Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bitwig Studio 2.4.2

I took advantage of Bitwig’s winter sale and purchased Bitwig Studio 2.4 with £70 off the price. I bought it because of its multi touch support on Surface Pro.

However, I’ve noticed a few bugs. On the midi note edit piano roll I have to slide my finger on the grid to draw a note whereas before I just touched the grid to draw a note and double tap to delete a note but it doesn’t work now. Also, when a I select pen icon in the tool box to draw a note it goes back to the cursor arrow and it’s the same if I select the knife tool and eraser tool. This is quite annoying.

Other than that I am really enjoying Bitwig on my Surface Pro. The only thing I miss when nit using my iPad is BM3.

Comments

• Have you make them a report about those bugs?

• I hoping they bring another big update out in the next few months they usually drop something after Christmas.

• @Artmuzz said:
    The only thing I miss when nit using my iPad is BM3.

Phew, comments like this keep me from doing foolish things at the mall.

• edited November 2018

@AudioGus said:

@Artmuzz said:

You don’t have to agree you know. I’m only giving my opinion that since using my Surface Pro that the only thing I miss when not using my iPad is BM3 and the great battery life because the battery life on the Surface Pro is terrible.

It would be great if BM3 was available for Surface Pro.

• @Artmuzz said:

@AudioGus said:

@Artmuzz said:

You don’t have to agree you know. I’m only giving my opinion that since using my Surface Pro that the only thing I miss when not using my iPad is BM3 and the great battery life because the battery life on the Surface Pro is terrible.

It would be great if BM3 was available for Surface Pro.

What I meant was I have been inches away from buying a Surface to get Bitwig many times but for the sake of peace on the home front have resisted. :) SO good to hear the battery only lasts five minutes and they explode in sunlight etc etc

• Glad you’re enjoying it! Somehow I’m not that surprised that there are kinks in the touch UI on bitwig - afaik touch is a small portion of their user base. The devs are super responsive, though, so I wouldn’t worry about bugs not getting fixed sooner than later.

Re missing BM3: any specific functionality, or just workflow? If workflow, I know the bitwig workflow with mouse and keyboard is a beast - I use it on Mac OS. I wonder if the smoothest workflows using bitwig touch end up being hybrid: using touch for things like on screen note playing, knobs and sliders, and the like, and using mouse and keyboard for the rest? Will you be exploring that?

• All comments and reviews on YouTube indicate that touch-only Bitwig is still lacking compared to mouse /trackpad. Hoping Stagelight will evolve into a viable alternative eventually .

• @Telstar5 said:
    All comments and reviews on YouTube indicate that touch-only Bitwig is still lacking compared to mouse /trackpad. Hoping Stagelight will evolve into a viable alternative eventually .

You definitely have to use mouse on Bitwig. I tried in the past with a touchscreen and it was the main reason I didn’t bought it .

• edited November 2018

@ohwell said:
    Glad you’re enjoying it! Somehow I’m not that surprised that there are kinks in the touch UI on bitwig - afaik touch is a small portion of their user base. The devs are super responsive, though, so I wouldn’t worry about bugs not getting fixed sooner than later.

Re missing BM3: any specific functionality, or just workflow? If workflow, I know the bitwig workflow with mouse and keyboard is a beast - I use it on Mac OS. I wonder if the smoothest workflows using bitwig touch end up being hybrid: using touch for things like on screen note playing, knobs and sliders, and the like, and using mouse and keyboard for the rest? Will you be exploring that?

It’s the feature packed sampler that I miss about BM3. There is no other sampler on Mac, PC and iOS that has the features BM3 sampler has. Also creating songs on BM3 with using the pads and samples is great.

I think the only reason I moved to Surface Pro is that it’s like running an iPad with my favourite vst synths. If every vst was made for iPad then I wouldn’t of made the move to Windows 10 and Surface Pro because Windows is still annoying and the battery life on those Surface Pro tablets are terrible.

Bitwig is good on the Surface Pro but I’ve just realised myself that the drawing notes bug on the midi editor only happens in multi touch tablet mode because the bug doesn’t exist in desktop mode using a mouse or trackpad.