Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is it still worth to invest in lightning dongles now usb-c is the future?

Is it still worth to invest in lightning dongles now usb-c is the future? Just curious what forum members think of this.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

You gonna throw all your lightning iOS devices away as soon as you buy an iPad Pro?

• Invest in them? Are you looking to buy up current supplies to create a market of perceived scarcity?

• @mannix common sense prevails advice to your question does not However “adapt”to what you have at “lightning” speed and “u” “s” “b” bonkers to invest in anything not required

• Buy adapters to fit the device you use, but avoid any expensive Lightning-only gadgets. I have a Line 6 Sonic Port that won’t work with USB-C, if only because it lacks the right cable.

• in my opinion apple will stay with lightning for iphones and normal ipads, usb-c will be just iPad PRO thing... but i may be wrong ;)

• @mistercharlie said:
    Buy adapters to fit the device you use, but avoid any expensive Lightning-only gadgets. I have a Line 6 Sonic Port that won’t work with USB-C, if only because it lacks the right cable.

I have one as well, but presumably just using a regular USB cable into a USB-C hub will work? As long as an interface is class-compliant it should carry on working.

• edited November 2018

@wim said:
    You gonna throw all your lightning iOS devices away as soon as you buy an iPad Pro?

Nope, but in my personal opinion is what @mistercharlie suggests

@mistercharlie said:
    Buy adapters to fit the device you use, but avoid any expensive Lightning-only gadgets. I have a Line 6 Sonic Port that won’t work with USB-C, if only because it lacks the right cable.

Right, think for example about expensive lightning docks, etc.

btw I can recall that the transistion of 30 pins to lightning went also quite fast. Especially when you think of selling your old iPhone/ iPad before/ after you buy a new one, specialized lightning stuff could become a hassle.

• iTrack dock studio pack still keeps the price reduction at 99€ (I suppose Novation was aware of the new usb-c introduction since they get the price drop way before the new iPad pro introduction) so grab one of these plus a iPad mini4 seems a great standalone option if you don't upgrade into iOS13 (if it's possible).

ATM that combo works in iOS12 :wink:

For my iPhone 5s I have the cck3 and anker usb hub waiting for my next smartphone which seems is going to be a xiaomi with stagelight (I need to test it a redmi 3 or 5 I bough for my Dad (81yo) a year ago (90€). Seems no brainer for me...

• @Dubbylabby said:
    iTrack dock studio pack still keeps the price reduction at 99€ (I suppose Novation was aware of the new usb-c introduction since they get the price drop way before the new iPad pro introduction) so grab one of these plus a iPad mini4 seems a great standalone option if you don't upgrade into iOS13 (if it's possible).

ATM that combo works in iOS12 :wink:

For my iPhone 5s I have the cck3 and anker usb hub waiting for my next smartphone which seems is going to be a xiaomi with stagelight (I need to test it a redmi 3 or 5 I bough for my Dad (81yo) a year ago (90€). Seems no brainer for me...

Agree you just need to be cautious what you're buying in terms of compatibilty. I use a Tascam iXZ since 2011 and it's still working on iOS devices (with the lightning to 3.5 dongle) but also on Android devices. Some things are just great value! :)

• edited September 2022

I have a quick question, when I get a new iPhone, sometime soon, will I be able to use my Apple camera connection kit adapter? I think I will right. Might need a usb to usbc adapter to plug device into PC, but the camera connector should be good for my audio interface, external SSD’s, External HDs, correct?