Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight 4 for iOS - FREE Version Tutorial - Setting Up and Getting Started

Full tutorial for the FREE Version of Stagelight, this covers all the basics

Comments

• Very cool beans! Thanks Doug.

• Thanks Doug, nice one, as usual

• Good video thanks Doug always learn something new by watching your stuff.

• I needed that . Please do more

• Great video. Also supports MPE. Don’t understand what’s not to like about this app. Closest it’s gonna get to Ableton on iOS unless Ableton comes to iOS.

• Thanks... helped a lot with learning the basics of this app..

Can the ‘audio loops’ be transposed to the ‘song key’....Ala Blocs Wave?

• Needs a new GUI

• @Telstar5 said:
    Needs a new GUI

Well I disagree. Personally I find it about the easiest to read on small screens of any of my daw type software and the consistency across platforms makes it easy to switch

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Needs a new GUI

Well I disagree. Personally I find it about the easiest to read on small screens of any of my daw type software and the consistency across platforms makes it easy to switch

+1

Some GUI enhancements are needed though,especially the arp edit section ;)

• I also dig the UI and the fact that it is highly customizable. If you go into settings you can adjust and zoom several different aspects of the interface size and which page your projects open on which does wonders for focusing on your individual workflow.

Start at zoomed out view of all your loops if you’re an Ableton Head or live performer. Start zoomed in to arrangement view if you’re a writer. All up to the user. This app is very very good. It’s only launch week yet. Devs super response and track record of updates is unrivaled. Daw automaps and responds to roli blocks mode buttons so you can flip from pad to key and through scale modes without Dashboard. No other DAW does that! Plus it responds to Loop block transport controls. Win.

iOS has a new contender for best DAW. Won’t be long before SL has no comp if they keep up their current pace of development.

@MatthewAtStagelight and @OpenLabstechsupport are actively monitoring threads, squashing bugs, listening to feedback and very motivated to improve this app.

BM3.1 and NS2 are still highly desired but i can honestly say I’ll be happily busy in SL in the meantime. Haven’t seen any app with this complexity launch better. Not even close. Rock solid app.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Needs a new GUI

Not the prettiest GUI but yes you have a point . Not bad to read at all and i guess that’s what counts .

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Full tutorial for the FREE Version of Stagelight, this covers all the basics

19:00 in the video (Rec to TimeLine) shows the power of this app.. One can only imagine when LinkStart\Stop is implemented... you can have the Time-Line doing vocals etc. (with editing) and GR-16 etc. running on another iPad... Pure madness..

All that Launchpad app should have been ...

• edited November 2018

I’m watchinng Doug’s video right now. Any clue as to why I’m stuck in 4/4 here and can’t change the time signature? There’s no down arrow as there is for the “pattern size”.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oFKkj7tulABcLR02xXhySetWw4uYAMDc/view?usp=drivesdk

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

The only problem I have with the UI is I just can’t for the life of me make out the grid lines (black over very dark violet). It really makes me hate what is otherwise a pretty good piano roll. Other than that, gets the job done, which is about all I ask of a UI.