Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One on Sale - 50% off (11/16/18)

13»

Comments

• edited November 2018

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    I'm also considering 3 things for the new update:

1. online presets library where users can share their patches.
    2. preset rating between 1-5 (this way 5 star presets become your favourites for instance), filter presets by rating. We could also store rating data online -> need a voting for this
    3. crossplatform cloud support-> done with your presets on iOS? -> sync to the cloud and use them on SynthMaster One desktop (Windows or Mac, also Android on the way), or vice versa -> work with your presets on the desktop -> sync them to the cloud and then you can use them on your iPad (and iPhone soon)

+1 for all these features. Recently, when my beta expired, I had to reinstall the public version and lost my user presets and favorites. It would have been ideal if I was able to restore my user presets, favorites, Bookmarks, ratings, etc from cloud sync. Also useful when we have to sync these on to another/new device or after a reset, etc. Would be useful when you release the IPhone version

Maybe you could use rating of 0 or 10 for Bookmarks bank. This temp bank is to quickly bookmark/shortlist presets while hunting for presets and later audition this bank to finalize selections and clear the bank once done. This bank will hold just shortcuts to presets similar to Favorites but NOT copies of presets like user banks. A more graceful solution is to allow to create MULTIPLE Bookmark banks instead of a single Bookmark bank. This way,we could create a Bookmarks bank for each project.

• edited November 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    BTW, who wants an iPhone version? the iPhone is way too small in my opinion, but I can still get a layout for the iPhone if there's really demand for it.

Yes, there is market for iPhone layout from users who don’t have iPads (eg: GB, SMP, FLSM, Poison-202, GeoShred, Kauldron, Zeeon, Module, Medly, Auxy, SampleTank, Music Studio, SoundCanvas, iFretless, GR-16, Sensual Sax, Jubal Flute, Noise, ThumbJam,, etc). Also useful when the iPad is not nearby or its battery is discharged. Since it is not a lot of work, better to release it at a lower priority and be done with it. Would be HUGE when you port SM1 to Android!! So, start with iOS. More success with iPhone version.

• edited November 2018

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    I'm also considering 3 things for the new update:

1. online presets library where users can share their patches.
    2. preset rating between 1-5 (this way 5 star presets become your favourites for instance), filter presets by rating. We could also store rating data online -> need a voting for this
    3. crossplatform cloud support-> done with your presets on iOS? -> sync to the cloud and use them on SynthMaster One desktop (Windows or Mac, also Android on the way), or vice versa -> work with your presets on the desktop -> sync them to the cloud and then you can use them on your iPad (and iPhone soon)

+1 for all these features. Recently, when my beta expired, I had to reinstall the public version and lost my user presets and favorites. It would have been ideal if I was able to restore my user presets, favorites, Bookmarks, ratings, etc from cloud sync. Also useful when we have to sync these on to another/new device or after a reset, etc. Would be useful when you release the IPhone version

Maybe you could use rating of 0 or 10 for Bookmarks bank. This temp bank is to quickly bookmark/shortlist presets while hunting for presets and later audition this bank to finalize selections and clear the bank once done. This bank will hold just shortcuts to presets similar to Favorites but NOT copies of presets like user banks. A more graceful solution is to allow to create MULTIPLE Bookmark banks instead of a single Bookmark bank. This way,we could create a Bookmarks bank for each project.

Or maybe ratings 6-10 for Bookmarks banks so we have 5 separate static/predefined Bookmarks banks. We’ll leave the design decision to you

• @MobileMusic said:
    It would have been ideal if I was able to restore my user presets, favorites, Bookmarks, ratings, etc from cloud sync. Also useful when we have to sync these on to another/new device or after a reset, etc. Would be useful when you release the IPhone version

and the android version as well in a year's time! :smiley:

Over the weekend I actually wrote a prototype app with C#, and the sync is working just fine! should take 2-3 days to port to c/c++.

• edited November 2018

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    BTW, who wants an iPhone version? the iPhone is way too small in my opinion, but I can still get a layout for the iPhone if there's really demand for it.

