Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatwave 3 updated, recorder, Files app for recordings etc

Actually was a couple days ago, but I forgot to post.

Comments

• Going to give this new version a real go now we can actually record out etc.

• Have any of you played with the instrument builder part of this? I haven’t gotten the IAP yet, and was curious as to how it works.
    Also, if you bought the IAP in the old BW version, were all the new features unlocked in this new version?

• @CracklePot said:
    Have any of you played with the instrument builder part of this? I haven’t gotten the IAP yet, and was curious as to how it works.
    Also, if you bought the IAP in the old BW version, were all the new features unlocked in this new version?

I did have the 'Pro' and it seems whatever is available in the new is fully available etc yes.

• edited November 2018

@CracklePot said:
    Have any of you played with the instrument builder part of this? I haven’t gotten the IAP yet, and was curious as to how it works.

Instrument builder lets you record or load .wav from Files app (or stock sounds, or iTunes file share)
    Trim it, loop it..then you have ADSR, choice of filter, two assignable LFOs with choice of wave shapes, and 2 fx...plenty of fun to be had.

• @JohnnyGoodyear @Littlewoodg
    Thank you. I am having a lot of fun already, but the IAP is calling out to me.
    :)

• I must have already paid for this once as I cannot see an IAP. Everything seems to be accessible. Just jumped here after reading this has Kaosillator style note recording so thought i would check it out. Is there anyway to disable the rather flamboyant grid animations?

• @gusgranite said:
    I must have already paid for this once as I cannot see an IAP. Everything seems to be accessible. Just jumped here after reading this has Kaosillator style note recording so thought i would check it out. Is there anyway to disable the rather flamboyant grid animations?

@gusgranite, that was me who commented about the kaosillator style note recording. Give it a go! The new keyboard is very similar to Figure with the different rhythms. I've been recording with one rhythm then swapping to other rhythms to record a few notes and you can easily come up with melodies and basslines of mixed rhythms. I'm creating stuff I would never have come up with by doing this!

I don't see anyway to disable the grid animations. I think you used to be able to do this on the previous version. The developer has been adding back a lot of the old functionality over the last few betas so hopefully he we will add this. I will ask the developer to include this.

• @bri77 said:

@gusgranite said:
    I must have already paid for this once as I cannot see an IAP. Everything seems to be accessible. Just jumped here after reading this has Kaosillator style note recording so thought i would check it out. Is there anyway to disable the rather flamboyant grid animations?

@gusgranite, that was me who commented about the kaosillator style note recording. Give it a go! The new keyboard is very similar to Figure with the different rhythms. I've been recording with one rhythm then swapping to other rhythms to record a few notes and you can easily come up with melodies and basslines of mixed rhythms. I'm creating stuff I would never have come up with by doing this!

I don't see anyway to disable the grid animations. I think you used to be able to do this on the previous version. The developer has been adding back a lot of the old functionality over the last few betas so hopefully he we will add this. I will ask the developer to include this.

It's funny, it has more stuff but it feels less than it was :) I am hopeful that he will continue to plug the gaps. Especially in the FX which I find lacking compared to what they were etc. Still interesting and I know folks on the beta are already reporting having the jazz pack back etc and no doubt there are other bits and bobs close to general release....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@bri77 said:

@gusgranite said:

It's funny, it has more stuff but it feels less than it was :) I am hopeful that he will continue to plug the gaps. Especially in the FX which I find lacking compared to what they were etc. Still interesting and I know folks on the beta are already reporting having the jazz pack back etc and no doubt there are other bits and bobs close to general release....

@JohnnyGoodyear, yeah i know what you mean :). While beta testing, I mentioned to the developer that a lot of stuff was missing from the previous version. The FX in particular.

His reply was this:

"As you've noticed, a few new changes and a few things have been removed. Beatwave 3 meant a complete redesign and implementation of the UI. So as a result some things haven't yet made it back in. Nothing is gone for good, but am using this beta period and initial release to understand / get a good idea of what people find important and then go from there."

I've requested the addition of more effects to each track like before. I hope other beta testers can request this.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Yeah, i agree , the FX section is the part that feels most incomplete in the update. All the manipulating of fx per track/instrument was really impressive in the last version. The x\y pads were great. Now all of that is gone .. hoping only temporarily.

• App mentioned in the App Store, but no link :(

• I found it.

People, pleaseeeee add always links into the App Store.

Beatwave by collect3 https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beatwave/id363718254?l=en&mt=8

Had this already, does not have enough MIDI, so deleted it.