Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sync electribe with gadget / AUM / Ab3

So I wanna sync my tribe with the iPad, specifically with gadget and AUM or Ab3...i have the camera connection kit and a focusrite audio interface, what all do I need as far as cables and hard ware to do this ?
The electribe has midi out but its a 3.5' mm Jack, so I don't know what I need to route it to the cck.
Thank ya!

Comments

• You'll need to use MIDI in on the electribe, either to connect your iPad or MIDI from the Focusrite (if it has it). What Focusrite do you have?

• @reasOne said:
    So I wanna sync my tribe with the iPad, specifically with gadget and AUM or Ab3...i have the camera connection kit and a focusrite audio interface, what all do I need as far as cables and hard ware to do this ?
    The electribe has midi out but its a 3.5' mm Jack, so I don't know what I need to route it to the cck.
    Thank ya!

I would enable MIDI clock send on the Electribe and let Gadget receive the clock so it follows the Electribe's transport. Enable external sync in Gadget.
    Connect the Electribe MIDI out to the Focusrite MIDI in. (I don't think the Electribe USB MIDI is class compliant)
    The little 3.5mm to MIDI adapters from KORG often break, fyi.

AUM won't listen to MIDI clock, you'll need ApeMatrix for that.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    You'll need to use MIDI in on the electribe, either to connect your iPad or MIDI from the Focusrite (if it has it). What Focusrite do you have?

@rs2000

I have the Scarlett 2i2, it actually does not have any midi, so will I need like a USB midi hub of sorts to connect to the camera kit?

• edited November 2018

@reasOne said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    You'll need to use MIDI in on the electribe, either to connect your iPad or MIDI from the Focusrite (if it has it). What Focusrite do you have?

@rs2000

I have the Scarlett 2i2, it actually does not have any midi, so will I need like a USB midi hub of sorts to connect to the camera kit?

I would first connect the Electribe USB to the CCK and check if it's recognized as a MIDI interface on the iPad. Setting Global > Clock Mode to Auto should also send MIDI clock over USB.
    If not, it's probably more efficient to get an interface with MIDI, they're almost in the same price range.

• @rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

@vitocorleone123 said:

@rs2000

I would first connect the Electribe USB to the CCK and check if it's recognized as a MIDI interface on the iPad. Setting Global > Clock Mode to Auto should also send MIDI clock over USB.
    If not, it's probably more efficient to get an interface with MIDI, they're almost in the same price range.

Electribe usb DOES NOT work as midi interface on iOS.

• edited November 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

@vitocorleone123 said:

@rs2000

Electribe usb DOES NOT work as midi interface on iOS.

Firstly you need one of these (or 2, 1 each for MIDI IN and OUT)
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Korg-Electribe-2-SQ-1-3-5mm-1-8-MIDI-adapter-dongle-cable-breakout/162400979723?hash=item25cfda4b0b:g:jKsAAOSw2gxYqPTP:rk:1:pf:0

Then for input/output to the CCK you can 'get away' with using one of these (as long as you have a powered hub, you'll need the hub to be able to connect both this and your audio interface at the same time, if you've got the mk II CCK, the one with power input, then you can get away with a non powered hub)
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-To-MIDI-Interface-Piano-Music-Keyboard-Adapter-Converter-Cable-For-Laptop-PC/292527614429?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=55148&meid=ed37f9b534d84beeae2fd52a2e6ef87c&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&&itm=292527614429&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

BUT, I would only use this as a cheap stop gap, fine with notes OR clock OR controllers, not great with notes AND clock AND controllers.

You'd be better off with an audio interface that has MIDI ports also, and if that's class compliant then you won't need a powered hub either (unless you want to connect other USB stuff of course) .

If you want Gadget/AUM/Electribe all together synced, then you have only 2 real options, use AUM as clock master and send clock from that to both Gadget and Electribe...OR....use MIDI Link Sync and then you can use Electribe as MIDI Clock, and sync everything else using link. Warning though, MIDI Link Sync does disappear from the appstore from time to time.

One more thing, Gadget works well with MIDI Sync, and the combo of Gadget and Electribe is a good one.

• @AndyPlankton
    Yoooo thank you for this !!!!

• I have noting that accepts midi cords right now, so I'll need a audio interface that has midi in / out I think, I do have one of those USB / midi cords and the 2 korg 3.5 to midi, but nothing to plug em into haha

• @reasOne said:
    I have noting that accepts midi cords right now, so I'll need a audio interface that has midi in / out I think, I do have one of those USB / midi cords and the 2 korg 3.5 to midi, but nothing to plug em into haha

?? Do you have the cck ? And do you have a usb hub so you can plug both the usb/midi and the audio interface in at the same time? That’s all you need to try it out

• @AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:
    I have noting that accepts midi cords right now, so I'll need a audio interface that has midi in / out I think, I do have one of those USB / midi cords and the 2 korg 3.5 to midi, but nothing to plug em into haha

?? Do you have the cck ? And do you have a usb hub so you can plug both the usb/midi and the audio interface in at the same time? That’s all you need to try it out

I do have the cck looks like I need a usb hub tho !

• @reasOne said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

I do have the cck looks like I need a usb hub tho !

Yeah you will if you want to connect both the electribe and your audio interface.

Are using sounds from the electribe too ? If you are you’ll also need an audio cable to go from the electribe to your interface.