Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most stable iOS production environments

2»

Comments

  • Gadget
    AB3/Xequence/AUM
    NS2

    I have had the most issues with BM3 and Cubasis (need to take another look at Cubasis since the last updatetho)

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @johnfromberkeley said:

    @theconnactic said:
    Auria Pro - if you only use the internal instruments (all awesome) and plug-ins (except for THM, currently). Absolutely crash proof when used this way.

    I constantly crash loading the Auria versions of Fabfilter.

    Please report the crashes to the devs over on the Auria Pro forum. The dev doesn't keep up with discussions over here but does read the bug reports on their forum. I believe that he is about to start tackling the bugs that didn't make it into the last update (which seems to have vastly improved MIDI and MIDI AU stuff).

    I’m sending crash reports every time. ;-)

  • @johnfromberkeley said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @johnfromberkeley said:

    @theconnactic said:
    Auria Pro - if you only use the internal instruments (all awesome) and plug-ins (except for THM, currently). Absolutely crash proof when used this way.

    I constantly crash loading the Auria versions of Fabfilter.

    Please report the crashes to the devs over on the Auria Pro forum. The dev doesn't keep up with discussions over here but does read the bug reports on their forum. I believe that he is about to start tackling the bugs that didn't make it into the last update (which seems to have vastly improved MIDI and MIDI AU stuff).

    I’m sending crash reports every time. ;-)

    Through the app or on their forum? I am not sure how robust the reports from the app are. I have gotten a lot more traction by connecting with RIM via their forum.

  • @klownshed said:

    For context; I have an iPad Air 2. My guess is that the newer models will have slightly fewer issues, especially the ones with more RAM.

    I wish. The 2018 Pro is the least stable iPad I've owned.

  • When you remove AUs from the equation most environments get hellah more stable.

  • I find that if I don't launch an app, then it pretty much never crashes. ;)

  • @johnfromberkeley said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @johnfromberkeley said:

    @theconnactic said:
    Auria Pro - if you only use the internal instruments (all awesome) and plug-ins (except for THM, currently). Absolutely crash proof when used this way.

    I constantly crash loading the Auria versions of Fabfilter.

    Please report the crashes to the devs over on the Auria Pro forum. The dev doesn't keep up with discussions over here but does read the bug reports on their forum. I believe that he is about to start tackling the bugs that didn't make it into the last update (which seems to have vastly improved MIDI and MIDI AU stuff).

    I’m sending crash reports every time. ;-)

    Me too. There’s not much space in the tiny box for typing much though.

  • @mistercharlie said:
    I find that if I don't launch an app, then it pretty much never crashes. ;)

    Sometimes its the only solution.

  • Most are usually stable if you don't use other apps/AU with them.

    Live 10 is so good now that I could never do "production" on iOS again. CV tools is just insane...

  • MTS by a mile.

  • @Littlewoodg said:
    MTS by a mile.

    +1

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @johnfromberkeley said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @johnfromberkeley said:

    @theconnactic said:
    Auria Pro - if you only use the internal instruments (all awesome) and plug-ins (except for THM, currently). Absolutely crash proof when used this way.

    I constantly crash loading the Auria versions of Fabfilter.

    Please report the crashes to the devs over on the Auria Pro forum. The dev doesn't keep up with discussions over here but does read the bug reports on their forum. I believe that he is about to start tackling the bugs that didn't make it into the last update (which seems to have vastly improved MIDI and MIDI AU stuff).

    I’m sending crash reports every time. ;-)

    Through the app or on their forum? I am not sure how robust the reports from the app are. I have gotten a lot more traction by connecting with RIM via their forum.

    Hmmm, this is the first I’ve heard that crash reporting is broken.

  • @AudioGus said:
    When you remove AUs from the equation most environments get hellah more stable.

    I sometimes wonder if I have too many installed app/AUs for Auria to handle.

  • @johnfromberkeley said:

    @AudioGus said:
    When you remove AUs from the equation most environments get hellah more stable.

    I sometimes wonder if I have too many installed app/AUs for Auria to handle.

    I suspect that isn't it how many you have on you have installed, but if you mean projects with lots of AUs loaded that could be it. I make a habit of freezing pretty often to reduce the load. But there may be particular AUs or apps that cause problems. (Same is true of Cubasis, too -- interestingly the AUs apps that don't play well with one or the other aren't always the same).

    Do you have projects that crash more than others?

    Maybe we can figure out what is making things unstable for you. Auria Pro is generally pretty stable for me, but some things make it less stable for me.

    Anyway, if folks have crashes with AP, it is worth actually going to their forum and creating a post with as much detail as you can supply. Such reports get a lot more attention -- particularly if mention that you are having frequent problems.

  • @espiegel123 said:
    Anyway, if folks have crashes with AP, it is worth actually going to their forum and creating a post with as much detail as you can supply. Such reports get a lot more attention -- particularly if mention that you are having frequent problems.

    I'd be spamming the forums 10 times an hour. The crashing happens typically with file operations, or just loading an auria effect, like fabfilter. i'm not looking for instant help. i'm trying to populate their bugzilla with specific incidents in the most efficient way possible.

  • @johnfromberkeley said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    Anyway, if folks have crashes with AP, it is worth actually going to their forum and creating a post with as much detail as you can supply. Such reports get a lot more attention -- particularly if mention that you are having frequent problems.

    I'd be spamming the forums 10 times an hour. The crashing happens typically with file operations, or just loading an auria effect, like fabfilter. i'm not looking for instant help. i'm trying to populate their bugzilla with specific incidents in the most efficient way possible.

    That being the case, you are still best off posting a message to their forum that explains that you are getting such frequent crashes. Even if you don't post each time it crashes. I can tell you from experience that if you post a bug report on the forum with a lot of detail -- and mention that it is happening frequently, it is far more likely to get attention than bugzilla reports. This isn't just true of Auria Pro. A number of other developers have mentioned this, too.

    Even better, if you have a reproducible crash, do a screen capture, load it to YouTube and include that in your report. There were a number of bugs during the beta where that proved critical to helping the devs see the bug in action and get a sense of what was going on.

    It really is not typical for crashes to be so frequent generally. Usually, there is a particular aspect of the project (such as a particular AU or combination of AUs). I use AP a fair amount and don't generally get crashes. I have found, however that Enso and AP don't get along that well. If I have more than one Enso, things become unstable.

    FWIW, the same is true of all the DAWs. They all seem to have some AUs with which they are less stable than others.

  • edited July 2019

    So far only a single NS2 mention?

  • @klownshed said:
    Ns2 always locks up on me frequently, usually requires rebooting as If i quit it from app selector and reload it just locks up again. Very Frustrating. Probably au related but NS2 doesn’t handle this situation as cleanly AUM. Once a project starts misbehaving in NS2 it becomes a complete pain and often I can’t seem to rescue it.

    we identified this problem down to AudioDamage Grind plugin, i wrote already message to Chris Randall so hope this will be soon fixed.

Sign In or Register to comment.