Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Iconnectivity Audio4+ and iOS12...finally safe to update?

Hey y'all I'm still running my iPad Pro on ios11. Not sure if there were reports of problems with the Audio4+ but wanted to check in here before I go ios12.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi!
    The combo is working great for me.

• yup, no problems at all.

• edited November 2018

No issues with iOS 12.

Edit: infact iConfigforAudio ios is not stable.

• No issues here.

• Not sure if anyone uses windows 10 but the software auracle is now more stable. You can get the beta version on iconnectivity website. Some people couldn’t get the software to run previously.

• Well, the interface works on iOS 12 but you can't access any settings via the iOS app - unless you get lucky. And iConnectivity do not seem interested in fixing it.

• edited November 2018

• Sometimes you need to unplug and replug to establish connectivity, but I've had no issue overall in using the config app

• @OscarSouth said:
    Sometimes you need to unplug and replug to establish connectivity, but I've had no issue overall in using the config app

Also, on occasion, I find deleting and restoring iconfig finds the 4+ when all else fails.

• @Vaultnaemsae said:
    Well, the interface works on iOS 12 but you can't access any settings via the iOS app - unless you get lucky. And iConnectivity do not seem interested in fixing it.

So true! They have an iConnectivity group over on facebook and have reported that they will no longer update the iConnectivity app. After finally wrapping my head around the audio routing I get along great with it. I find that in my setup, Auracle just doesn’t do everything I need.
    The hardware does work fine for me in IOS 12, however.

• edited November 2018

@Philh0954 said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:
    Well, the interface works on iOS 12 but you can't access any settings via the iOS app - unless you get lucky. And iConnectivity do not seem interested in fixing it.

So true! They have an iConnectivity group over on facebook and have reported that they will no longer update the iConnectivity app. After finally wrapping my head around the audio routing I get along great with it. I find that in my setup, Auracle just doesn’t do everything I need.

Is it iOS iconnectivity app they will don’t update anymore? Or they will support only Auracle?

Seems auracle software is less powerful. I really need one of those interface now I really start to dig in Ableton again after a break, and really want to integrate my iOS stuff too. Studiomux is better on iOS12 but still get some crackling and needs to use track delay compensation for my studiomux recordings in Live, those interfaces seems to be the only reliable option. They should make a pocket version, it’s much bigger than a simple lightning cable.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    iconfigforaudio on ios seems to work for me

May I ask which version ipad you are using? Also, did you have any trouble on ios 11?

iConfigforAudio wouldn't work with my ipad pro 12.9 first gen, on ios 11, (persistent "communication error") which was a MAJOR bummer. Basically the greatest fear of an ios update: that it breaks your shit and you can't go back. You can't change the volume of the individual channels in the iconnect's internal mixer without the software.

I was over it with their tech support- they said Apple broke stuff with ios 11, and they couldn't fix it, and they weren't going to, because they were working on Auracle for ios, which would be ready... sometime.

• edited November 2018

@Processaurus said:

@[Deleted User] said:

May I ask which version ipad you are using? Also, did you have any trouble on ios 11?

iConfigforAudio wouldn't work with my ipad pro 12.9 first gen, on ios 11, (persistent "communication error") which was a MAJOR bummer. Basically the greatest fear of an ios update: that it breaks your shit and you can't go back. You can't change the volume of the individual channels in the iconnect's internal mixer without the software.

I was over it with their tech support- they said Apple broke stuff with ios 11, and they couldn't fix it, and they weren't going to, because they were working on Auracle for ios, which would be ready... sometime.

Hey there, well I just tried it again and I can't connect to ios iConfigforAudio using ios 12! it's definitely not stable for sure. Earlier i was using it. Also my main set up is controlled from my PC so I tend to use the PC iconfig software.

• @Janosax said:

@Philh0954 said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:

Is it iOS iconnectivity app they will don’t update anymore? Or they will support only Auracle?

