Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do I have to buy Ruismaker Noir?

I just got Ripplemaker!

I'm most interested in the idea of melody being beats being melody. What make RN stand out most? if you can put it in words.

Comments

• Buy two, send me one, thx, peace out

• @AudioGus said:
    Buy two, send me one, thx, peace out

I'll reflect on this...

• You don't have to buy anything unless you're an app addict or want to support the dev. The cool thing with music making is that you can be creative so be creative and don't think in must haves :)

• edited November 2018

“Do I have to buy Ruismaker Noir?”
    No. Simple as that. 😀

• sorry, I guess my light intent didn't exactly make it through my question. I know I don't have to. It was more rhetorical. But I am curious how it distinguishes itself for those of you who have multiple Bram Bos apps. I'm about to get an iPad so want to have a couple apps to play with...

• Do you have to buy it? Yeah of course, it’s a @brambos app.
    They are masterpieces in themselves, before we even begin to make our own masterpieces with the app.
    He’s like the Renoir of developers ;-)

• Certainly not, it sounds good, and it's cheap...Doing such things affordable is a shame !!!
    Fortunately Brambos apps does not handle program changes, so it can't go to the next level for some obscure electronic musicians ;)

• It’s definitely my favourite app since Ripplemaker and probably my favourite app since Model 15... you don’t HAVE to buy it but you SHOULD.

Make your beats your melodies your beats.

• Do you like pulsing looped patterns? RuisMaker Noir has a random button and you just push it until you hear a patterned loop you like.

It never takes more than a minute or two before I save one to my favorites. Then I subject my favorite to random knob twiddles seeking even more bliss. Then I save the changed pattern too.

Never had a drum machine before so this one is drop dead simple to figure out how to make good patterns and tweak the tones produced by the internal synth.

The notes selected can also be randomly generated on the sequence page.

It's so light on CPU you can run more than just one and still have CPU for other apps.

Are you sold yet?

• Humm ... I started to say no. But based on your phrase "melody being beats being melody", I'd say it's well worth considering. One nice thing about Noir is you can pitch its sounds by sending notes (or not), rather than sending midi-cc's to adjust pitch as you would with Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM.

It's much, much deeper than that, but doesn't have to be.

• Really just depends on what sounds your target work is. Each of the 3 are pretty distinct from classic drum sounds, frequency modulation, and Noir's pitch and velocity modulation scheme.

Noir is less simply multitimbral...i.e. no slots for different drums, but you can certainly get several kit pieces out of one instance. And it is stronger for mimicing different parts of a single percussion instrument. For example, Ive found some good settings that brought me back to one of my favorite industrial kitchen sinks that I found exploring the sub basement of an abandoned building.

• Yes. I command it.

• @gkillmaster Have you got Korg Electribe Wave yet?

If yes, then buy Noir. If no then buy Wave first. And then buy Noir.

I like Noir. I really like the number the dev has done on us around here. It's a good and fine number and I like it. I have everything he's selling. I'm in favor. BUT I'm more melody myself (in terms of trying to communicate heartbreak) and I think Wave, of this sort of thingie, affords a better opportunity within the field.

And then you run Noir as well and combine them which is even better.

Just my two sou.

• Everything I've created sounds great with little effort. I highly recommend it.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @gkillmaster Have you got Korg Electribe Wave yet?

I like Noir. I really like the number the dev has done on us around here. It's a good and fine number and I like it. I have everything he's selling. I'm in favor. BUT I'm more melody myself (in terms of trying to communicate heartbreak) and I think Wave, of this sort of thingie, affords a better opportunity within the field.

Just my two sou.

I have Electribe but not Electribe Wave.. Much appreciate your thoughts about it! I find I often agree with you so its useful for me :) Looking into EW...

• @jigglypuff said:
    Everything I've created sounds great with little effort. I highly recommend it.

Thanks!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Just my two sou.

My two cents would be GR16 has a very nice wave table synth you can import Serum compatible wavetables into whereas with Korg Electribe wave you’re limited to what Korg provides. Plus it might be useful to wait awhile and then view YouTube videos of the app contenders vying for your 💰.

• @InfoCheck said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Just my two sou.

My two cents would be GR16 has a very nice wave table synth you can import Serum compatible wavetables into whereas with Korg Electribe wave you’re limited to what Korg provides. Plus it might be useful to wait awhile and then view YouTube videos of the app contenders vying for your 💰.

