Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Akai MPK Mini MKII with iPad Pro 2018

I was wondering if anyone with the new iPad Pro has gotten the MPK Mini to work without a powered hub? I know on other iOS devices you had to give the device some kind of power but I’m wondering if the USB C port removes this issue. I’m asking because Akai released a new colorway for it and I honestly don’t think I can pass on it. I love my novation launchkey mini but the color on this has me stuck.

Comments

• I am looking at getting one of these or the Launchkey Mini.
    Does the Launckey Mini need extra power too, or can the iPad power it?

• I'm using the Arturia MiniLab Mk2 and the iPad powers it just fine.

• @CracklePot said:
    I am looking at getting one of these or the Launchkey Mini.

It’s the only one I’ve used that didn’t felt cheap and didn’t cried for power. It’s made for iOS.

• On the „old“ iPad Pro i just need a tiny USB Hub without extra Power for my Akai MPK mini MKII to work.

• @CracklePot said:

The iPad can power it. No need for anything extra.

@sch said:
    I'm using the Arturia MiniLab Mk2 and the iPad powers it just fine.

I had that one too and it worked fine

@erdstern said:
    On the „old“ iPad Pro i just need a tiny USB Hub without extra Power for my Akai MPK mini MKII to work.

Yea I know that but I’m trying to avoid that. I just want to plug it in like I already do with many other keyboards. I was just wondering if the USB C port changes that

• @alecsbuga @YZJustDatGuy
    Thanks for the info.
    Good build quality is important.
    I am thinking the Launchkey is the one I am looking for.

B)

• edited November 2018

@CracklePot said:
    @alecsbuga @YZJustDatGuy
    Thanks for the info.
    Good build quality is important.
    I am thinking the Launchkey is the one I am looking for.

B)

The Arturia Minilab MKII has better build quality hands down. It’s just heavier than the launchkey and less portable due to it’s taller encoders. I liked that you can change the color of the pads using the software on a computer. But the launchkey is definitely lighter and more portable IMO

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@CracklePot said:

@sch said:

@erdstern said:
    On the „old“ iPad Pro i just need a tiny USB Hub without extra Power for my Akai MPK mini MKII to work.

Yea I know that but I’m trying to avoid that. I just want to plug it in like I already do with many other keyboards. I was just wondering if the USB C port changes that

I would like to know this too. I have a MPK Mini 2 and thinking of getting the new iPad Pro

• @gregsmith said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@CracklePot said:

@sch said:

@erdstern said:

I would like to know this too. I have a MPK Mini 2 and thinking of getting the new iPad Pro

I’m going to head to guitar center either today or tomorrow to see if it works. Will report back

• @gregsmith said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@CracklePot said:

@sch said:

@erdstern said:

Just went and tested it. Works when I plugged it directly into my iPad Pro 2018 with a USB hub without power.

• It's looks quite nice but still pretty limited configurability without the editor.
    And the A/B bank only affects the pads, would have been nice with 8 additional knobs as well :)

Regardless of the small niggles I think it will sell pretty well.
    I mean the release of MPC Beats forward made me dig out my MPK Mini Mk2 and start lusting for an MPC One :)

The mini-keys are supposed to be higher quality, I wonder if they reach the ReFace level of playability?
    Will definitely check it out when it's available in the stores here in Sweden...