Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

APHELIAN - Pre Release Demo Review and Tutorial for the iPad

I do love apps like this that really do embrace the whole touch screen thing to the max.

Comments

• oh wow this thing looks great!

• Please take my money. When is this going to be out? Cannot wait

• Yea, the shapes and geometiral shapes are amazing. Watching them is honestly hypnotizing and the fact that they are functional is kinda mind blowing. We shall see if it can pull off this huge task! hails

• I will be purchasing this app as it has MIDI out in addition to the built-in synths. Great preview by Doug of what it can do.

• Just tried the midi out and it works great, you can send each Orbit to a different channel, you mute the internal synths or have them play along, or you can choose just, two or three synths to send midi out, so you can mix and match as you please.

• I really was not impressed by the promo video the dev released earlier. But this seems very cool. And yet, I bought Gestrument immediately and haven't even bothered to learn how to get started.

• Wow, the midi news is great. Each shape to a different channel is surprising to me but amazing!

• Looking good for a definite purchase- lots of fun.
    How does the control automation for the synth parameters work- do you give each a squiggle of their own? or what goes on?

• @robosardine said:
    Looking good for a definite purchase- lots of fun.
    How does the control automation for the synth parameters work- do you give each a squiggle of their own? or what goes on?

I’m on the beta and I think I’ve figured out most things. You can use the orbits of either the planet or each of its two moons for modulation. Doesn’t seem to be a limit on the built in synths and most controls can be effected. I think you can modulate up to 6 Cc’s if using the planet on an external synth. Hope that made sense.

• @RJB said:

@robosardine said:

I’m on the beta and I think I’ve figured out most things. You can use the orbits of either the planet or each of its two moons for modulation. Doesn’t seem to be a limit on the built in synths and most controls can be effected. I think you can modulate up to 6 Cc’s if using the planet on an external synth. Hope that made sense.

Thanks it does.... or at least it will once I get into orbit 🔭👨🏼‍🚀. How about gate time of the notes- any control to be had there? 😛

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Is it IAA ?

Yes

• @robosardine said:

@RJB said:

@robosardine said:

Thanks it does.... or at least it will once I get into orbit 🔭👨🏼‍🚀. How about gate time of the notes- any control to be had there? 😛

You can manually make notes longer than others, if I understand

• @RJB said:

@robosardine said:

@RJB said:

@robosardine said:

You can manually make notes longer than others, if I understand

Great thanks- due out on the 20th Nov- I saw on the other thread.

• Looks like Oscillab on drugs :)

• Which looked like Different Drummer on meds