Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recommend me an EQ

Right now, I'm torn between Klev's GotoEq and 4Pockets' Parametric EQ. Klev's kinda pricey, and I hope that translates as quality but I see a handful of folks with it (although I see no app reviews).
What do ya'll think?

Comments

• Fabfilters eq is way above others

• edited November 2018

GotoEQ and Pro-Q2 are not universal, but they are the best two out there when using an iPad.

Otherwise if universal AU is the goal, Blue Mangoo's Parametric Equalizer is pretty nice. If @lucas can get it back in the appstore, GooseEQ may be another option, although it IS a subscription app (uh oh, controversy!!! 😂). However, $3.49/year ain't shit, and you do get 7 days free to try it out. And, I'd rather pay the subscription for that than use 4Pockets' limited Parametric EQ.

• edited November 2018

Anything other than Goose is loose.

• Gotoeq is fantastic. ProQ2 is the absolute best.

• edited November 2018

There's also DDMF 6144.

Others I don't know about, but have saved in a wish list, include Flux EQ and Parametric Equalizer (I don't use an iPad for music, generally, so don't have any Fabfilter).

• Thanks, folks.
    Yeah, Fabfilter is way out my pockets for an iOS EQ. Totally forgot about DDMF, thanks @vitocorleone123
    Hey, @jwmmakerofmusic , you say the 4pockets para is limited, I hear you, but would you say that about their graphic eq?
    I'm still torn between the 4Pockets (Graphic not Para), GotoEq, and now DDMF 6144.

• ...> @ph8aerror said:

Right now, I'm torn between Klev's GotoEq and 4Pockets' Parametric EQ. Klev's kinda pricey, and I hope that translates as quality but I see a handful of folks with it (although I see no app reviews).
    What do ya'll think?

By far the best price/performance ratio can be had with the Toneboosters EQ inside Audio Evolution, if you don't mind using it or just use it as an audio edit and montage tool.
    I have yet to find something this little beast cannot do ;)

• edited November 2018

Just purchased 4 pockets graphic. It is ok. Infortunately you can’t save user presets. Nice ui.

• @ph8aerror said:
    Thanks, folks.
    Yeah, Fabfilter is way out my pockets for an iOS EQ. Totally forgot about DDMF, thanks @vitocorleone123
    Hey, @jwmmakerofmusic , you say the 4pockets para is limited, I hear you, but would you say that about their graphic eq?
    I'm still torn between the 4Pockets (Graphic not Para), GotoEq, and now DDMF 6144.

Been looking for one of those actually. I might snag that one for my collection, lol.

• Fabfilter EQ for iOS is by far the best, to be honest if you tend to cut rather than boost (which is preferable) any digital EQ with a decent GUI will do the job.

• @Gilbert said:
    Just purchased 4 pockets graphic. It is ok. Infortunately you can’t save user presets. Nice ui.

I can save user presets in AUM. I like the 4Pockets fx. Solid bread and butter fx which is often what I’m looking for, to add some spice. Spicy bread and butter... :D

• Zmors Eq ....also Auv3 .. does its job

AUFX peakq.. ( IAA , so can use only one instance), and has a decent spectrum analyser

of course there's proq2( not universal)..absolute beast .. i have it in Auria

the ones I use most frequently for simple eqing are zmors and DDMF 6144

• Anyone else can compare GotoEq and and DDMF 6144.

• @ph8aerror said:
    Anyone else can compare GotoEq and and DDMF 6144.

I don't have an in depth comparison but to my ears, gotoeq sounds miles better.

• @ph8aerror said:
    Anyone else can compare GotoEq and and DDMF 6144.

GoTo EQ is kilometres better.

• edited November 2018

Oh. That's another EQ only for iPad. No wonder I hadn't really paid attention to it. :) It's one reason I don't buy stuff from that developer.

That's OK, though. Between 6144 and the built-in AUM EQ for low/high pass, I don't need much more as I'll EQ on the PC.

• edited November 2018

Blue Mangoo AU EQ

• @vitocorleone123 yeah, tbh I don't make music on my iPhone so it's no big deal. Universal iOS apps used to be mandatory for me but 3 years in and I have not done anything on the phone.
    @sysexual @oat_phipps I think you helped me make the decision. Cheers.

• So everyone agree GF, GotoEQ and Kleverb being cant-go-wrongs?

• @WillieNegus said:
    So everyone agree GF, GotoEQ and Kleverb being cant-go-wrongs?

most definitely.

• @ph8aerror said:
    @vitocorleone123 yeah, tbh I don't make music on my iPhone so it's no big deal. Universal iOS apps used to be mandatory for me but 3 years in and I have not done anything on the phone.
    @sysexual @oat_phipps I think you helped me make the decision. Cheers.

Make sure to take a look at the manual to have the Pultec effect explained for you if you haven't heard of it. It's like one paragraph. The basic idea is both boosting and attenuating the bass frequencies and you end up with a unique notch that cuts out a lot of muddiness going into the low midrange.