Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Step Sequencer/DAW for playing multiple hardware synths?

Hi all.

I was looking at Auria Pro and Cubasis for sequencing my hardware synths live but wasn't sure which would be better suited for that. I own xynthesizr and it's awesome for Berlin style sequences but not for multiple hardware synths at the same time. If synthesizer could play 4-6 separate patterns at the same time it might be usable but as it stands the pattern has to be split up to run separate sequences which isn't going to work.
Thanks

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited November 2018
  • Piano Roll sequencing, but Xequence is well up to the job.

Maybe Quantum too?

• Xequence is not strictly a pattern sequencer, but has lots of features that replicate such functionality, such as individually loopable clips. You might want to have a look.

• I vote Modstep.

• edited November 2018

Oscilab handles up to 8 midi tracks, note + 4 CCs per track and adresses external synths.
    (tracks can be switched between internal drum/synth and midi)

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/oscilab/id790213913?mt=8

• Gotta be Modstep.

• edited November 2018

@HydraGen said:
    Hi all.

I was looking at Auria Pro and Cubasis for sequencing my hardware synths live but wasn't sure which would be better suited for that. I own xynthesizr and it's awesome for Berlin style sequences but not for multiple hardware synths at the same time. If synthesizer could play 4-6 separate patterns at the same time it might be usable but as it stands the pattern has to be split up to run separate sequences which isn't going to work.
    Thanks

Thoughts?

You want it fast and simple?
    Genome MIDI.
    It's pattern-based and imho suits your description best.
    You can switch patterns live, independently for each of the 16 MIDI channels.
    And, like Xynthesizr, it supports MIDI master and slave sync.

• I use modstep for playing external and internal synths at same time. It’s a clip launcher based workflow similar to Ableton so it’s fun to sequence a variety of clips quite easily.

Depends on how your brain is wired but i have found the most appealing of those mentioned in the thread.

• Modstep's MIDI clock implementation is SOLID too. Only app on iOS that I use with MIDI clock and trust. It's highly powerful in practice and accurate as hell!

• Thanks for the replies all. I'm going to investigate these suggestions and see what fits my brain the best. Thanks again.