Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat Twirl?

Any Beat Twirl users here? If so, I have some questions:

1) can it export loops with slice markers that are seen as loops in other apps like BeatHawk and GarageBand?

2) is it stable(ish)?

Comments

• I am curious about this app, too.
    I have ReSlice, and BM3 (but haven’t tried the transient detect slicing yet).

Does this offer something more, or different, or (doubtful) better?

• No slice markers like acid or apple loops

It’s pretty stable.

If you already have ReSlice and bm3 probably not really worth getting this too, but this was out ages before either of those.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    No slice markers like acid or apple loops

It’s pretty stable.

If you already have ReSlice and bm3 probably not really worth getting this too, but this was out ages before either of those.

Great advice. Thank you. :)

• Wait, this isn't where we're having the twirling competition? I need to go change...

• Thanks for the info. No slice markers but do you know if it can export with tempo info so that GarageBand or Beathawk see it as a loop (even if it lacks the slice markers).

@BiancaNeve said:

It’s pretty stable.

• edited November 2018

• edited November 2018

@CracklePot said:

@BiancaNeve said:

It’s pretty stable.

Beat Twirl is an oldie but goldie - the interface looks a bit 'special', but imho it's well designed and zooms very smooth with extreme precision.
    You may load a file and set the in-slice/out-slice markers (which define the loop boundary) to different regions to generate different loops and slice sets.
    It can alter speed/tuning if required, add percussion sounds to marker positions and can quickly assign slices to a virtual keyboard.
    After auto detection one can modify some details at high resolution and add/remove markers. May take a small amount of time to get used to the dial-interface, which has it's strength in high zoom levels.
    ps: reference http://tivstudio.com/node/36

• @Telefunky said:

@CracklePot said:

@BiancaNeve said:

It’s pretty stable.

Beat Twirl is an oldie but goldie - the interface looks a bit 'special', but imho it's well designed and zooms very smooth with extreme precision.
    You may load a file and set the in-slice/out-slice markers (which define the loop boundary) to different regions to generate different loops and slice sets.
    It can alter speed/tuning if required, add percussion sounds to marker positions and can quickly assign slices to a virtual keyboard.
    After auto detection one can modify some details at high resolution and add/remove markers. May take a small amount of time to get used to the dial-interface, which has it's strength in high zoom levels.
    ps: reference http://tivstudio.com/node/36

Telefunky: are you able to export the files so that other apps see the slice markers and that the files re loops?

• edited November 2018

Never tried that, as markers aren't a standard file item (they are optional).
    But if you set the loop boundary (by in/out slice) in Beat Twirl it can export that region as a bunch of slices in a zip file.
    If you import them one after the other into your target app (snap to region) you'll get at least a similiar thing that's probably more convenient to handle... it depends on what you're after.

• Thanks. I've sent a query to the d v. Hopefully he'll respond. For my use case, I need the slice markers and loop in a single file rather than separate files for each slice.

@Telefunky said:
    Never tried that, as markers aren't a standard file item (they are optional).
    But if you set the loop boundary (by in/out slice) in Beat Twirl it can export that region as a bunch of slices in a zip file.
    If you import them one after the other into your target app (snap to region) you'll get at least a similiar thing that's probably more convenient to handle... it depends on what you're after.

• Does Beat Twirl export to AudioShare? It only says Audiocopy, iTunes files and email in the appstore.

• The 2nd picture in the app store shows 'Open in..." as the rightmost item for export.
    Works smooth with Audioshare (and other apps).
    @espiegel123 maybe the dev can do something about it, but it's very unlikely the function exists atm because it would be mentioned (as a rare function) in the app description.

• Cheers- that thought had been putting me off it. I am guessing I’m not the only one.

• I heard from the dev and confirmed that slice markers aren't exported though he will look into it.

I am still unclear as to whether file exports with loop points at beginning and end and tempo information that allow BeatHawk and GarageBand to see the files as loops.