Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mood is a masterpiece!

A few full days of Mood synth, this thing is amazing and one of the best on ios.
Its like a model D and idensity had a baby with fm features and creative extras.
Functionality is an A+, maping lfo’s evreywhere, the warp audio sample feature and how it interacts with note triggering is a blast. This app has opened up a woderful world of sonic exploration.
Highly recommended👍🏼
Please share your tips n tricks.

Comments

• Makes me feel like I should give it more of a chance but I can't get past the awful patch management... :neutral:

• @oddSTAR said:
    Makes me feel like I should give it more of a chance but I can't get past the awful patch management... :neutral:

You could just make your own.

• edited November 2018

@oddSTAR said:
    Makes me feel like I should give it more of a chance but I can't get past the awful patch management... :neutral:

I created my own bank with own intialize preset which is where i always start; works easy enough.

• Sure, might try that sometime. Sounds like the patch creation process is a strength of this synth but I'm a guy who prefers to sit down and start playing while tweaking a few presets. Do hope it gets voted in for a forum patch-a-thon one day, though!

• Can anyone compare/contrast critically with Model D? Sound/CPU performance.

• @OscarSouth said:
    Can anyone compare/contrast critically with Model D? Sound/CPU performance.

Depends on what kind of sounds you are looking for.
    My (maybe useless) opinion as a lover of analog tones is that Model D is far superior here, especially if you go into audio rate and saturation.
    But Mood is good enough in many cases for similar sounds and is in general more versatile for sound design maybe.
    I always would choose Model D personally since it has the best filter section of any iOS synth for me and even is on par with my favorite desktop synths here.
    It use more cpu as Mood as well.
    Only option....get both :)

• @OscarSouth said:
    Can anyone compare/contrast critically with Model D? Sound/CPU performance.

You can watch my video about the MiniMoog Model D here:

While it's not a 1:1 comparison of Model D vs Mood, I do feature a number of MiniMoog clone apps and Mood is one. You can get a flavor for the sonic differences. Mood is certainly more versatile as it has more functionality, but sonically I think they're in the same ballpark, which is high praise for Mood since I think Model D is one of the best sounding soft-synths I've ever heard.

• Cheers for that!
    I love Model D so my interest in Mood is a 'close enough' interpretation that I can use when low processor usage is valued over a perfect hardware emulation.

I also use Viking quite a lot for this purpose, but I actually got to know that synth for it's own nuances and don't see them as being too close in reality.

• I'm interested in what @oddSTAR said earlier about the patch management. I've been thinking of buying Mood, but I'm also more of a preset tweaker than a patch creator - what's so awful about the patch management?

• All of the apeSoft & Amazing Noises apps share a similar preset manager. It is more function than fashion - I'm not sure what issue was taken with it but while it ain't pretty, it's solid and straightforward so I have no problems with it.

• You can let Mood sound like an old analog synths. It's so good!

• yeah, for how well thought out the apesoft stuff is, I find that the patch management is extraordinarily clunky. Takes too long to find what you're looking for - a big, not so pretty window that opens up, really spoiling the mood.

I wish more people would look to zeeon when designing patch managers. so fluid and quick. uses drag and drop to reorganize.. It's the best I've come across on ios.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@palm said:
    Takes too long to find what you're looking for - a big, not so pretty window that opens up, really spoiling the mood.

Pun intended? 😂

• Pun intended? 😂

;)

• Thanks - sounds like the patch management isn't ideal, but not a deal breaker.

• I’m trying to set the Mood keyboard to D Minor...when I do, it automatically changes to the Elongated view...and I can’t tell which key is which anymore....D minor has a B flat so i hoped I could use this black key to orient myself, but it doesn’t seem to display the black keys in Elongated view

Can anyone help me get my head around this? Is this how it’s supposed to work? Maybe I haven’t drunk enough coffee to grok it yet :D

• @oddSTAR said:

If you mean that a lot of the patches are uninspiring then I agree with you. It is one of the first synths I bought on my ipad. I can remember feeling very discouraged because of the sounds I was and wasn't getting from it. I have a little more knowledge now and it has helped me understand that the patches were what discouraged my attempts to explore.

