Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Whoa! Full Screen Zoom is great

Just discovered Full Screen Zoom on iOS, particularly good on iPhone, as it saved Moog Model D and it’s tiny interface for me.

To use, go to the settings app, then general, then accessibility, then zoom. Under “Zoom Region” use full screen.

What it does is zoom using the full screen, rather than a little window which I believe is the default. You can also customize the zoom amount with a double tap and drag gesture, to for example focus exclusively on the Model D’s controls. Yeah you miss out on the keyboard to test adjustments, but run a sequencer into it and you’re good to go.

It’s sort of like have Moog’s other app, the Model 15’s zoom feature for every app. Very handy in some instances.

May be old news to some, if so, why didn’t you tell me about it earlier?!

Comments

• I always use it for Doug’s videos :p :p :p

• @e121 said:
    Just discovered Full Screen Zoom on iOS, particularly good on iPhone, as it saved Moog Model D and it’s tiny interface for me.

To use, go to the settings app, then general, then accessibility, then zoom. Under “Zoom Region” use full screen.

What it does is zoom using the full screen, rather than a little window which I believe is the default. You can also customize the zoom amount with a double tap and drag gesture, to for example focus exclusively on the Model D’s controls. Yeah you miss out on the keyboard to test adjustments, but run a sequencer into it and you’re good to go.

It’s sort of like have Moog’s other app, the Model 15’s zoom feature for every app. Very handy in some instances.

May be old news to some, if so, why didn’t you tell me about it earlier?!

I've hinted several times at the fs zoom, better read my posts :D
    You do know that you can pan around the zoomed screen with 3 fingers?

I also had to learn that it doesn't work with every app unfortunately.
    Zoom always works, but sometimes touching the screen will only be effective with an offset, renedering the zoomed mode unusable.
    It works in most apps though.

• edited November 2018

In fact zoom uses multi touch gesture, so you will not be able to play three notes chords without any laggy/unresponsive behavior, even with zoom level set to zero. But it’s very effective to adjust knobs/values etc. The best way to use it is to add zoom to accessibility shortcuts via triple home button tap to quickly enabling/disabling zoom.

• I just been using reading glasses this whole time. :D

• @Janosax said:
    In fact zoom uses multi touch gesture, so you will not be able to play three notes chords without any laggy/unresponsive behavior, even with zoom level set to zero. But it’s very effective to adjust knobs/values etc. The best way to use it is to add zoom to accessibility shortcuts via triple home button tap to quickly enabling/disabling zoom.

Enabling the trip click home button shortcut causes a delay when accessing multitasking via the home button. Super annoying

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@Janosax said:

Enabling the trip click home button shortcut causes a delay when accessing multitasking via the home button. Super annoying

Never noticed it before you mentioned it, it’s not that huge of a delay on my iPhone 7 Plus. But thanks for mentioning the extra speed can be worth it in many situations ;)

• @Janosax said:
    In fact zoom uses multi touch gesture, so you will not be able to play three notes chords...

Good point. You can also add accessibility options to the Control Center, by customizing it in the settings app. From there just add Zoom and then you can toggle zoom on or off rather easily.

• edited November 2018

Slightly unrelated but another great accessibility option is the speak screen which can be utilised by two finger swiping from the top of the screen. Good for skimming websites and emails. I believe it was added but unmentioned in iOS 12. I just stumbled on it.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Slightly unrelated but another great accessibility option is the speak screen which can be utilised by two finger swiping from the top of the screen. Good for skimming websites and emails. I believe it was added but unmentioned in iOS 12. I just stumbled on it.

Yes it’s super useful and was already there on iOS 11.

• edited November 2018

Wow, cool! I didn't know about either of these features!

To add an additional tip.. One useful situation for speaking text is as a proofreading measure. You can have something you wrote (a text or email you are about to send) read back to you and then catch typos you might not have noticed when reading your own writing off the screen.

I've done this on MacOS; now I can do it on iOS! Thx.

• edited November 2018

I don’t know if it’s just my iPad but if I zoom to certain knobs in a Synth it doesn’t work properly Or it moves accidentally to other parts of the screen
    That’s why I cant edit the sound in most synths and just play the presets or edit tracks because I’m almost blind but playing everything in live is nice too reminds me of homekeyboards there you’ also only t have he inbuilt presets