Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy update

edited December 2013 in General App Discussion

Alchemy update on App Store.
That annoying red strip is still there on my phone when used with audiobus though.

Comments

• edited December 2013

And...

** XMAS SALE - 50% OFF Pro Upgrade till Dec 31st - Save, Export & Lots More Sounds! **

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alchemy-synth-mobile-studio/id432505977

• fjcblanco
    Forgot to post that extra info, thanks for adding it ;-)

• edited December 2013

** XMAS SALE - 50% OFF Pro Upgrade till Dec 31st - Save, Export & Lots More Sounds! **

• Improved IAA and AudioBus support
    • Improved MIDI CC overdubbing
    • Support for iOS 7.1
    • Various additional improvements

I hope the "support for iOS 7.1" means that it might be closer to release then I originally thought (around Feb 2014). From what I've read, it makes the iPad Air a lot more pleasant to use, as opposed to now where it can't even open and rotate a full screen picture in Apples own AppStore app without a lot of chugging and crashing.

• edited December 2013

We released this update today mainly because the AudioBus switching bug was extremely annoying.

Cubasis 1.7.1 is now able to load Alchemy Mobile directly, without any changes from us, so that's probably something Auria need to look at too.

We will have another update out early in the new year, I think that might remove the red strip from top of interface in record mode.

iOS 7.1 - we know as much as you do, but figured that is another reason to get this update out before Apple surprises us all (again ...).

Pro Upgrade sale runs until the 31st December.

• @ChrisG said:

I hope the "support for iOS 7.1" means that it might be closer to release then I originally thought (around Feb 2014). From what I've read, it makes the iPad Air a lot more pleasant to use, as opposed to now where it can't even open and rotate a full screen picture in Apples own AppStore app without a lot of chugging and crashing.

That should solve itself when you run out of beer...

• @ZenPunkHippy what is the "Lots more sounds" I don't see any new packs?

• The lots more sounds part is if you upgrade to pro if I am not mistaken. That also has the export and save part as well.

• @Trueyorky I think the "lots of new sounds" is talking about the extra sounds you get with the Pro version upgrade that aren't in the free version

• Yes, it's referring to the additional sounds with the Pro version.

• Is incredible com Camel Audio has managed to worsen IAA, before working almost fine, now does not work anymore: (

• What do you mean? Which app are you using with IAA?

• This is excellent, Alchemy is one of me all time favorites and I am so glad to have it working properly in Audiobus once again. It must be Christmas time. I like presents like this.

• Yep, tried with Cubasis. No joy right now :-(

• Using Audiobus ,Alchemy into Cubasis here and it is working like a charm. I am using OS 6.1 .

• edited December 2013

Hmm IAA with Alchemy worked fine for me in Cubasis.

FWIW I did a reset of my iPad before I tried it

Edit: I am on iPad 4 with 7.04

• OK will try reset. I'm on iPad Air 7.04

• edited December 2013

@ZenPunkHippy Cubasis

iOS 7.0.4

No IAA transport

Beatmaker 2

all clicks

• Took me a couple of tries but I got it to launch in Cubasis as an IAA generator in an Audio track. Hope Camel adds the instrument interface of IAA so we can can use it in a Cubasis midi track.

My congratulations for the IAA control panel in Alchemy Mobile! The move location icon and function is something every app should have, even AudioBus.

• Nothing to do….I force re-start my iPad 4 and DON'T WORKS :-(

• edited December 2013

Didn't you say that BM2 had no IAA problems?

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/36511#Comment_36511

• edited December 2013

It still takes 2 attempts to launch in any IAA host so nothing's changed for me in this update, a shame really as I was hoping for it to be the one thing this update resolved :(

Never mind hopefully it will be resolved in the next update fingers crossed.

Edit: This bug is repeatable every time I try it.

• @PaulB You are right...Now Alchemy after this update is the first to have problem with BM2…
    And I try more an more apps with IAA, new betas non in the store...

• Still not seeing Alchemy in my IAA list in Auria unfortunately. It was there at one time, but since he last update I've never seen it again.

Audiobus switching is much better now at least, thanks.

• Got pro version at last!

Now we need the All Sounds Pro Pack at half price...

• I just got the pro upgrade and am delighted with the lots of new sounds. What about the all sounds pack. Is it a worthwhile investment?

• Hey, The little Alchemy icon is still not showing in the AB tab on other apps. iOS 6.1.3

• No improvements using Alchemy as IAA node in Cubasis 1.7.1 under iOS 7.0.4 on iPad Air. I have to manually load/unload Alchemy six to ten times to etablish the IAA connection between Cubasis and Alchemy. No tempo sync. No Audiobus icon. Same shit as before.

I'm afraid that the main purpose of this update is to promote the Xmas Sale :-(

• @ZenPunkHippy what was the improved IAA support in the update ?

• Also how do I get background audio to stay on permanently rather that turning it on every time I launch the app ?

• @klangsulfat said:

I'm afraid that the main purpose of this update is to promote the Xmas Sale :-(

Awww, don't be scared. They did fix the audiobus problem for non IAA which I do not use anyway. Prior to the update I could not get it to work with Audiobus and now it works fine.
    It is just a glitch, give it some time to be worked out.