Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Outta Bass iOS App. from FSRS apps

Comments

• Is there a way to just have a plain Black background instead of the star field?

• Hi Everyone,
    Beta got approved overnight and invites have just gone out.

I'm struggling with one issue (IAA host reconnecting to previously disconnected Outta Bass instance), check the 'what to test' notes in test flight for details.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    Is there a way to just have a plain Black background instead of the star field?

Not currently, though I've warmed up to the idea of different backgrounds. Pure black looked kind of strange, There needs to be something behind the UI as its all transparent. Perhaps though it should just be fully customisable.

• @FSR said:

@JudgeDredd said:

Not currently, though I've warmed up to the idea of different backgrounds. Pure black looked kind of strange, There needs to be something behind the UI as its all transparent. Perhaps though it should just be fully customisable.

I know some of us are deeply trivial people (self), but the background thingie is a big thingie.

• Hey
    I Can’t see on Cubasis IAA (instrument, effect..)

• @FSR said:

@JudgeDredd said:

Pure black would be plain better than what we currently have, honestly.
    Maybe dark Grey...

• I love the background the way it is but I concur that having the option to change it would be grand :)

• @kobamoto said:
    I love the background the way it is but I concur that having the option to change it would be grand :)

+1

• Not one App I can remember about has some image as background ;)

Also, I am one of those who would never use a background image on desktop.
    I mostly change this to a middle Grey or light blue.

Other backgrounds just massively distract and irritate me.
    I'm old :p

• I like the space background too .. will play nice along that Space Vibe app

• @rafaelollero said:
    Hey

OK, thats probably due to OB being an IAA generator - I think that means in cubasis you'll need to feed midi from a seperate track.

• @tja said:
    Not one App I can remember about has some image as background ;)

ha ha well at least I've pioneered something then.
    I hear you

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@kobamoto said:
    I love the background the way it is but I concur that having the option to change it would be grand :)

+1

+1

• I like the background as it is. B)

But if you make it black, it could make this look similar to SpaceCraft.
    And it seems that mostly everybody is crazy for SpaceCraft .

• @FSR said:

@rafaelollero said:
    Hey

OK, thats probably due to OB being an IAA generator - I think that means in cubasis you'll need to feed midi from a seperate track.

I have a midi bass track and I want to use OB as instrument, will be possible soon?

• @rafaelollero said:
    I have a midi bass track and I want to use OB as instrument, will be possible soon?

that should be possible now via virtual midi

IAA Instrument - sends MIDI & audio down the same channel.
    IAA Generator - sends audio on one channel, MIDI on another

• @rafaelollero said:

@FSR said:

@rafaelollero said:
    Hey

You can already do it OB receives midi. In Cubase put OB as an audio track. Insert a midi track in the output select
    OB. I think you will also need to turn background audio on in OB. I just tried it so I know it works on an Air2 running lastest ios.

• AUM doesn’t see it in the IAA list

• @RJB said:
    AUM doesn’t see it in the IAA list

Does for me. Driving it with Rozeta Bass.

• @RJB said:

It's named wrong it shows up as AudioOut and OUTTA BASS is listed as the company name above.

It's named wrong it shows up as AudioOut and OUTTA BASS is listed as the company name above.

Interesting. The information you see there is comes from this IAA config in OB:

you can see how the name has been processed by AUM for display.
    The apps I have do it both ways. (same show a manufacturer name, some show the app name).

• Awesome, thanks for the clarification👌

@RJB said:

Thanks for this.

• This may have been covered, but I can't get it to make any sound at all. I press the keyboard, the sound icon activates/moves, but no sound. Deleted and reinstalled - nothing. This must be user error. What am I doing wrong?

• @Chaztrip said:
    Another question maybe I missed. Is there a latch or hold button feature. This is useful when playing at times. Great sounding app though!!!

+1

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Amazing App. Here’s my AppJam with it

Wow. This sound just from Apps... I would say hardware, if not knowing. I love it!

• @Pietruccio said:

@Chaztrip said:
    Another question maybe I missed. Is there a latch or hold button feature. This is useful when playing at times. Great sounding app though!!!

+1

Yeah would be a good add. In the vid i just to hold it down

• @Max_Free said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Amazing App. Here’s my AppJam with it

Wow. This sound just from Apps... I would say hardware, if not knowing. I love it!

Thanks

• @FSR
    Was curious if you were still beta testing this (would be happy to help if so),, or had any updates coming soon? Was going to check this out last year, but it seemed like folks were still having some troubles ...

• @Thardus said:
    @FSR
    Was curious if you were still beta testing this (would be happy to help if so),, or had any updates coming soon? Was going to check this out last year, but it seemed like folks were still having some troubles ...

!!