Seems auracle software is less powerful. I really need one of those interface now I really start to dig in Ableton again after a break, and really want to integrate my iOS stuff too. Studiomux is better on iOS12 but still get some crackling and needs to use track delay compensation for my studiomux recordings in Live, those interfaces seems to be the only reliable option. They should make a pocket version, it’s much bigger than a simple lightning cable.

Here’s the post That was on the FB iConnect group page I was talking about:

Echoing Rodney Orpheus and Steven Primo's statements above, yes, Auracle is our replacement for iConfig.
    There will be no further updates to iConfig. In contrast, Auracle is becoming more powerful with every update.
    One of the misconceptions with Auracle is that because the interface is so much more simple and immediate than iConfig, people assume it's less powerful.
    Truthfully, for 90% of situations, Auracle will do everything you could do within iConfig, and it's becoming more powerful with every update.

Not sure how they come up with the 90% figure. I don’t consider my setup very complicated, but find that Auracle doesn’t do it for me. I use a Mac/Logic setup with my iPad/AUM setup, and use the iConnectivity app on my Mac rather than the finicky iPad app.

• @Philh0954 said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:

That sucks about the iConnectivity apps not getting any more updates. They have 2 apps I believe. You mean they aren’t updating the iConfig for Audio as well? The thing is I don’t use my iCA4+ all that often because I usually just need MIDI In audio Out, but I like having it and usually don’t use any computer other than my iPad...

• @DMan said:

@Philh0954 said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:

That sucks about the iConnectivity apps not getting any more updates. They have 2 apps I believe. You mean they aren’t updating the iConfig for Audio as well? The thing is I don’t use my iCA4+ all that often because I usually just need MIDI In audio Out, but I like having it and usually don’t use any computer other than my iPad...

Sounds like It shouldn’t really matter much for you if you don’t use a PC or Mac in your setup. The fact that they’ll no longer update iConfig doesn’t really bother me since it works for everything I need it to do. Auracle doesn’t. Hopefully the updates they implement in Auracle will bring it in line with the functionality that iConfig has.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Processaurus said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Hey there, well I just tried it again and I can't connect to ios iConfigforAudio using ios 12! it's definitely not stable for sure. Earlier i was using it. Also my main set up is controlled from my PC so I tend to use the PC iconfig software.

I might have come up with a way to make the iOS version work a little better, I found out that iconnectaudo 4 will lose connection more often if the iPad auto lock is on. I turned the auto lock off in the iPad brightness settings and currently I can use the iOS IConfigaudio app.
    Maybe you can test this also?

• Thanks for the replies. Might be time to take the plunge

• What’s the current status for iCA4+ users on iOS 12?

• The hardware is working well with ios 12. The only issues is with the app and desktop software. Iconfig is the best but they haven't updated it so it's only working sometimes on ios, Auracle just isn't as deep so I don't use it.

But overall I have no real issues working on iOS :)

• I've run the latest versions of iOS and iCA4+ hardware drivers pretty much consistently through probably a dosen performances with it as the hub now -- never had any issue personally.

• edited June 2019

No issues once you set up the configuration to your personal needs. Very stable.

The IConfig app on iOS is a little inconsistent to open but I always do all my editing of IConfig software from the PC so it doesn’t matter in my case.

• edited June 2019

My ipad pro 1st gen (ios 12) has nothing but problems recognizing the hardware with iconfig app. It's dire. Like if you restart everything and replug it, it connects every 3rd time. I have to use an old ipad or mac to change levels on the mixer. I do not recommend the iconnect to any ios user at this point, who doesn't also use a mac.

• @Processaurus said:
    My ipad pro 1st gen (ios 12) has nothing but problems recognizing the hardware with iconfig app. It's dire. Like if you restart everything and replug it, it connects every 3rd time. I have to use an old ipad or mac to change levels on the mixer. I do not recommend the iconnect to any ios user at this point, who doesn't also use a mac.

That’s how it works for me but that’s fine — bit of trial and error to get the connection with software but you rarely need to open it and it works well once you get it going, so no issues there for myself.