Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best apps of the last year?

I haven't been following most new apps, over the last year, but as sale season is coming up I figure I'd better put together a shopping list. Already have heard about Ruismaker Noir and Digital D1. Let's hear it!

Comments

• apeMatrix

Fabfilter Pro-Q 2
    Patterning 2 (if you don't have 1)
    StepPolyArp Unit
    Der Voco

Then whatever brambos, FAC, Audio Damage, and Klevgrand released this year.

• SpaceCraft gets my vote for its sheer beauty and came it out of nowhere.

• Korg electribe wave, stagelight

• @Jumpercollins said:
    SpaceCraft gets my vote for its sheer beauty and came it out of nowhere.

Spacecraft is the app of the year for sure. The coolest thing to hit iOS since Animoog.

• edited November 2018

In the last one year?
    SynthMaster One!
    Primer
    D1

• Tricky, been a very good year. Highlights for me are:

Spacecraft
    Steppolyarp
    Quanta
    Riffer
    Noir

Plus the apps that went AU.

• D1
    Middle East Drummer
    iBassist
    Model D
    Zeeon
    Syntronik
    Kleverb
    DAW Cassete
    Degrader
    Xequence
    Ratshack Reverb
    Perforator

• Spacecraft
    KEW
    Tardigrain
    Kosmonaut
    Streemur
    Ape Matrix
    RE-1
    D1
    Synth One
    Patterning 2
    Riffer

• Korg Electribe Wave gets my vote.

• edited November 2018

SpaceCraft
    Riffer
    Zeeon
    RE-1
    Kosmonaut
    Gestrument Pro

• @BroCoast said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    SpaceCraft gets my vote for its sheer beauty and came it out of nowhere.

Spacecraft is the app of the year for sure. The coolest thing to hit iOS since Animoog.

My vote would go to Spacecraft as well.

• Audio kit Synth One
    Gestrument pro
    ApeMatrix

• edited November 2018

These developers standout in my mind for their updates and new apps this year

apeSoft apeMatrix and updates across their range of apps
    Audiobus 3 significant progress towards squashing IAA zombies and fx routing.
    Audio Damage great effect and synth apps
    AudioKit fantastic open source synths
    Kymatica AUM Gestrument Pro
    BeepStreet Zeeon and Sunrizer AUv3 reboot
    Bram Bos Rozeta and Ruismaker everywhere in my setups
    Erik Sigth refreshed and AUv3 updates
    FAC effects are a primary tool to enhance your music
    Jim Pavlov GR16 has had excellent and consistent upgrades/updated.
    iceWorks refreshed AUv3
    iMusicAlbum out of this world sounds
    Mark Watt SpaceCraft nice take on granular synthesis
    Open Labs StageLight early days but this DAW seems to click for me.
    James N Square Synth 2 very cool chip tune synth
    Wolfgang Palm updated high quality wavetable synths
    Ryouta Kyra KQ Dixie KQ Mini Synth very efficient with frequent updates
    Sugarbytes AUv3 goodness addded
    SynthMaster One powerful versatile efficient synth
    VirSyn new apps and AUv3 reboots of synths.
    VoiceSynth reboot of excellent AUv3 vocoder

• Groove Rider by a landslide
    KEW
    Synth One
    Loopseqe8

For apps released in 2018

• Noir
    Kleverb
    D1
    MidiEcho
    Gestrument Pro
    Degrader
    GotoEQ
    RE-1
    AudioLayer
    Woodpressor
    Patterning 2
    ProQ2
    iBassist
    RX-950
    StreamByter
    Audiokit Synth One
    Spacecraft
    ScaleBud
    ARPbud
    DAW LP
    ApeMatrix
    SynthMaster One
    DerVoco
    DLYM
    Kronecker
    Perforator
    FAC Envolver
    ADverb2
    DAW Cassette
    Volt
    Model D
    FAC Transient
    Kosmonaut
    Samplist
    Tardigrain
    GrandFinale
    Discord4
    KQ Dixie
    Filterstation2

WHAT A YEAR!!!! 🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟

• I named three, then realized I could have named 50.

• I really enjoyed going back through what was released and I missed some as well. We have so many amazing production tools at our fingertips!

• edited November 2018

For me,
    Kleverb.
    Tardigrain.
    FAC Transient
    Woodpressor
    Woodulator
    Degrader
    APEmatrix
    ProQ2
    GotoEQ
    Some amazing FX this year.

• Synthmaster One, lovely synth with both bottom & crunch, and, versatile, sounds amazing and can do any sound!

Audiokit D1... Sounds good too, but the strongest things that amaze me is the nice UI, how easy it is to manage and how energic the developers are!

Groove Rider GR16, funny, sound good and just like above; nice developer that develop with an speed that almost nobody into iOS can beat!

But, there’s at least ten more apps in sound creation that easily can have made top tree...

• 2018?

KEW
    D1
    NS2

• I don’t know SpaceCraft after that last MIDI update really did become a very solid choice!!

Galileo 2 allowed for more traditional keyboard players to have nothing but AUv3 for their setup!!! That is huge!

I think that’s it for me. I’d say Grooverider but there is a frequently commented on post here that would strongly suggest otherwise. Also, poor time signature support, so that kind of kills it for me

I’ve been out of control this year, I bought 29 paid apps!!

• @DMan said:
    I don’t know SpaceCraft after that last MIDI update really did become a very solid choice!!

Galileo 2 allowed for more traditional keyboard players to have nothing but AUv3 for their setup!!! That is huge!

I think that’s it for me. I’d say Grooverider but there is a frequently commented on post here that would strongly suggest otherwise. Also, poor time signature support, so that kind of kills it for me

Have to say I'm really freakin peaved I bought Galileo 1 a few days before 2 came out. 1 is still cool and all, but...

• @sysexual said:
    For me,
    Kleverb.
    Tardigrain.
    FAC Transient
    Woodpressor
    Woodulator
    Degrader
    APEmatrix
    ProQ2
    GotoEQ
    Some amazing FX this year.

let me just add NOIR. EFFING INCREDIBLE.

• Gestrument Pro, by a mile.

• Sunrizer getting AUv3
    Spacecraft
    D1

• apeMatrix
    Tardigrain
    Quanta

• Reason Compact? :p

• @BroCoast said:

@DMan said:
    I don’t know SpaceCraft after that last MIDI update really did become a very solid choice!!

Have to say I'm really freakin peaved I bought Galileo 1 a few days before 2 came out. 1 is still cool and all, but...

Yeah, I think there was a sale or something then. You could have got a refund, but it’s too late now I think. So, one major advantage of Galileo 1 is you can use it as an IAA effect. So, rotary speaker on guitar!!! Etc. We don’t have many ways of doing rotary speaker as an effect as far as I know Cubasis is the only other reasonable option and what if you don’t want to be stuck in Cubasis.

• edited November 2018

Spacecraft (dude has only just gotten started)

• @DMan said:

@BroCoast said:

@DMan said:

Yeah, I think there was a sale or something then. You could have got a refund, but it’s too late now I think. So, one major advantage of Galileo 1 is you can use it as an IAA effect. So, rotary speaker on guitar!!! Etc. We don’t have many ways of doing rotary speaker as an effect as far as I know Cubasis is the only other reasonable option and what if you don’t want to be stuck in Cubasis.

I bought V2 as well. V1 was good enough I sold my Hammond L122! Though I do regret that a little.

The leslie effect is very good. V2 is definitely an improvement for Key click and a few other things like how pulling down the drawbars sound. Amp sims and FX are LOL but it's a cheap ass app that delivers a great base organ tone.