Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

bs-16i

Just read on Facebook that the developer of bs-16i has submitted version v1.7 to Apple today, and that this version includes audiobus. Can't wait!

Comments

• Cool. that app has some really good sounds.

• even better it has up to 8 (it might be 16) different sounds playable differently at the same time (using something like Genome). Presumably we can get 3 at a time out?

• Awesome. bs-16i is absolutely one of my favorites. Soundfonts FTW!

• One of the apps I've been awaiting to board the bus. Some great sounds there. :)

• Wow, first time I heard of it. Took a chance on you guys word. No regrets. Now where do I find more good sound fonts?

• @mgmg honestly and snarkfree, just google away. There are so many amazing ones out there. Don't fear the sites that look like they were made in 1998!

• Lol. Will do. Thanks.

• Hammersound has a good collection
    http://hammersound.net/cgi-bin/soundlink.pl
    All the best soundfonts were made before 1998. Think of them as being like vintage guitars; it takes a long time for the bits to mature, so that they resonate nicely.

• edited January 2013

Lol. Thanks.

• edited January 2013

One other question. I see the most of these files are compressed. Can they be downloaded directly into my ipad or do I have to dl them into my pc decompress them, and transfer them to my ipad?

• Often they need to be decompressed. For sure, a killer bs16i feature would be to allow direct web downloads with decompression!

• And they're compressed in various different ways (zip, rar and some specifically for sounfonts), so that's not going to happen I'm afraid. Most have got ratings/descriptions. I remember 1 genius just sampled the white notes 'cos he never played the black ones! If you've the time/inclination/instruments I believe you can do it yourself but it's suposed to be a massive job. Still, if you do have a Steinway in the corner, you could always post it here? LOL

• Also check out http://www.synthfont.com -- they have some tools for editing SoundFonts, plus a VST plug-in.

• Has anyone tried Goodreader for unzipping compressed soundfont files?

• Try iZip, it's free and after its unzipped you can get it to open in bs-16

• Yes, I've used Goodreader to unzip/extract and open in BS-16. I'm pretty sure sometimes you have to change the extension to .sf2 from .sfArk ...if I remember correctly but not positive

• Much appreciated.

• Good reader turned out to be the one for me. It does it all. Thanks again everyone for the help. Hammer sound was a good source for soundfonts.

• @mgmg4871 Do you have a link to goodreader?

• Goodreader is in the App Store.

• Oops, wrong link. Lol

• edited January 2013

Or there's Winzip. It's free, handles .rar as well as .zip files and allows 'Open in...' of Bismark bs-16i.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/winzip/id500637987?mt=8

• Kind of bumping this since this is now on the bus. I have gone to the hamersound soundfont area listed above. I'm able to download single sounds. When I put them into bs-16i, I can only see one sound at a time in the library bank, as opposed to the Library 1 bank that has tons of sounds in it. Does anybody know how to download a several of these soundfonts and make them appear all at once in the lower library banks? I don't see any clear way to do this, and no documentation.

Thank you,
    Shawn

• I asked the developer this question a few months back. From what I remember of the answer...only 1 font per library, total of four, can be loaded into the app at any one time. I'll try and find the reply, and post better details up here later.

• Dang. Seems like a waste if you can really only get 3 more sounds in there. A whole bank like Library 1 would be a really cool thing.

• the only thing I've ever seen was (I think) on the facebook page. He suggested getting them in via iTunes. I've not tried it yet, but I hope to put a load into a folder, stick that in via iTunes and hope that I can use that in a library. I did email the dev about it but no reply: I'm not convinced his English is that good. Mind you it's better than my Japanese!