Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Sale - 50% off

Comments

• From what I understand, SpringVerb2 has the same underlying algorithm but with less control available to modify the sound.

Rim

• @Keenan said:
    I’m really interested in the video import and playback for scoring purposes. Just read through a post from a few years ago by @skiphunt and watched the video that Doug did (the only video showing Auria Pro’s video scoring function). Honestly I’m more than happy with Cubasis 2 at the moment with various AU’s, I just wish it had video import (no chance of that happening anytime soon?)

Video import is on Cubasis' roadmap but no ETA

• @MobileMusic said:

@Keenan said:
    I’m really interested in the video import and playback for scoring purposes. Just read through a post from a few years ago by @skiphunt and watched the video that Doug did (the only video showing Auria Pro’s video scoring function). Honestly I’m more than happy with Cubasis 2 at the moment with various AU’s, I just wish it had video import (no chance of that happening anytime soon?)

Video import is on Cubasis' roadmap but no ETA

That’s exciting, thanks! In the meantime I caved and bought Auria already. I’m sure I’ll prefer how Cubasis will implement it, I’m not a huge fan of floating windows on iPad.

• @Keenan said:
    I’m not a huge fan of floating windows on iPad.

Me either.

I've asked Fabfilter to consider full-screen scaling options for their plugins that don't currently offer that.

I didn't ask @WaveMachineLabs though.

Rim! I love the app :) I expect it's no small task, but if the UI ever gets a fresh look, please consider us.

• Hi guys, just a heads up, Auria Pro is 50% off at this moment (June.24.2019)

• I really need to go post this in Auria forums, but I could not reset my password. Lately it has been so crash here for me on file import/export issues. It crashed so much I went back to Cubasis temporarily.

• Tempting at that price.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I really need to go post this in Auria forums, but I could not reset my password. Lately it has been so crash here for me on file import/export issues. It crashed so much I went back to Cubasis temporarily.

Maybe create a new account?

• So what are the advantages/disadvantages compared to Cubasis? I hear mixed things. Not really interested in the add ins - just want a DAW that I can use with AU3 plugins, and which has good midi. If it works well on an Air 2 that would be a bonus.

• @cian said:
    So what are the advantages/disadvantages compared to Cubasis? I hear mixed things. Not really interested in the add ins - just want a DAW that I can use with AU3 plugins, and which has good midi. If it works well on an Air 2 that would be a bonus.

Then maybe stay with Cubasis.

• @cian said:
    So what are the advantages/disadvantages compared to Cubasis? I hear mixed things. Not really interested in the add ins - just want a DAW that I can use with AU3 plugins, and which has good midi. If it works well on an Air 2 that would be a bonus.

You’re supposed to hear mixed things, that’s what it does.

Also, Auria has sub channels.

• wimwim
    edited June 2019
    • More advanced mixing options such as mix busses, subgroups, etc. that Cubasis is lacking
    • Higher timing resolution. Cubasis is limited to 96 PPQN (parts per quarter note). Auria is something like 10x better PPQN.
    • Wonderful non-destructive MIDI quantization, swing, humanization tools.
    • Flexible MIDI routing between tracks.
    • Advanced audio editing with transient warping (Example: ability to grab a transient and move it onto a beat, warping the audio to fit. Great for fixing up muffed guitar solos, etc.)
    • Better mixer (IMO) for detailed work.

Cubasis is friendlier and more efficient IMO, but when you need the advanced stuff all in one place, Auria Pro has it all.

• edited June 2019

Is it worth buying the fab filter effect in Auria? When you considèr the resent realease of fab filter Auv3. Are they the same version as in Auria and what the price in Auria versus the fab filter Auv3 ?

• @ecou said:
    Is it worth buying the fab filter effect in Auria? When you considèr the resent realease of fab filter Auv3. Are they the same version as in Auria and what the price in Auria versus the fab filter Auv3 ?

If you plan to stay in Auria, maybe. The native effects support sidechaining which is one advantage they have, and also if you only use Auria native effects and freeze all the MIDI (or bounce it to audio) then you can set the latency all the way to 4096 which means you can run more plugins.

On the other hand it's likely that sidechaining will come to AUV3 some day (and maybe higher latencies will be more widely supported in all AUv3 plugins), in which case the AUv3s are a much better long term investment.

• @u0421793 said:

@cian said:

You’re supposed to hear mixed things, that’s what it does.

Also, Auria has sub channels.

bingo! great song title “ I hear mixed things “ ... shotgun! there I called it first...
    thank ye kindly young Ian... :)

• edited June 2019

I like to do long piano jams without any metronome.

I already have Xequence, Cubasis, BeatMaker 3, NanoStudio 2, and Atom.

I want to be able to record my piano jams in midi. Then copy the parts I want from MIDI recordings, and paste them end to end into a single new midi track.

