Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apogee One stopped working with Mac OS 10.13.6

My Apogee One is no longer recognized by my iMac. In GarageBand I get a pop-up message saying, " The last selected audio interface is not available." Also the lights for mic, headphones, and guitar input on the Apogee One are flashing on and off. It is plugged into direct power from an electrical outlet. I'm not running it off of batteries. It has new batteries in it. I've been recording with this Apogee One microphone for at least 3 years and nearly one year on my new iMac with no problems. I recently updated the Mac OS to 10.13.6.

In the Mac system preferences under Sound Input, the Apogee One source was coming and going in the list. In fact as I was typing this it appeared for about a second and disappeared.

I have not installed any new drivers from Apogee. When I got my new iMac last January I didn't have to. It just worked when I plugged it in. Is there a new driver needed for the Apogee One?

Comments

• I don't have a one, I have a duet, and that's working fine for me under latest Mojave.

Increased security in newest Mac updates might be blocking the extension or driver from loading.

Go to Apogee site, and you'll see what I mean. The answers you're looking for are there.

Interface not recognized on macOS Mojave or High Sierra?

• macOS 10.14 Mojave & 10.13 High Sierra – During Apogee software installation, Allow button must be clicked in Mac System Preferences > Security & Privacy
  • Thanks. I succeeded Security & Privacy in allowing the Apogee Maestro app and installed it. I've made progress but still having problems recording to GarageBand.

After updating my iMac OS to 10.13.6 my Apogee microphone stopped working with GarageBand. I had been using it with my new iMac for about 11 months with no problems. I didn't even need to install the Maestro app. In the Mac security settings I found that Apogee was being blocked. I checked the Apogee box and clicked "allow" to unblock. That made the flashing lights on the One stop flashing.

I then installed the Maestro 2 firmware and app for the Apogee One for Mac and iPad. In my Mac's system preferences under sound I chose ONE USB for Output and ONE: Internal Mic + Instrument for Input.

When I am in GarageBand I can see the V-meter move on the track I want to record and I can hear myself well in headphones connected to the ONE when I speak into the ONE mic. When I record from the ONE mic to GarageBand the record level is very low despite being close and loud enough in the mic. The track shows a very low level even though I have the record track input up to 0 dB or 75% of the slider bar for volume.

When I try to play back my GB recording I hear nothing through the headphones connected to the ONE and my iMac via USB. It used to work.

I have been using this ONE for at least 3 years on an iMac, a MacBook Pro and an iPad. I'm familiar with how it operates. There must be something I'm missing about the Apogee Maestro App or the interface with GarageBand. Any ideas?