Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need some chilllll time? Try out our new sonic meditation app ChillScape 🎈

Hey guys.

This is app #1 of our new "an app a month" release schedule. A departure from the sort of apps we usually make but thought some of you might find it interesting (next months app will be for the music makers, I promise!)

ChillScape is an interactive audio/visual experience based on sound therapy principles designed to help slow heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of stress hormones. The audio is generated and changes over time as you interact which creates a

For those of you who are interested check it out here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1441147066

Cheers,
Alex

Comments

• Looks cool. I think I will check it out. Thanks

• @Redo1 said:
    Looks cool. I think I will check it out. Thanks

Please leave a review if you like it ^_^ ... it's really important for us!

• Looks really interesting. The short demo on the AppStore page sounds really good.
    $1 launch price is an incredible deal. I think I will pass. ;)

Really tho, just bought one. Time to chill. B)

• Just did my first 10 minute session.
    Blissful, indeed.
    Time stood still momentarily.

10 minutes seemed really short. Going to try 20 minutes in a little while.

• Love that you took those suggestions of generative music into consideration. Thanks for that!

• Very nice.

Do you mind me asking what synth/equipment you used to create that continuous background drone?

• @CracklePot said:
    Just did my first 10 minute session.
    Blissful, indeed.
    Time stood still momentarily.

10 minutes seemed really short. Going to try 20 minutes in a little while.

Great - glad you enjoyed :)

@mungbeans said:
    Very nice.

Do you mind me asking what synth/equipment you used to create that continuous background drone?

It's made up of 6 layers that undulate:

• Sub bass note
    • Bass note on various synths
    • 2x Chords on various pads
    • 2x Ambient noise loops - white noise, running water etc
  • Hmmm. I just purchased the app and it displays the startup screen for about 6 seconds then disappears. Rebooted and have same issue. I am on a 2017 iPad Pro with iOS 11.2.6. Any suggestions?

• iPad 2017 iOS 10.3. App just shows picture and makes no sound !
    Not very chilling!
    More like Frustrating

• iPad Pro 2017 iOS 12.1
    works like a champ!

• I am on iPad Air 2. 12.1.
    Working great here as well.

• @Alex fox said:
    Hey guys.

This is app #1 of our new "an app a month" release schedule. A departure from the sort of apps we usually make but thought some of you might find it interesting (next months app will be for the music makers, I promise!)

ChillScape is an interactive audio/visual experience based on sound therapy principles designed to help slow heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of stress hormones. The audio is generated and changes over time as you interact which creates a

For those of you who are interested check it out here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1441147066

Cheers,
    Alex

This app helps wrangle in my mind when my mind is racing. I love it. :) Great work mate.

• @shamanmoon said:
    Hmmm. I just purchased the app and it displays the startup screen for about 6 seconds then disappears. Rebooted and have same issue. I am on a 2017 iPad Pro with iOS 11.2.6. Any suggestions?

@at2 said:
    iPad 2017 iOS 10.3. App just shows picture and makes no sound !
    Not very chilling!
    More like Frustrating

Oh no, sorry! I did test on several iPads, would you guys be up for trying a fix via testflight?

• Trying a fix via Testflight ..... yes sure!
    What's your email Alex?

• @at2 said:
    Trying a fix via Testflight ..... yes sure!
    What's your email Alex?

I have just managed to reproduce the bug so I won't need you to test it - thanks anyway tho :)

It seems to be a problem with iOS 11.2 or lower .. currently working on a fix, will submit to apple today!

• @Alex fox Hi Alex, do you want me to make a video?

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Alex fox Hi Alex, do you want me to make a video?

Yes of course, I would have been in touch but it's not really "music making" so I wasn't sure if you'd be into it!

• @Alex fox I sent you a private message here yesterday

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Alex fox I sent you a private message here yesterday

Ah yes sorry, code inbound :star:

• @shamanmoon @at2
    FYI there is a 1.0.1 update available which should fix your launch screen hang. The problem was with any device running iOS 11.3.x or lower.

• Bought it and my first session caused my to fall asleep for three hours lol.
    Really glad to see some of my favorite devs back in action.

• @lairdhenn said:
    Bought it and my first session caused my to fall asleep for three hours lol.
    Really glad to see some of my favorite devs back in action.

haha great to hear (unless you were driving or cooking haha). Something more music maker focussed coming up next

• Hi Alex, updated and I have got audio now on iOS 10.3.......sounds good
    What is Health Kit ? When I press enable the app crashes!
    Also do you have any plans for audiobus or iaa output?

• @at2 said:
    Hi Alex, updated and I have got audio now on iOS 10.3.......sounds good
    What is Health Kit ? When I press enable the app crashes!
    Also do you have any plans for audiobus or iaa output?

Oh, it must not be available on iPad. It's an Apple app that tracks your steps etc. You can also plug in other apps data, e.g. mindfulness minutes. I'll have to hide that option if on iPad.

No plans for AB at the moment - figured no one would really want to use it.. as you can't really control the sound much etc..

• Oh I think people would use it. I like the way the sounds change when you reach the next level of bubble popping, that's great.

• If not Audiobus, maybe just an internal recorder with Files App saving?
    Either one would work for me, if one is easier than the other.

Honestly, I can record any app with my audio device and AUM, and do it all the time. This feature request is just to make it more convenient for myself. I actually would like to check out what you all are cooking up for future release. The clues you have left on other threads have me very interested.

• There should be a start and sleep mode too. Expecting me to pop bubbles while drifting off is counter "chill".

• @CracklePot said:
    If not Audiobus, maybe just an internal recorder with Files App saving?
    Either one would work for me, if one is easier than the other.

Honestly, I can record any app with my audio device and AUM, and do it all the time. This feature request is just to make it more convenient for myself. I actually would like to check out what you all are cooking up for future release. The clues you have left on other threads have me very interested.

Sure, you can join our beta program here (https://goo.gl/forms/kzo6H0dF5MA6aHkF3) and join our discord here (https://discord.gg/5Cjanx)

@McDtracy said:
    There should be a start and sleep mode too. Expecting me to pop bubbles while drifting off is counter "chill".

Yes that'd be nice

• I’ll put my demo for ChillScape here in case anyone missed the thread it was in yesterday

I’d like to see Landscape mode too😎

• @McDtracy said:
    There should be a start and sleep mode too. Expecting me to pop bubbles while drifting off is counter "chill".

Maybe I am wrong, but I think that would be „against“ the principles of this kind of technique. The app loosely resembles a guided meditation which requires you to concentrate on a single point to „feel your presence“. There has been a similar app called „Pause“ a couple of years ago, I think.