Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3 new features | transient detect, live stretching, AUv3 Midi

Comments

• thanks for the video

• Halfway in there you demonstrate how quick the workflow can be from recording a guitar scale to having Rozeta Collider jamming it. Good stuff.

• @gmslayton I've been hoping you might....off to have a gander....

• @kobamoto your welcome

@bleep thanks. I am sure I could have either made that part a separate video or named my video something different but I felt like it all went together.

@JohnnyGoodyear the new features are game changing for iOS and BM3. BM3 is the closest thing to Ableton simpler device we have, especially now that it has the detect feature.

• What BM3 AUv3 MIDI? What release level is this now?

Where's @Dawdles to explain if they got it right. You know they couldn't have.

• @McDtracy said:
    What BM3 AUv3 MIDI? What release level is this now?

Where's @Dawdles to explain if they got it right. You know they couldn't have.

Hehe, you need to say that name three times in the mirror for it to work now.

• Great job, Mitch. Super clear and inspiring, especially that tossed-off guitar figure!

• Over on the INTUA FORUM, they said they are working on the ability to record the midi from AUv3 midi. That’s pretty exciting.

@ExAsperis99 thanks. I was surprised at how well the guitar part turned out. I need to explore that more and make a track.

• Very good info here. Thank you.

• Does BM3 ever go on sale?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Does BM3 ever go on sale?

It was free once :)

• edited November 2018

@espiegel123 said:

🙄😳Uh oh.

• @espiegel123 said:

Black Friday is coming!

It looks like Intua (the company behind Beatmaker) has one product. I'll bet they need an influx of cash to fund these enhancements and bug fixes.

$25 for what it does seems fair to me. I'm just not convinced I need what it does but this demo showed me features I will definitely buy when I feel like I have the budget. Recording guitar notes and quickly making a new instrument works for my mindset after struggling with other more labor intense approaches and getting mixed results.

• @McDtracy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Black Friday is coming!

It looks like Intua (the company behind Beatmaker) has one product. I'll bet they need an influx of cash to fund these enhancements and bug fixes.

$25 for what it does seems fair to me. I'm just not convinced I need what it does but this demo showed me features I will definitely buy when I feel like I have the budget. Recording guitar notes and quickly making a new instrument works for my mindset after struggling with other more labor intense approaches and getting mixed results.

I certainly can attest to Bm3 value far exceeding its price. Too much has been made of some of its issues. It’s a brilliant app. Highly recommend it for anyone making sample based music.

• Exactly this. It’s supposed problems were blown so far out of proportion.

• edited November 2018

@WillieNegus said:

@McDtracy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Black Friday is coming!

I certainly can attest to Bm3 value far exceeding its price. Too much has been made of some of its issues. It’s a brilliant app. Highly recommend it for anyone making sample based music.

There is only one serious issue IMO. But that will be gone soon enough as Intua seem dedicated to making this app a professional tool beyond just being a dope sampler. ;)

As for the AU MIDI thing. Well I gotta say that's so trivial it's a non issue. There are certain upsides to how it currently works.

• @BroCoast said:

@WillieNegus said:

@McDtracy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Black Friday is coming!

There is only one serious issue IMO. But that will be gone soon enough as Intua seem dedicated to making this app a professional tool beyond just being a dope sampler. ;)

Whick is the one serious issue IYO?

• @AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@WillieNegus said:

@McDtracy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Black Friday is coming!

A certain audio glitch that is old news (has existed since release) and it will be fixed so there is no point going to hell and back again explaining what it is. I've done that before, posted examples and it achieved nothing except confusion. Some things are best discussed with the dev instead. ;)

Apologies for the evasive response.

• @BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@WillieNegus said:

@McDtracy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Black Friday is coming!

