Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Some free Kemper Profiler Effects Presets with preview video

I know this is probably only a small amount of you , but if you were ever curious about some of the effects tones you can get out of a kemper or just like listening to off the cuff improv, you might like the video as well.

Comments

• Sorry... what is a Kemper? (Google to the rescue).

It's a "Profiling Amp-Head"... cost $1,799.

(From Sweetwater's Product description)

Using the new Kemper Profiling Amplifier, you can create a profile of your very own amplifiers (or whatever you can get your hands on) and store it into memory. It's a true guitar preamplifier with real gain and tone knobs ready to plug into a power amp, sound system, or recording system. The real magic begins when you start shaping your tone with the Profiling Amplifier's tone controls - Kemper's high-tech wizardry makes your profiled amp respond amazingly accurately to the Profiling Amplifier's tone and gain controls. You can take an amazing amp, capture its essence, and play it back anytime with complete gain and tone control.

I used to want all these types of toys and had a lot of them:

Line 6 POD
    Johnson J-Station
    Fender Mustang Amp

I'll bet Marc (@BedHeadProducer) has (or has owned) dozens of them.

IOS Apps are a lot cheaper and definately better than the units I have owned.

• edited November 2018

Lol.... I wasn’t pushing the kemper in any way . I think that it’s highly over priced for one thing ... but it is remarkably good at one thing , and that is ....copying /stealing the exact tone of another amp and reproducing it faithfully . In the synth world , it would be eauivilant to faithfully recreating analog sound of say , all moog, Roland , and other old unique synths as well as any new ones as wel. So this is not a unit I would take busking ... nor to a trip to the park.
    And can I get an amazing amp tone without it ? Merely on an iPad ? Most certainly !

• edited November 2018

@McDtracy said:
    Sorry... what is a Kemper? (Google to the rescue).

It's a "Profiling Amp-Head"... cost $1,799.

(From Sweetwater's Product description)

Using the new Kemper Profiling Amplifier, you can create a profile of your very own amplifiers (or whatever you can get your hands on) and store it into memory. It's a true guitar preamplifier with real gain and tone knobs ready to plug into a power amp, sound system, or recording system. The real magic begins when you start shaping your tone with the Profiling Amplifier's tone controls - Kemper's high-tech wizardry makes your profiled amp respond amazingly accurately to the Profiling Amplifier's tone and gain controls. You can take an amazing amp, capture its essence, and play it back anytime with complete gain and tone control.

I used to want all these types of toys and had a lot of them:

Line 6 POD
    Johnson J-Station
    Fender Mustang Amp

I'll bet Marc (@BedHeadProducer) has (or has owned) dozens of them.

IOS Apps are a lot cheaper and definately better than the units I have owned.

I also forgot to mention, yes I have owned things like the line 6 series of amp modelers....the latest being the line 6 Helix which cost me about 1600 new a couple years ago, which I sold to buy the kemper. And until yesterday I owned a Peavey XXX 2 head, which is basically the exact same amp as the Peavey JSX, the head with Joe Satriani's endorsement that went for $2600 and was by far the best sounding analog "real" amp head I've ever owned. I sold the Helix to buy the Kemper, copied the XXX2 in 5 minutes, and promptly put mine up for sale on Craiglist. So I can honestly say, the closest thing to the kemper in sound quality from a modeling software is in fact, poistive grid, Bias FX and Bias Amp, which is also basically Jamup pro as well. The difference however....is that the kemper being a dedicated piece of hardware, has become the touring standard for those wishing to travel abroad without paying the exorbitant costs or flying a heavy amp head all over Europe. I first encountered one 4 years ago, opening for the band accept in Austria who had abandoned all of their analog amps for this more cost effective solution. So now, one doesn't even have to take a kemper to Europe. They can be rented or will already be at the venue as part of the backline and the player must simply bring their tones with them, on a USB stick. I promise, wont be posting much about it here...I just had some free presets to give away, so I thought if anyone here owned one...they could have the free presets. I will be spending much more time, continuing to show off the delightful things the Ipad does, for much much cheaper.. I'm not switching over to flying the Kemper flag....lol. IPAD all the way!!!

• Christoph Kemper, who's the maker of this 'profiling amp' is a cool chap and was among the first to build a virtual analog synthesizer, the Access Virus - released 1997.

He's a passionate guitar player himself and developed a method that sends a special signal to an amp and calculates about 2 dozen parameters (for the amp model) from the measured response. Pretty smart - but aside from this 'trick' it's a regular (though very good) virtual modelling amp.

The task may read simple, but who ever tried to match a virtual amp to a real one manually (tweaking, listening, tweaking...) knows how difficult it is to get the settings right.
    My favourite quote from Mr Kemper (many years ago): it's easy to look up algorithms for digital signal processing in a math book, but it takes a lot of experience to know which of them sound really great.