Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RIP Stan Lee

edited November 2018 in Other

Excelsior! He lived to a good age and gave us so many great characters!

Comments

• Sad day for all members of the Mighty Marvel Marching Society. RIP

• I'm not even a comics fan and I was saddened by his passing.
    What a wild ride!
    Rest In Peace.

• I started reading Marvel comic books in the early 1970s. It’s amazing how many changes Stan Lee has been involved in over the decades and how ubiquitous many of the characters he had a hand in creating have become.

• He was a very enthusiastic promoter of the brand.

• The final cameo. Thanks for all the work, Mr. Lee.

• He will be missed - a Marvel film without a cameo appearance - unthinkable!

• He couldn’t last forever, but it sure seemed like he would. His legacy will be forever.

• Really sad. RIP.

• R.I.P Stan Lee.

They WILL Remember you.

• @syrupcore said:
    The final cameo. Thanks for all the work, Mr. Lee.

I will be very disappointed if they stop the Stan Lee cameos. Clearly the technology is available to generate digital Stan Lee. All we need is a good vocal impersonator. It is fitting than Stan becomes a Marvel character that lives on forever.

• A great read about The Talented Mr Lee's strange date with The Talented Ms Highsmith:

Long before Stan Lee became the legendary comic-book creator responsible for Spider-Man, the Hulk, and Doctor Strange—and before Patricia Highsmith became a celebrated novelist (Strangers on a Train, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Carol)—both were twentysomethings in Manhattan, dabbling in the then-lowly regarded comic art form. Neither had any idea that their characters would one day be reincarnated on countless screens, and that their beloved work would outlive them both. But in those early days of comics, a mutual relation thought that these two brilliant creative minds might, well, hit it off.
    Stan Lee had been an editor at Timely Comics—the company that would one day evolve into Marvel—and Highsmith had been hired to write comic scripts for Vince Fago, who replaced Lee as editor during that the latter’s tour of World War II duty. Fago was so struck by Highsmith’s “beauty”—he called her “a terrific looker”—and so married himself, that the editor took it upon himself to introduce Highsmith to a more eligible bachelor, Lee.
    Fago recalled his failed setup to Highsmith biographer Joan Schenkar, who wrote in her 2011 book The Talented Miss Highsmith:

Vince Fago took Lee up to Pat’s apartment “near Sutton Place,” hoping to make a “match” between Pat and Stan Lee. But the future creator of the talented Mr. Ripley was not fated to go out on a date with the future facilitator of Spider-Man. “Stan Lee,” said Vince Fago, “was only interested in Stan Lee,” and Pat wasn’t exactly admitting where her real sexual interests lay. Lee, who invokes his failing memory and “murky mind,” remembers only Pat’s name from the incident.

It probably did not help that Highsmith—who would later write the iconic lesbian romance The Price of Salt (later re-published as Carol) under a pseudonym—preferred the intimate company of women. Highsmith was later so ashamed of her comic writing that she scrubbed it from her résumé, removed all evidence of it from her home; when she wrote The Talented Mr. Ripley, she even killed off someone from her former industry. One of the first victims of the title characters is Reddington, a person Highsmith described as “a comic-book artist. He probably didn’t know whether he was coming or going

• @Halftone said:
    Excelsior! He lived to a good age and gave us so many great characters!

• Apparently there are several cameos already "in the can" so. Three or four. So we haven't seen the last of them. But I am going to be a mess when I see the next Marvel movie and see the words "In Memory of Stan Lee". From the 60's Spiderman cartoons when I was a little fella to cosplaying as Tony Stark at age 50, Stan and Marvel has left their footprints on my life.

• edited November 2018

@Slam_Cut said:
    It is fitting than Stan becomes a Marvel character that lives on forever.

A new man of steel type character named STEELAN?

Or maybe "An Steel". An elderly woman of steel, in homage to Mr. Lee and his progressive ways. Joss Whedon would have to write it and he could have a field day with the "Yes, like 'Ann' with one N" jokes.

• @syrupcore said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    It is fitting than Stan becomes a Marvel character that lives on forever.

A new man of steel type character named STEELAN?

Or maybe "An Steel". An elderly woman of steel, in homage to Mr. Lee and his progressive ways. Joss Whedon would have to write it and he could have a field day with the "Yes, like 'Ann' with one N" jokes.

Did not know this stuff from him. Extra points, as if he needs them:

This is the Soapbox that finds its way back on social media most often. At a compact 244 words, Lee puts his foot down. “Let’s lay it right on the line,” Lee began in this December 1968 Soapbox, showing just how little he’s messing around. “Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today.”
    He continued:

“But, unlike a team of costumed super-villains, they can’t be halted with a punch in the snoot, or a zap from a ray gun. The only way to destroy them is to expose them — to reveal them for the insidious evils they really are. The bigot is an unreasoning hater — one who hates blindly, fanatically, indiscriminately. If his hang-up is black men, he hates ALL black men. If a redhead once offended him, he hates ALL redheads. If some foreigner beat him to a job, he’s down on ALL foreigners. He hates people he’s never seen — people he’s never known — with equal intensity — with equal venom.

“Now, we’re not trying to say it’s unreasonable for one human being to bug another. But, although anyone has the right to dislike another individual, it’s totally irrational, patently insane to condemn an entire race — to despise an entire nation — to vilify an entire religion. Sooner or later, we must learn to judge each other on our own merits. Sooner or later, if man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill out hearts with tolerance. For then, and only then, will we be truly worthy of the concept that man was created in the image of God – a God who calls us ALL — His children.

“Pax et Justitia, Stan.”

• What I hate is all the SJWs celebrating his death cause of one quote they choose to take out of context.They label him a bigoted homophobe cause he wants Peter Parker to always be portrayed as a straight white kid. But what he was getting at was that once a character is established he saw no reason to change them.