Yes, there is market for iPhone layout from users who don’t have iPads (eg: GB, SMP, FLSM, Poison-202, GeoShred, Kauldron, Zeeon, Module, Medly, Auxy, SampleTank, Music Studio, SoundCanvas, iFretless, GR-16, Sensual Sax, Jubal Flute, Noise, ThumbJam,, etc). Also useful when the iPad is not nearby or its battery is discharged. Since it is not a lot of work, better to release it at a lower priority and be done with it. Would be HUGE when you port SM1 to Android!! So, start with iOS. More success with iPhone version.

A tablet app without the mobile version is like a website without a responsive mobile version of it. By the way, mobile traffic on websites is peaking at more than 64% these days

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:
    It would have been ideal if I was able to restore my user presets, favorites, Bookmarks, ratings, etc from cloud sync. Also useful when we have to sync these on to another/new device or after a reset, etc. Would be useful when you release the IPhone version

and the android version as well in a year's time! :smiley:

Over the weekend I actually wrote a prototype app with C#, and the sync is working just fine! should take 2-3 days to port to c/c++.

Interesting!

• Btw, not necessarily recommending this, but I have heard a number of people comment (and have thought this myself) that there are synths on the iPad where some people would be happy to be able to use the synth on an iPhone without necessarily having convenient access to the full interface -- so that one can use patches that they created on their ipad for cases where using the iPhone as an extra synth would be handy.

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Did I read somewhere something about extra presets for registering it?

Yep. just click on the about tab, click on the register button and complete registration by entering your email and name. if you are a desktop user, enter your desktop serial as well.

Did this today - got the presets, all very good, but when I imported them it removed my user folder. My patches still seem to be there - but they're lumped in with the fqctory presets. Not a massive issue as I didn't have many, but it'd be a bigger deal if it happened in future when I'd built up a large bank of my own presets.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Btw, not necessarily recommending this, but I have heard a number of people comment (and have thought this myself) that there are synths on the iPad where some people would be happy to be able to use the synth on an iPhone without necessarily having convenient access to the full interface -- so that one can use patches that they created on their ipad for cases where using the iPhone as an extra synth would be handy.

That's what's on my mind too! We'll see what we can do on this. and coupled with the new cloud sync feature it'd be very very easy to use patches on the iPhone.

• edited November 2018

I’m having loads of issues with this since registering and updating the sound banks. As well as losing my own preset bank it was crashing out in AUM, and now it’s bombing out in standalone. Browsing presets seems very juddery - sounds distorting and cutting out when I load them.

I’m going to try a reinstall, see if that fixes it as reboot hasn’t helped.

Update: reinstall seems to have fixed it, but I’m back to 300 presets again.

@kv331audio_bulent - does the registration do anything to the app other than download the extra presets? I’ll try again, but it really mucked up the app for me after I did this.

• @MonzoPro said:
    @kv331audio_bulent - does the registration do anything to the app other than download the extra presets? I’ll try again, but it really mucked up the app for me after I did this.

No, registration only downloads and installs the factory preset bank file from the server.

Yes please! That would be excellent!

@MonzoPro said:

No, registration only downloads and installs the factory preset bank file from the server.

ok, thanks. I've reinstalled the extra bank, will see how it goes.

• @0__O__3 said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

Yes please! That would be excellent!

Hi, id love an iPhone version!

The plus size phones are very easy to use with a lot of my favourite apps (the way some devs deal with screen size is to have tabs/pages). Also, I find I’m doing a lot more sound design on my iPhone (whereas on the iPad I use DAWs)

• I already commented earlier, but yes please for iPhone! I’ll definitely buy once that happens. I’d be cool with the ‘craft presets on iPad, export them to iPhone’ approach if it proves unfeasible to get all the same functionality into the phone ui.

• @MonzoPro said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MonzoPro said:

ok, thanks. I've reinstalled the extra bank, will see how it goes.

Update: not getting any of the issues I had before so far, so maybe the previous download corrupted something somehow.

Enjoying the app now anyway.