Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Streambyter question - expanding note intervals? (Ruismaker Noir + small midi controller...)

edited November 2018 in General App Discussion

Is there a simple way to use streambyter to expand the interval between notes in a given range by an arbitrary constant? I mean, without specifying the target value for each note.

My goal is to remap the small range of controllers like the seaboard block (24 semitones) to 5-6-7 octaves to make better use of Ruismaker Noir’s pitch modulation. So, eg, expanding the interval among notes in a 24 semitones range by values between 4-7.

I don’t care if what comes out of streambyter isn’t in a coherent key - I would use Rozeta scaler after streambyter for that.

(@brambos Down the road, any chance this kind of range expansion function could be added to Rozeta scaler to help with Noir?)

Comments

• I have no experience with streambyter, but what you want is to do is Note Out = Note In * 5 to cover the entire range with a 2 octave keyboard (assuming your lowest note = 0).

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

I have a script running now and will post in several minutes - it also contains debugging output of the incomming and outgoing notes to labels for convenient setup

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

... three hours later ....

I posted the script source on the Audeonic SteamByter forum and prepared an

SpreadNoteRange AB3 Preset

with StreamByter (including the script) and connected Ruismaker Noir. Additionally you can download an AUM project with the same content

In both variants, open up the StreamByter UI and press some keys on the hosts keyboard. The left label of SB-AU displays the incomming note number in hex and the right label the outgoing note (if current key was in range) or a hyphen. Read the supplied instuctions, adapt the minNote and maxNote to your contoller or keyboard and save the script.

The note-offs are also transformed into the new range. I enhanced the script to use up the whole range (lowest key sends note 0 and higest key note 127) by using fixed point math and rounding

• edited November 2018

Wow, thanks so much!! This script is a Noir opener!!! Scaler is a perfect intermediate too. :D

• Streambyter is frickin awesome.