No question GR16 is very nice as well (while we're talking about excellent and attentive developers!). I find it a little more muscular in the melodic heartbreak department than Korg Wave, but then your heartbreak may vary :)

• @brambos needs a new private jet to fly around the world with his filthy rich app developer friends. His other private jet has a flat tire and when you're as rich as Bram from synth app making you don't get it fixed, you buy a brand new one. It's a cause that everyone should be apart of.

• @jrjulius said:
    It’s definitely my favourite app since Ripplemaker and probably my favourite app since Model 15... you don’t HAVE to buy it but you SHOULD.

Make your beats your melodies your beats.

ha! thanks!

• @McDtracy said:
    Do you like pulsing looped patterns? RuisMaker Noir has a random button and you just push it until you hear a patterned loop you like.

It never takes more than a minute or two before I save one to my favorites. Then I subject my favorite to random knob twiddles seeking even more bliss. Then I save the changed pattern too.

Never had a drum machine before so this one is drop dead simple to figure out how to make good patterns and tweak the tones produced by the internal synth.

The notes selected can also be randomly generated on the sequence page.

It's so light on CPU you can run more than just one and still have CPU for other apps.

Are you sold yet?

Thanks a lot for the explanation! Gives me a really good idea about it. What you are saying kinda reminds me of the desktop app Microtonic but with more sophisticated randomizing.

• @sysexual said:
    @brambos needs a new private jet to fly around the world with his filthy rich app developer friends. His other private jet has a flat tire and when you're as rich as Bram from synth app making you don't get it fixed, you buy a brand new one. It's a cause that everyone should be apart of.

Why I read this with russian accent?

• @wim said:
    Humm ... I started to say no. But based on your phrase "melody being beats being melody", I'd say it's well worth considering. One nice thing about Noir is you can pitch its sounds by sending notes (or not), rather than sending midi-cc's to adjust pitch as you would with Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM.

It's much, much deeper than that, but doesn't have to be.

appreciate this!

• @Multicellular said:
    Really just depends on what sounds your target work is. Each of the 3 are pretty distinct from classic drum sounds, frequency modulation, and Noir's pitch and velocity modulation scheme.

Noir is less simply multitimbral...i.e. no slots for different drums, but you can certainly get several kit pieces out of one instance. And it is stronger for mimicing different parts of a single percussion instrument. For example, Ive found some good settings that brought me back to one of my favorite industrial kitchen sinks that I found exploring the sub basement of an abandoned building.

Woah, interesting. Thanks for distinguishing. I did get Ruismaker FM awhile back and haven't used it yet. I was actually trying to find a comparison so helps to hear about it being a little more melodic maybe, if I understand what you are saying....

• @Kühl said:
    Do you have to buy it? Yeah of course, it’s a @brambos app.
    They are masterpieces in themselves, before we even begin to make our own masterpieces with the app.
    He’s like the Renoir of developers ;-)

Yeh! I know I will get it sooner or later anyways... That seems to be the way it goes :)

• @gkillmaster said:

I'm most interested in the idea of melody being beats being melody. What make RN stand out most? if you can put it in words.

I think you've just defined what 'Noir actually does and does better than anything else I've ever used.
    If you're looking for something that blurs the lines between percussion and melodic percussion 'Noir is a definitive tool for the job. If you're looking for "melody" as in composing a melody Noir might be too percussive and lacking traditional scales and a keyboard etc.

But honestly you should get Ruismaker Noir regardless because it's just so damn good.

• @Proppa said:

@gkillmaster said:

I think you've just defined what 'Noir actually does and does better than anything else I've ever used.
    If you're looking for something that blurs the lines between percussion and melodic percussion 'Noir is a definitive tool for the job. If you're looking for "melody" as in composing a melody Noir might be too percussive and lacking traditional scales and a keyboard etc.

But honestly you should get Ruismaker Noir regardless because it's just so damn good.

Thanks, I'm getting the impression that the results are quite different from that I can get with Ruismaker FM. I do wonder if some of the new stuff will makes it way into the earlier apps. (If that even would make sense...)

• edited November 2018

This shit bangs. I make hip hop but I got this just to have a techno machine. Few instances of this riding with RoZeta bassline driving Mood = instant techno chunk. Randomizing is so good with it.

• I like it quite a bit so far, can’t wait to make some weird bangers with it