Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight features request - POLL added!!

edited November 2018 in General App Discussion

Here are some of the StageLight requests I already mostly made to Openlabs team, feel free to add yours, this can make things easier for them to have everything in one thread:

• Link
  • AU midi
  • IAA and Audiobus in/out/midi
  • Recording midi though AU instruments interfaces like iFretless bass, Roli Noise apps...
  • advanced non destructive audio edition with snap to grid selection, reverse etc for cool and creative audio mangling
  • slicing with transient detection, ADSR, levels, pans, reverse, etc... pads playing (and also export to drum pattern)
  • copy paste of automation portions with snap to grid selection
  • clips/parts with individual audio levels
  • tools/navigation improvements in timeline view for making arrangements.
  • AU graphics icons and search function for external plugins
  • recording of real-time midi CC automations on timeline/loop builder for further edition.
  • adding midi notes for midi learn
  • add pre length loop for audio recording in loop builder for easier live looping
  • adding A/B locators for punch in punch out recordings in timeline biew
  • have light/dark styles. Multiple themes with different colors palette tonalities for clips could be cool too
Which features wish you to see being added to Stagelight
  1. Most wanted feature choice 166 votes
    1. Link
      27.27%
    2. AU midi
      28.79%
    3. IAA and Audiobus
      21.21%
    4. Advanced audio edition and slicing
      15.15%
    5. Live playing/midi control features
        4.55%
    6. Graphics and interface enhancements
        3.03%
  2. Most wanted feature choice 266 votes
    1. Link
      24.24%
    2. AU midi
      31.82%
    3. IAA and Audiobus
      12.12%
      10.61%
      15.15%
        6.06%
  3. Most wanted feature choice 366 votes
    1. Link
      16.67%
    2. AU midi
      12.12%
    3. IAA and Audiobus
      30.30%
      24.24%
        9.09%
        7.58%

Comments

• @Janosax Trying to scare the devs ? :p
    Maybe make that list as poll and up to 3 votes.
    I am sure many users would like all features ,but limiting the votes helps the devs to focus on specific features.
    If someone thinks of something that's not in the list and is more important can post here and add it :)

• @Korakios said:
    @Janosax Trying to scare the devs ? :p
    Maybe make that list as poll and up to 3 votes.
    I am sure many users would like all features ,but limiting the votes helps the devs to focus on specific features.
    If someone thinks of something that's not in the list and is more important can post here and add it :)

Great idea, poll added. Hope this helps @MatthewAtStagelight ;)

• Don't see the poll

• @greengrocer said:
    Don't see the poll

That's strange, I even voted... I redo it, hope it's just a bug.

• edited November 2018

@greengrocer said:
    Don't see the poll

Fixed :) Not sure for the poll form for three choices however.

• Wow! Thanks for doing this!

• @Janosax said:

@greengrocer said:
    Don't see the poll

I thought the AB forum would provide an easy way to allow up to 3 votes , now it's a bit confusing , but many thanks @Janosax

• edited November 2018

@Korakios said:

@Janosax said:

@greengrocer said:
    Don't see the poll

I thought the AB forum would provide an easy way to allow up to 3 votes , now it's a bit confusing , but many thanks @Janosax

Yes I know it’s a bit hard to read... but we should think that choice 1 is what come to voters mind first, at this time it’s Link. AU midi and IAA/AB are not very far away. In second choice, AU midi is the winner in large proportion. There are also good asks for audio/slicing, and a little bit for live playing and graphics/interface. It’s also possible to add items scores to make averages. All of this seems to give some interesting indication. Let’s see how this evolves with more voices.

@MatthewAtStagelight said:
    Wow! Thanks for doing this!

You’re welcome, that could benefit everyone, devs/users :)

• MPE support?

• @pauly said:
    MPE support?

It has some MPE support already.

• None of the things listed are as fundamental as tempo changes.

• @Multicellular said:
    None of the things listed are as fundamental as tempo changes.