A certain audio glitch that is old news (has existed since release) and it will be fixed so there is no point going to hell and back again explaining what it is. I've done that before, posted examples and it achieved nothing except confusion. Some things are best discussed with the dev instead. ;)

Not at all, nuff said. I have only one quirk/bug regarding pattern based automation I would love ironed out. In fact it is really the only remaining workflow hickup for me now that overall stability is so good. The issue in question.... https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7164/splitting-patterns-breaks-pattern-automation-placement-merging-patterns-deletes-all-automation#latest

Anything beyond that (and the forthcoming confirmed AU midi recording) is bonus for me.

• @AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@WillieNegus said:

@McDtracy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Black Friday is coming!

Not at all, nuff said. I have only one quirk/bug regarding pattern based automation I would love ironed out. In fact it is really the only remaining workflow hickup for me now that overall stability is so good. The issue in question.... https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7164/splitting-patterns-breaks-pattern-automation-placement-merging-patterns-deletes-all-automation#latest

Anything beyond that (and the forthcoming confirmed AU midi recording) is bonus for me.

Yes I would love that to be fixed/improved too. I'm used to Ableton where automation moves with your clip. BM3 stays static to the timeline.

Intua are one of the most receptive companies/developers I have ever communicated with. It is very refreshing and as the app is complex it is hard to stay on top of all the quirks and bugs. 2019 will be a big year for this app as long as Apple don't completely destroy iOS as a music making platform.

• @BroCoast : It is interesting to hear someone say that Intua has been responsive in their communication. How have you managed to communicate with them. They have a reputation for being one of the harder companies to communicate with.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @BroCoast : It is interesting to hear someone say that Intua has been responsive in their communication. How have you managed to communicate with them. They have a reputation for being one of the harder companies to communicate with.

My guess is there was a period where they were overwhelmed with feature requests, bug reports and "general complaints/hate mail regarding the free period."

• @BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@WillieNegus said:

@McDtracy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Black Friday is coming!

Yes I would love that to be fixed/improved too. I'm used to Ableton where automation moves with your clip. BM3 stays static to the timeline.

Use pattern automation instead.

• edited November 2018

@Turntablist said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@WillieNegus said:

@McDtracy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Black Friday is coming!

Use pattern automation instead.

Sure that would work for drawing it in. But unless I am missing something, I cannot record pattern automation via a macro? I do most of my stuff by hand with a controller or the X/Y pad.

But that's a cool tip, thank you!

• edited November 2018

@BroCoast

If you use one of the various techniques for putting a particular pattern in loop (the easiest way is via scenes mode) then any automations you record will be stored in the pattern, instead of on the timeline.

I'm writing a chapter on automation for my guide/book and will aim to share this particular section before release, as automation is still widely misunderstood, even by experienced bm3 users such as yourself.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @BroCoast : It is interesting to hear someone say that Intua has been responsive in their communication. How have you managed to communicate with them. They have a reputation for being one of the harder companies to communicate with.

You just have to ask nicely. They always communicate, personally I've never seen any period where They don't communicate, check the audiobus forum. Some people take intua as not being here on tge AB forum and answering specific questions as no communication. I don't get it.

• @tk32 said:
    @BroCoast

If you use one of the various techniques for putting a particular pattern in loop (the easiest way is via scenes mode) then any automations you record will be stored in the pattern, instead of on the timeline.

I'm writing a chapter on automation for my guide/book and will aim to share this particular section before release, as automation is still widely misunderstood, even by experienced bm3 users such as yourself.

Thanks TK! That is great to hear. There always seems to be a way to do things, it just takes a different way of thinking.

@hansjbs said:

@espiegel123 said:

You just have to ask nicely. They always communicate, personally I've never seen any period where They don't communicate, check the audiobus forum. Some people take intua as not being here on tge AB forum and answering specific questions as no communication. I don't get it.

Yeah, I just use the secret email [email protected]

Oops ;)

• @BroCoast said:

@tk32 said:
    @BroCoast

Thanks TK! That is great to hear. There always seems to be a way to do things, it just takes a different way of thinking.

@hansjbs said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yeah, I just use the secret email [email protected]

Oops ;)

😂😂😂 yep that one.