But I'd like to be able to stretch and adjust various "chunks" of midi with "drifting tempo", and manipulate them into the same tempo, to make them "tempo fit" onto one single new MIDI track.

So far I haven't been able to figure out how to do this with the DAWs that already have (maybe one can and I just don't know how?). I can see that atom has some capacity for MIDI stretching, but it does not seem like it's meant for editing long MIDI tracks?

Apparently, Auria Pro has a tool that can stretch and adjust the tempo within chunks of midi data?

Might Auria Pro be the best DAW for piecing together various lengths of MIDI played in different and drifting tempos?

Thanks in advance for any insights about this. :smile:

• edited June 2019

@cian said:

I’ve been using Auria Pro on my Air2 since I reloaded my iPad a while back. Here’s my thoughts so far:

I love using the supplied Fab Filter Twin 2.

While complex, Auria has the most well rounded feature set of any iOS DAW.

Once you get used to the app, some features are quite well designed for the level of complexity on offer.

The piano roll is not as user friendly as the competition.

The AU midi implementation while not immediately the most logical, is the most adaptable at present.

The saving of projects outside of the app itself is horrendously slow and buggy.

Project files seem to take up more space than the competition imo.

Complex use of additional apps with Auria Pro seems to increase the chances of problems occurring. This is true of all iOS DAWs IMO, but Auria seems a tad more susceptible to this than Cubasis or Nanostudio, maybe on par with BeatMaker 3.

If just recording and playing back Audio, AP seems rock solid, especially if using its shop bought Plug ins.

To sum up, Auria Pro IMO is pretty much the same as every other iOS DAW - decent but lacking in some areas. I have yet to find one iOS DAW that does not have one quite serious short coming. These are for myself:

Auria Pro - Saving projects is majorly problematic and slow. Not the best for ease of use.

Cubasis - lacking certain keys features for some uses, such as Sub Groups.

BM3 - AU Midi implementation is poor.

NS2 - No audio tracks and AU Midi is poor.

Just to be fair to the DAWs:

Auria Pro - best well rounded feature set.

Cubasis - best all round ease of use and stability.

BM3 - best sampler, file management and saving projects.

NS2 - great stability and midi feature set that’s easy to use.

P.s. I would buy AP at its price just for Twin2 to be honest!

• Thanks! Exactly what I needed.

• edited June 2019

I find stagelight, although hideous, is quite a daw...and flstudio is more of a daw than ns2 at present...even gadget can record audio...although very poorly.
    I own 2 akai hardware units, so I have been slightly using impc pro2. It also dawlike and has audio tracks...I can export str8 to my mpclive thru MPC 2.0 and finish.
    Mostly, out of all the options on iOS at the moment garageband is what I choose every time. I just finish it in LPX.

• @horsetrainer said:

I want to be able to record my piano jams in midi. Then copy the parts I want from MIDI recordings, and paste them end to end into a single new midi track.

But I'd like to be able to stretch and adjust various "chunks" of midi with "drifting tempo", and manipulate them into the same tempo, to make them "tempo fit" onto one single new MIDI track.

So far I haven't been able to figure out how to do this with the DAWs that already have (maybe one can and I just don't know how?). I can see that atom has some capacity for MIDI stretching, but it does not seem like it's meant for editing long MIDI tracks?

Apparently, Auria Pro has a tool that can stretch and adjust the tempo within chunks of midi data?

Might Auria Pro be the best DAW for piecing together various lengths of MIDI played in different and drifting tempos?

Quoting myself....

I'm pleased to report that I bought Auria Pro and it does stretch midi. It lets me divide a long midi track into sections, and lets me stretch the sections independently from one another.

Seems to have exactly the features I was hoping it would have.

The interface seems sort of "sensitive", in that there are a lot of powerful controls that if accidentally touched does major stuff. But I found the undo button and it works. It also comes with some really cool built-in synths and sounds.

For now I'm only going to use it for recording my Jams into midi, then using it for midi stretching.

I'll probably use Cubasis or NanoStudio for multi-track composing once I've figure them out. I'm thinking less power might be easier for simple multi-track stuff.

• edited June 2019

@horsetrainer said:

@horsetrainer said:

Quoting myself....

I'm pleased to report that I bought Auria Pro and it does stretch midi. It lets me divide a long midi track into sections, and lets me stretch the sections independently from one another.

I didn’t know this about Auria and have owned it for sometime now. Thanks!

• @horsetrainer said:

@horsetrainer said:

Quoting myself....

The interface seems sort of "sensitive", in that there are a lot of powerful controls that if accidentally touched does major stuff. But I found the undo button and it works. It also comes with some really cool built-in synths and sounds.

For now I'm only going to use it for recording my Jams into midi, then using it for midi stretching.

I'll probably use Cubasis or NanoStudio for multi-track composing once I've figure them out. I'm thinking less power might be easier for simple multi-track stuff.