Actually - you’re right.

• I’d like to see Ableton Live Export

• MIDI stretching, like Auria Pro and Abelton.

• edited November 2018

A nice feature I didn’t thinked before for SL, is follow actions in loop builder. It already have scenes ones, but having clips follow actions with next/previous/first/other/last could be really cool too.

• This is inspired! What a brilliant idea to do a poll for feature requests (and of three choices). Ace
    And the dev likes it. This is the future. Well done @Janosax @Korakios

• @realdawei suggested Pitch Correction. GB is the only DAW that does it respectably. I would also love to see this feature make it in @MatthewAtStagelight

• edited November 2018

Reverse pattern, change pattern speed would be cool :)
    (Edit : midi stuff)

• edited November 2018

@Korakios said:

You can already change audio patterns speed by changing pattern tempo, same for pitch :)

What we really need in that window is a reverse button. Then by splitting audio part, and applying various parameters and enveloppes automation per part in arrangement mode that could be pretty awesome. Add to this the ability to join parts and it will be really cooool, as we can already copy/paste between loopbuilder/timeline modes B)

• Transpose for pattern (loops) would be helpful too.

• edited November 2018

I want to see the following for SL on and above the ones mentioned:

1. An editable audio track from the freeze function or a copy track to audio (preferable).
    2. Better onscreen key input options like the 64 pads with selectable scales per instrument as in BM3.
    3. Full midi seperate stem track output (not in any iOS DAW as far as I know).
  • Part consolidation - create a new part with all of the currently playing loops.

• Background audio!

• A CPU meter visible somewhere on the main screen would be nice even if you have to toggle it with the timecode display.

• @Janosax said:

@Korakios said:

You can already change audio patterns speed by changing pattern tempo, same for pitch :)

What we really need in that window is a reverse button. Then by splitting audio part, and applying various parameters and enveloppes automation per part in arrangement mode that could be pretty awesome. Add to this the ability to join parts and it will be really cooool, as we can already copy/paste between loopbuilder/timeline modes B)

My fault, I meant midi patterns (well audio isn't a pattern isn't it??!!)

• edited November 2018

@Korakios said:

@Janosax said:

@Korakios said:

My fault, I meant midi patterns (well audio isn't a pattern isn't it??!!)

Well my fault as I thinked you were referring to audio clip when using pattern word :D Written language interpretation joy!!

Personnaly I tend to call them audio and midi clips, too used to Live certainly.

So you mean you want reversing/inverting/etc for midi patterns? Could be cool for sure :smile:

Edit: BTW audio could be a pattern if it’s a melodic one for example, but this is more instrument playing related and not the correct word for DAW items like audio clips/parts.

• edited November 2018

@hacked_to_pieces said:
    A CPU meter visible somewhere on the main screen would be nice even if you have to toggle it with the timecode display.

Tap on StageLight logo and tada!!!! Audio input/output level sensitive red « leds » and cpu meter!! Being able to cycling though various true meters « à la AUM » could be even cooler.

• Background audio is huge!! And like @Multicellular said some mid song tempo change would really help, especially since it’s designed to be cross platform.

I didn’t know we can’t map midi notes. That would make a huge difference if I wanted to trigger clips from my launchpad pro or novation circuit. Seeing how it seems like it might be great for live, this may be a huge deal moving forward for “live looping”

I hope to get around to more this weekend, I’ve only messed with it a little.

• @Janosax said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:
    A CPU meter visible somewhere on the main screen would be nice even if you have to toggle it with the timecode display.

Tap on StageLight logo and tada!!!! Audio input/output level sensitive red « leds » and cpu meter!! Being able to cycling though various true meters « à la AUM » could be even cooler.

@Janosax thanks found it, do you know where it is on the iphone ?

• edited November 2018

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@Janosax said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@Janosax thanks found it, do you know where it is on the iphone ?

You have to lowering scaling in general settings if you don’t see StageLight logo.