Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New dub deep house (???) track ! Soundcheck (take 3)

edited November 2018 in Creations

Hello,

My new track, 99% IOS (just one bass done with a Mininova...)
Using Ruismaker Noir, and lots of apps... :D

https://choon.co/tracks/0ebs52slb7h/soundcheck-take-3/

Or on Soundcloud

Thanks for your critics !
@ExAsperis99 @JohnnyGoodyear @LeonKowalski @gusgranite @rthr @DCJ @LeeB @crouchie @studs1966

Comments

• Sure I liked it!

• Nice... Digging it :smile:
    Oooh... that bass :open_mouth:

• Not my personal sack of biscuits, but certainly professionally put together :)

• Very nice! I'd love to read more about the apps & setup if you feel like sharing...

• Love that stab of juddering bass. I remember earlier versions, it’s developed really well. Great trippy feel. Brilliant!!

• edited November 2018

@rthr @crouchie thanks ! My setup is a bit complex, but also very simple...

In fact, all the mix is produced live, it's just one take straight. Purpose is to make a live act.
    I have my patterns organized on Modstep, on 3 iPads pro.
    So 3 Modstep running at the same time on 3 ipads, all 3 running AUM.

Each iPad have a usb hub and a sound card.
    The 3x2 stereo pairs are connected to an Allen & Heath QUSB.
    This QUSB is connected to a forth iPad pro 12' 2nd gen, here I use the QUSB as a soundcard and a premixer, (so connected in wifi AND USB) to premix with the QUSB in/out, and really use the mixtable in AUM "in between".

Then I have a bunch of midi controllers to mimic synths knobs and insert effects...This was the more laborious part of this setup...4 ipads in midi opens real perspective, but it's also a nightmare to organise in a proper ergonomic way, really...I thought many time to give up because of this.
    StreamByter app with AUM (beta version) saved me...

All Ruismaker apps are a blessing, Ruismaker Noir is going to be used more now... @brambos a pattern mode, PC, midi swing, midi random on the fly "movable" are needed here... :D

I also connect mics and a guitar if needed...(to open to a more live band perspective...)

It took me 3 years and IOS 12 to finalise this concept...It runs simultaneously around 100 apps (AUv3, synths, effects...) on the 4 ipads.

• :o B)

Very nice! Thanks for explaining!