I’m not worthy of L2 etc at this point, so GF is a real blessing.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sysexual said:
    what grand finale does do is impressive. its very streamlined and simplified and my results as someone who is an intermediate level with mastering have been good. its certainly the best option for mastering on ios though i still continue to master on desktop, this is a good mobile option for quick jobs.

Can you say more about why in your opinion this is a better mastering tool than FabFilter L2?

i would if i used L2. i dont though.

• @sysexual said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sysexual said:

i would if i used L2. i dont though.

Ok. When you said that is it "certainly the best option for mastering on ios", I took that to mean even better than L2.

So, maybe its the best of the options you've tried but not necessarily as good or better than L2. Does that seem fair?

• @espiegel123 said:

@sysexual said:

I know you're not asking me but it's good for a $9 mastering solution. If you want a Pro solution take the more expensive route with Auria Pro and the FabFilter tools of which L2 is the most expensive.

What Grand Finale gets right is the interface for a non-technocal musician to listen to the track and make adjustments to the compression, EQ, stereo image and optional distortion, etc.

Or to just select one of the 15 Mastering Presets and let it process a project and export it using 16, 24 or 32 bit data in MP4, AIF or Wav packaging.

Not a bad $9 solution until the Pro tools find their way to your favorite AU Host.

$9 price good until Monday I think. The FabFilter L2 + Auria Pro also goes up to $90 after the sale ends so the the best mastering $45 saves you $45.