You might find with a little time invested that this is just as easy to do in AP as in another app. I think AP's reputation for being difficult to learn is a bit overhyped.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@cian said:

I’ve been using Auria Pro on my Air2 since I reloaded my iPad a while back. Here’s my thoughts so far:

I love using the supplied Fab Filter Twin 2.

While complex, Auria has the most well rounded feature set of any iOS DAW.

Once you get used to the app, some features are quite well designed for the level of complexity on offer.

The piano roll is not as user friendly as the competition.

The AU midi implementation while not immediately the most logical, is the most adaptable at present.

The saving of projects outside of the app itself is horrendously slow and buggy.

Project files seem to take up more space than the competition imo.

Complex use of additional apps with Auria Pro seems to increase the chances of problems occurring. This is true of all iOS DAWs IMO, but Auria seems a tad more susceptible to this than Cubasis or Nanostudio, maybe on par with BeatMaker 3.

If just recording and playing back Audio, AP seems rock solid, especially if using its shop bought Plug ins.

To sum up, Auria Pro IMO is pretty much the same as every other iOS DAW - decent but lacking in some areas. I have yet to find one iOS DAW that does not have one quite serious short coming. These are for myself:

Auria Pro - Saving projects is majorly problematic and slow. Not the best for ease of use.

Cubasis - lacking certain keys features for some uses, such as Sub Groups.

BM3 - AU Midi implementation is poor.

NS2 - No audio tracks and AU Midi is poor.

Just to be fair to the DAWs:

Auria Pro - best well rounded feature set.

Cubasis - best all round ease of use and stability.

BM3 - best sampler, file management and saving projects.

NS2 - great stability and midi feature set that’s easy to use.

P.s. I would buy AP at its price just for Twin2 to be honest!

+1, what he says.

Don’t use it much, but when I do it does the job well - particularly with audio tracks. Works fine on my prehistoric Air 2 too.

• Video Import (and Export) as add-on seems to be a unique selling point for auria pro. But there is not too much to find about in the net - a video from Doug in late 2015. Oh I see, it is already mentioned in this discussion...

• edited June 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@horsetrainer said:

@horsetrainer said:

Quoting myself....

You might find with a little time invested that this is just as easy to do in AP as in another app. I think AP's reputation for being difficult to learn is a bit overhyped.

Is there another iOS DAW that can time-stretch MIDI ?
    (Not just note length, but actually make long segments of MIDI notes all line up into a new tempo, all in one adjustment.)

I know that Atom has some MIDI time-stretch capability, but I'm not sure it's the right app for selecting sections out of long MIDI files and placing the selections back together in a new MIDI track.

Anyway... Auria Pro can do it, and I can finally make progress in my "vision" for my perfect workflow....

Jam for an hour into a MIDI track as I experiment with all kinds of melodies and stuff. Then go back into that MIDI track and pull out all the good stuff, and later piece together lengths of good stuff to make a single song.

I know I could have done it by bouncing parts of tracks into the new track. But it's so much more intuitive to just paste a new segment into the track, and then time-stretch it until it fits the new track tempo.

• @espiegel123 said:

I’ve only had AP for a day now and think you’re right. So far I’ve found it easy to use. It’s more clearly laid out than some other DAWs that’s for sure.

The UI certainly could be the slicker but it is easy enough to learn and most of the features are reasonably easily discovered.

It’s not the world’s prettiest app but so far I’m pretty impressed.

• Wow this is a great find, never thought AP did this.

@horsetrainer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@horsetrainer said:

@horsetrainer said:

Quoting myself....

(Not just note length, but actually make long segments of MIDI notes all line up into a new tempo, all in one adjustment.)

I know that Atom has some MIDI time-stretch capability, but I'm not sure it's the right app for selecting sections out of long MIDI files and placing the selections back together in a new MIDI track.

Anyway... Auria Pro can do it, and I can finally make progress in my "vision" for my perfect workflow....

Jam for an hour into a MIDI track as I experiment with all kinds of melodies and stuff. Then go back into that MIDI track and pull out all the good stuff, and later piece together lengths of good stuff to make a single song.

I know I could have done it by bouncing parts of tracks into the new track. But it's so much more intuitive to just paste a new segment into the track, and then time-stretch it until it fits the new track tempo.

• I very much like Auria and am spending a lot of each day in it at the moment on my iPad Pro on the tube on the way to work and back. It crashes about twenty to thirty times a day, each time I do anything, sometimes each time I don’t do anything too. But it comes up with a dialogue box asking what I was doing, into which I type a suitable blend of information and obscenities.

Apart from it continually and predictably crashing over and over and over, I quite like it and I’m sticking with it.

• @horsetrainer said:

There’s a MIDI only sequencer app in beta that does this well, but I’m not sure as a beta tester that I’m at liberty to name the app.