• edited December 2020

@oddSTAR said:

Yeah, that is my only gripe about this developer’s apps. The patch management is cumbersome and slightly confusing. Other than that all of their apps have amazing interfaces, are inspiring and sound fantastic!

• Bought it on black Friday offer. Sounds are very fat and deep. Just feel like I owned a hardware synth..

• @TheSoundKid said:
    Bought it on black Friday offer. Sounds are very fat and deep. Just feel like I owned a hardware synth..

Old thread but I love Mood..... it can get fat AF!!!!!!

• @drewinnit said:

I’m trying to set the Mood keyboard to D Minor...when I do, it automatically changes to the Elongated view...and I can’t tell which key is which anymore....D minor has a B flat so i hoped I could use this black key to orient myself, but it doesn’t seem to display the black keys in Elongated view

Can anyone help me get my head around this? Is this how it’s supposed to work? Maybe I haven’t drunk enough coffee to grok it yet :D

This is a normal in-scale keyboard.. every key is within the D minor scale..
    If you wish to see a D key for reference, go to the settings menu and there is a button to show keyboard octave label.. when it’s on you’ll be able to see where each D key is on the keyboard.. then you can slide the view/range around to make it easier to see + play your scale..

• This video convinced me to buy the app.

• Always in the mood for solo with the in scale keys.

Loving it with all Apesoft stuff.

Patch management could get better on all Apesoft but you get used to it.

Just got the iVCS3 on Black Friday. It’s a beast

• edited December 2020

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Always in the mood for solo with the in scale keys.

It sure is. I’ve made some bass patches that sound fuller and huger than anything else on the platform. It sounds so good. Had it for years, though never used it enough. Glad that one guy is still voraciously making presets...they’re fun to buy and browse through. About the only preset packs I’ll buy.

• Is anyone knows how long will be the promotion made by Apesoft on their Apps?

• @royor said:

@drewinnit said:

I’m trying to set the Mood keyboard to D Minor...when I do, it automatically changes to the Elongated view...and I can’t tell which key is which anymore....D minor has a B flat so i hoped I could use this black key to orient myself, but it doesn’t seem to display the black keys in Elongated view

This is a normal in-scale keyboard.. every key is within the D minor scale..
    If you wish to see a D key for reference, go to the settings menu and there is a button to show keyboard octave label.. when it’s on you’ll be able to see where each D key is on the keyboard.. then you can slide the view/range around to make it easier to see + play your scale..

THANK YOU @royor ! I really appreciate the assistance

• @oat_phipps said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

It sure is. I’ve made some bass patches that sound fuller and huger than anything else on the platform. It sounds so good. Had it for years, though never used it enough. Glad that one guy is still voraciously making presets...they’re fun to buy and browse through. About the only preset packs I’ll buy.

Cool man. Who’s selling Mood presets? Where?

• I wish in scale mode we would still see the piano normally but the 'out' notes' just not playable. Like in musix pro fretboard app. It really makes sense as if your used to seeing the black keys, your mind think in that way and I just like the option. When every note looks in scale its harder for me not to just slide around, but that's cool too. options the choice's of doom... I love mood and I use it over model d only cause I know it better.

• @oceansinspace said:
    I wish in scale mode we would still see the piano normally but the 'out' notes' just not playable. Like in musix pro fretboard app. It really makes sense as if your used to seeing the black keys, your mind think in that way and I just like the option. When every note looks in scale its harder for me not to just slide around, but that's cool too. options the choice's of doom... I love mood and I use it over model d only cause I know it better.

Maybe use an add-on keyboard of your choice rather than the internal one,

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Cool man. Who’s selling Mood presets? Where?

With a very brief search I couldn’t find any, but it does have the Random patch creation feature. I know it isn’t the same, but it’s still fun and productive with some tweaking.