Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Looks like standalone only think our pass.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Looks like standalone only think our pass.

Agree. Missing AU, Abelton LINK and Audiobus. Probably the devs are not tatally aware what music making on iOS means. Hope they somehow discover this forum :)

• edited November 2018

thanks for the heads up!

"Holding the simplicity of eighties instruments and carrying their raw heritage to you, it turns your device into a pocket beat making companion.
    I believe that designing a pure interface, simply displaying your machine without any distraction, was the best way to reflect the spirit of the period it was born.
    "

think the lack of that other stuff was intentional

• Original CR-8000 had sync in/out at least ;)

• Even if Some form of audio connectivity was in the works I’d dive in.

• It looks pretty....

• edited November 2018

via their website

Warning !
    A CR-8k is actually very easy to operate and to play with but still tricky to program.
    Please refer to corresponding documentation or just take the challenge !

Main caracteristics :

• 13 Original high quality samples
    • 24 Combinable preset patterns
    • 8 Programmable patterns
    • 8 Preset fill-ins
    • 4 Programmable fill-ins
    • 8 Arranger variations
    • 2 Rythm memory registers
    • Shuffle mode (3/4 signature)
    • Separated voice section volumes
    • Gradual and programmable accentuation
    • Full machine state auto-save
    • Programs and selections auto-save
    • Background audio playback enabled

Bonuses accessible in your device settings :

• Unleash all-purpose LCD rather than only displaying the tempo
    • Alter the way the patterns are played simultaneously
    • Built-in intruments effects : « Stereo pan » and « Jungle tune »
    • Built-in audio effects : « Equalizer » and « Distortion »
    • Built-in global effects : « Delay » and « Reverb »
    • Mute any instrument
    • Prevent any instrument from beeing affected by accents
    • 3 Synchronized register auto-switching modes
  • @kobamoto said:
    thanks for the heads up!

"Holding the simplicity of eighties instruments and carrying their raw heritage to you, it turns your device into a pocket beat making companion.
    I believe that designing a pure interface, simply displaying your machine without any distraction, was the best way to reflect the spirit of the period it was born.
    "

think the lack of that other stuff was intentional

Or the guy was pretty much done with his one-to-one homage to the classic machine when he learned about Audiobus etc. and decided to spin it as an aesthetic decision.

• This CR-8000 video may give you some idea on how you will have to program this app.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    This CR-8000 video may give you some idea on how you will have to program this app.

Thank god for ipads

• My first drum machine was a DR-55. Similar way of entering a pattern. It's pretty quick once you get used to it. Helped me learn to count. Also came up with some amazing happy accidents. Too bad this app doesn't connect to the rest of the world. Maybe there's hope.

• what a shame. it's really one of my favorite sounding rhythm boxes out there. I'm not a huge fan of retaining clumsy programming features for the sake of "authenticity". It had those limitations because of the hardware limitations.. so it's pretty silly to replicate them.

without connectivity, this is a pretty useless thing.. looks like a lot of work for something few people who actually make music on ios will use. :|

• Don’t see any way to contact the dev either. I would’ve bought this if it had any connectivity but what’s the point?

• @anickt said:
    Don’t see any way to contact the dev either. I would’ve bought this if it had any connectivity but what’s the point?

I share the same opinion. At the very least IAA support would be good. Even then, no AuV3 or promise of it, I pass these days.

• 1) I wonder if Roland is waiting in the shadows to pull a ReBirth on this one.
    2) It honestly looks great (and I'm a sucker for a good interface) but the lack of connectivity hurts this. Getting CR samples easily and loading them into you fav drum app renders this two clicks from obsolete. Just last week I made Ableton's CR78 samples into a BM3 kit.

• Hi folks, you have been heard, CR-8k is now Audiobus compliant ! Inter-App audio is enabled too.

Now I am looking forward for Audio Unit and Ableton Link.
    In your opinion, does it worth it ? Which one first ?

For Ableton Link, I would need help so if ever an expert feels like answering a couple of questions, please just tell me.

• I would buy it if it was auv3 😊

• @White said:
    I would buy it if it was auv3 😊

same for me

• I plan to make it support AU v3 in a future update. Keep in touch!