Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Limiter AUv3... Recommendations?

Hey Guys.

I’m needing to find a limiting solution in AUv3 format.

I see that Amazing Noises have such an app. Before I take the plunge are there any other options I should consider?

Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

I see that Amazing Noises have such an app. Before I take the plunge are there any other options I should consider?

i only use the amazing noises limiter. its pretty nice.

• @sysexual said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys.

i only use the amazing noises limiter. its pretty nice.

I believe FAC Maxima can act as a limiter.or this one from DDMF.

• FAC Maxima would get my vote.

• @Tarekith said:
    FAC Maxima would get my vote.

Big fan of the sound of FAC Maxima too. Don’t have the others, though, so I can’t compare.

• I guess using a limiter with look ahead feature you will need it to communicate the latency to host. That would be a good feature to check when deciding.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I guess using a limiter with look ahead feature you will need it to communicate the latency to host. That would be a good feature to check when deciding.

Is there a host which supports this?

• @brambos said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I guess using a limiter with look ahead feature you will need it to communicate the latency to host. That would be a good feature to check when deciding.

Beatmaker 3 with its own Dynamics processor.

• edited November 2018

@brambos said:

@[Deleted User] said:

yep AUM I believe.. or maybe that was a future request. Can’t remember now 🤔 AUM does latency compensation, both for latency added by effects (if communicated), and for hardware round-trip latency when recording live audio. Just not sure now about the added latency of look-ahead feature of compressor and limiters.

• edited November 2018

If you want a "pure" and traditional limiter to contain some peaks, than DDMF No Limits is a good way to go. If you want to easily maximize loudness, FAC Maxima is a fantastic tool.

• Thanks guys.

Maxima doing a lovely job. Cheers.

• I had a weak signal piano and started with Maxima and still couldn't pull it up to parity with other pianos SF2's. I got Amazing Noises Limiter and it could drive the signal into the A-B comparison range.

I think Maxima is a cleaner effect product but for amplifying a low volume signal "Limiter" works better. Of course, I could have been using Maxima incorrectly but the fact that I could also tells you something I think. Many AUv3's are hard to learn... Amazing Noises Apps seem to be easy and have excellent Presets to show their capabilities to get you close faster.

• I was going to suggest Maxima, but you already beat me to the punch @SpookyZoo . :lol:

• @McDtracy said:
    I had a weak signal piano and started with Maxima and still couldn't pull it up to parity with other pianos SF2's. I got Amazing Noises Limiter and it could drive the signal into the A-B comparison range.

I think Maxima is a cleaner effect product but for amplifying a low volume signal "Limiter" works better. Of course, I could have been using Maxima incorrectly but the fact that I could also tells you something I think. Many AUv3's are hard to learn... Amazing Noises Apps seem to be easy and have excellent Presets to show their capabilities to get you close faster.

You have to decrease the threshold, simple as that :)
    Thank you all for the nice words about Fac Maxima, really appreciated!

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    You have to decrease the threshold (on Maxima), simple as that :)
    Thank you all for the nice words about Fac Maxima, really appreciated!

I'm pretty sure I decreased the threshold but I have found other uses for Limiter to add warm saturation. All these FX Apps are little gems in the toolbox when you get bored with the same old sounds.

What's really nice was when I checked on the recent FAC FX Bundle I picked up Transient, Envolver and Chorus for $4 because I had purchased Maxima at $retail. That was a really nice customer satisfaction bonus Fred.

I just put Transient on an acoustic drum track this week and it totally changed the room the drummer was playing in... I need to try routing Soft Drummer through it sometime and maybe a lot of other "boomy/noisy" acoutic simulation apps.

Maybe next year I'll get around to figuring out what magic envolver can do... So much to learn.

• @Turntablist said:

@brambos said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Beatmaker 3 with its own Dynamics processor.

Almost the worst comp ever. I say almost because Cubasis is worse. :D

• @McDtracy said:
    What's really nice was when I checked on the recent FAC FX Bundle I picked up Transient, Envolver and Chorus for $4 because I had purchased Maxima at $retail. That was a really nice customer satisfaction bonus Fred.

I just put Transient on an acoustic drum track this week and it totally changed the room the drummer was playing in... I need to try routing Soft Drummer through it sometime and maybe a lot of other "boomy/noisy" acoutic simulation apps.

Maybe next year I'll get around to figuring out what magic envolver can do... So much to learn.

Very glad to read that! Really appreciated!

• I tried "Transient" on LumBeat's "Soft Drummer" and it made it "Hard". The snares really pop and the rods are like rim-shots.

• @McDtracy said:

I tried "Transient" on LumBeat's "Soft Drummer" and it made it "Hard". The snares really pop and the rods are like rim-shots.

B)